Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #1  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Default Didn't make a mini goal :(

I had a mini goal of starting 2013 under 200lbs and I'm 203.8 I started in mid oct at 219 and started off on fire then had nearly a 3 week stall. I was so hoping to start the year in the 100s. So I'm a bit bummed. How do y'all not let not making a goal get you down
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220.6/193.7/125.0

Height: 5''5'

I think its hard to not get let down when you don't reach a goal, but the best thing about goals is that you can always make new ones. You can do it! I know it!
BrittanyRinkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #3  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I make a new one. As you can see by my ticker, I didn't make my New Years Goal either. But you know what? I maintained through recovery from an illness, and I'm back at it. That's really what matter, not that I'm a couple lbs short of a goal.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

Aw but you are so close! Don't let that eclipse your achievement. You've done well and onederland is well and truly in sight!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

You're so close! You did amazingly well. There's nothing wrong with what you've accomplished. You should be very proud of yourself!

On one of my previous attempts at losing weight, all of my mini-goals were tied to dates- reach XYZ weight by this date, lose 15 more pounds by this other date, etc. After I missed a few, and got super discouraged, I gave up. I thought-- I'm a failure so why bother.

This time around, I haven't attached a date to any of my mini goals. I'll get there when I get there. I've been working on this latest mini goal (170 to 163, so 7 pounds) since mid-October-ish. Now I don't feel like I'm behind or a failure if I don't reach a certain weight by a pre-determined date. I know my body doesn't cooperate like that, so there's no sense in trying to force it!

Don't let not making a goal deter you. Learn from what happened, incorporate that information into your new plan, and go from there.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Hugs
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
This time around, I haven't attached a date to any of my mini goals. I'll get there when I get there. I've been working on this latest mini goal (170 to 163, so 7 pounds) since mid-October-ish. Now I don't feel like I'm behind or a failure if I don't reach a certain weight by a pre-determined date. I know my body doesn't cooperate like that, so there's no sense in trying to force
what penmage said. I can't help it though. But what I plan to do is make my goals really small pound wise and big time wise so I will have a good chance of exceeding my mini goals. I don't put a date on a mini goal until I've reached the last one, however, so I don't fall more and more behind.

My goal was to maintain from Dec 23- Jan 1 (my holiday) and I gained two pounds. I'm telling myself the important thing is the grander trend. Like you I was really bummed at first but the people on here who have been successful just get back to what works as soon as possible.

Mostly I am talking a better talk than I walk cuz I am impatient but I am drawing from what I see around here. Take heart. You are not alone! You will get there! I wish I had a better answer for you.

I think I should have stopped talking at "what penmage said."
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #8  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Unless I wake up 3lbs lighter I didn't make mine either. I know I really tried so that is what counts. Plus I wonder if sometimes we r replacing the fat with muscle and muscle does weigh more. I noticed the last few days I look thinner even though I seem to have been at the same weight. I figure I will set a new goal and work even harder to achieve it. Don't get bummed take it as a personal chalange
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

First off, you did great! You are off to a super start.

To answer your question, I don't set goals over which I have no control, such as losing a certain amount by a specific date. I set goals that it is up to ME whether or not I make them, such as exercising a specific number of times, etc.

Stalls are normal... a couple months ago I went 19 days without losing a pound. Ouch!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #10  

I tried soooooo hard to get to 239.9 and start the new year in the 230s. I only made it to 241.2, so close yet so far. So now I am mentally going to trick myself (assuming I lose 1.3 by Saturday lol) that I started the first weekend of 2013 at my "year-end goal weight". But in the grand scheme of things, I DID lose 80lbs since the summer and I am celebrating that no matter what.

Let's celebrate your 15lbs and you'll be on your way to onederland in no time!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #11  
Be strong and courageous

S/C/G: 310/195/140

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

You still rock for losing weight. Don't let not meeting your goal get you down. You can do this!
susiefleshner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #12  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

When you're staring down at the 199 numbers on the scale one day, the fact that you didn't get there sooner won't matter at all. You'll just be glad to be there!

I agree with not putting a date on goals -- I just pick a goal weight, then I'm happy to put the date when I achieve it beside that goal. My body has a mind of it's own, and I've never lost consistently. It gives up the weight when it's good and ready -- which makes for some really exciting weigh-ins sometimes, but a lot of the time, it's just same ol, same ol.

Chin up! You've accomplished a lot so far. Don't negate that victory because of a few measly pounds!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:41 PM   #13  
New-b

S/C/G: 219/ticker/155

Height: 5ft

Thank all of you for ur support. Weighed in at 202.4 this am
WannaB2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #14  
banned

S/C/G: 200/150/100

Height: 155cm

Don’t give up easily on the things you really want. You’re on the way there. I know you can do it!
r4ch3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #15  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I track my weight loss weekly so I know what my average loss is each month. I don't set goals that fall outside of my weight loss trend but I also don't set time frames. I know that my next mini-goal is to weigh 181 pounds and I have a general idea of how long it will take me to get there but I haven't given myself a deadline.

I think the key is to wake up each morning and make a new commitment to your weight loss plan. You are so close to Onederland, don't let disappointment mess up all of your hard work.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote