Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 360 lbs/ 360 lbs/ 130 lbs.

Height: 5'1"

Default New Years Eve Party

Okay so I have been doing so well. I have lost 7 pounds already and have been counting calories like a beast. My husband and I are going to a NYE party at a friend's house. I know there will be alchohol, I don't plan to drink but I may end up having a wine cooler. Should I just go ahead and have a wine cooler and leave it at that or should I just take my bottles of water an avoid drinking all together. I don't want to seem like a party pooper!
samanthahwrd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 335/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7 -171ish cm

Its okay to live a little while dieting. Just count the calories in the alcohol too. Thats what I do. Sure I will go over a bit but one day slack once in a blue moon allows you to live life a little. But if you'd feel better cutting out alcohol from your life completly thats up to you and if you drink water instead people should leave you alone about it. Me I will be drinking tonight but hopefully I won't go over my calories by too much.
CherryQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

ive never been into drinking at all...mostly because the ppl i'm around like beer and i think it tastes awful lol...i'm going to a party tonight too and my downfall won't be alcohol, it will be the fried snacks ughhh...anyhow, same problem, different sets of calories...i'm going to try to stay away from the food and i know we're leaving early (because of our kids)

because my sister struggles with substance problems, i'm always terrified that i'm one drink away from becoming a raging alcoholic...so i rarely ever drink...i know that sounds silly
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM   #4  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Will there be any other drink options available? I usually avoid wine cooler type drinks like the plague because of all the sugar (not to mention lack of alcohol lol), and I don't really enjoy them. If you do though, by all means, enjoy a few! Honestly, I know you just started, but go for it if you want some.

I prefer to drink mixed drinks like Jack Daniels and Coke Zero, or others like that. They're low in calories! But that's not to say I don't occasionally enjoy a full calorie margarita or something else like that.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote