Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-19-2012, 03:49 AM   #1  
babybat

Height: 5'7

Unhappy HELP I need a push

I use to skip meals and eat a lot at night, I've done good at not eating late but now I'm having cravings... How do I get rid of them?

I've been slacking a bit too, by not counting my calories, I could use some tough love? Some words of encouragement?

Last edited by Babybat; 12-19-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #2  
funny mummy

S/C/G: 166/150/130

Height: 5ft 6"

Start fresh right now
Trust me, this coming from someone in the exact same situation who is fighting the exact same feelings. Its so hard to let go of the all or nothing mentality. Its really hard, but if you can battle it out for just a couple of hard days, you gain momentum and start getting into the swing of things and you get better at it, even if it doesnt get any easier
Start right now, then you'll be all set to carry on in the morning. dont berate yourself, whats done is done. Keep calm, have a cup of tea and carry on.
(((hugs)))

ETA: as for the night cravings, no real words of advice there as im still battling them too. I do find it helps to eat right, eat all your calories during the day so your not hungry. And maybe save 100 or so for some low calorie munchies if your desperate. Having a low calorie drink so sip through the evening helps too.

Last edited by Lilbert; 12-19-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Lilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/145.6/130-117

Height: 5feet1

I know it's not advisable but I try to save about 100 cals for a 10 pm snack. If I'm craving before that I just wait and know I'll have a little something (usually a low fat yogurt or fruit baby food) at 10. I figure I gotta work with the times my body wants to eat and not impose on myself a schedule that doesn't come naturally. I'm not hungry when I first get up so I don't eat breakfast. Again, not advisable, but I know myself better than the professionals who design diets. I'm not smarter than them, but I am still having results. At least in the early going. I'm willing to change if it stops working, but in the meantime this is what feels easiest. Easiest isn't always best, granted, but it's gotten me started.
Fluffypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #4  
babybat

Height: 5'7

thanks I feel better
Babybat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:40 PM   #5  
Warrior Princess

I'm right there with you. I have been cheating like crazy with holiday dinners and now I have pre-TOM bloat. :/ Ugh...

We will just have to pull it together. I'm craving right now too but I have to ignore.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #6  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I would try a calorie counting website or app, it helps keep you accountable for everything you put in your mouth

Tomorrow is a new day to make better choices
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #7  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babybat View Post
I use to skip meals and eat a lot at night, I've done good at not eating late but now I'm having cravings... How do I get rid of them?

I've been slacking a bit too, by not counting my calories, I could use some tough love? Some words of encouragement?

Hi Babybat. I know, I go too bed hungrry a lot. A couple things I do is look at my skinny wardrobe and future trip .. I also drink tons of water. If you feel you need something to add inside 'cuz your belly is rumbling, tea w/o caffeine and a splash of lemon or lime might help. Just be careful not to add milk or sugars cuz they might hinder your next day .. hope this might help. Best of luck.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote