Old 12-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Between Challenge Chat Thread Week 4 (Dec 17 - Dec 23)

hi Ladies-
Sorry for the late start.
I've been reading, but not responding

Finally got our Christmas tree over the weekend. Now to start Christmas shopping- doh.

Hope everyone is doing well.

rwquilts- you may add a few calories back in 250-300, not a huge amount and keep everything else constant and see what happens. You may want to also pop into the maintenance board as they may be able to give you ideas as well.

Be sure to spread the news about the signups for the new challenge. I'll try to PM those who participated in the last challenge. Remember to post your Starting Weight by midnight on the 22nd.

So- are you ready for Christmas or are you like me and just getting going?

Have a great Monday all.

Last edited by CanadaMel; 12-17-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #2  

We put up our tree Sunday with a little help from my 5 yo GD. I put electric candles in the windows and that is about all that is going to happen at my house decoration wise. My daughter says the candles in the windows looks more like halloween instead of Christmas. Thank you so much darling.

Most of my "shopping" were gift certificates. More cost effective to mail/ship. I sent my youngest daughter cash so she could shop for her kids for me and that worked out well. I have gifts ordered for the grand kids that are local and sure hope they arrive on time, I should have ordered sooner but I just haven't had my heart in it. I hate shopping and Christmas crowds and I really don't mix so the best way is online for me ... assuming that I getter an earlier start than I have this year. Now I'm just stressing about deliveries. Oh well, wish my heart was in it a little more this year.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #3  
Laurie

S/C/G: 190/186/165

Height: 5'7"

I am all ready. Just have to wrap DH's gifts. We have 12grandkids so I make every attempt to be done by Dec 1. And this year it actually worked for a change. Lol.

Looking forward to this challenge. I feel like I am in the right place to take care of myself first for a change.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #4  

Hi just a quick hello before I head out to work this morning. I've been really busy at work still and helping out another store as well. Been putting in 10 + hours and no breaks so by the time I come home I eat and then go to bed. I'm getting old:-)

Well that's it for me I should be seeing a bit of a wind down soon as its to late now to get to many photo gifts in topime for Christmas. Just the books and calendars left that can be done in time.

Well I'll talk to you tomorrow....if there is one...:-)
Old 12-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #5  

Helloo!!!
I think I can see the end of the tunnel. 3 nights of shopping & I'm as done as I'm going to get. Though I'll likely go out this weekend. Kids are done with school-whew. 1.5 more days of work- I think I can, I think I can.

Scale is moving down?!?! Not sure what to think, but I'll take it. Guess I'm staying more on plan than I thought. I haven't really changed anything up than to start having an egg, cheese & salsa for breakfast. I wonder if the increased protein is motivating the metabolism?

Hope everyone is doing well. Looking forward to a relaxing evening and some knitting.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Mel, you have been so consistent and persistent. You're a good role model!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #7  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

I wish I could get back on track! I have gained all the weight back plus one pound from last challenge! Holidays are sure hard to diet through!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #8  

Hello all!
The leaders have been chatting & we have decided to leave sign ups open until JANUARY 3rd. That way, we have more participants & our starting weights will be more realistic. Merry Christmas!
So you have until midnight, Thursday Jan 3rd to sign up & edit your starting weight.
This of course means that we wil do our best to have the teams announced by Saturday Jan 5th.
So spread the word, be sure to keep participating in the between challenges threads & enjoy the Holidays!

Last edited by CanadaMel; 12-23-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #9  
Doing something for me!

Glad the date got extended. I won't have to worry so bad about these next few days.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #10  

I haven't felt like I have over indulged but the scale is moving in the wrong direction. Oh well I am not going to stress about it, that would only make it worse. I will start Focusing on my tracking more closely after Christmas. We don't really do much for New Years so I should be well on my way to getting back to normal by then.

Christmas shopping and wrapping is done. I should cook a couple of pies today but have a sore throat and not feeling 100% so decided to vegg out instead. I will tackle pies in the morning after DH leaves for work.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #11  
Doing something for me!

I was wondering...what type of plan does everyone use? Once again I'm thinking of switching to calorie counting vs WW.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: SW194/CW144/GW140

Height: 5.10

Yay. Glad of date change. My weight is bouncing up and down with holidays so i wasnt sure what to start with.

I survived the first half of my parents visit. I ate stuff that i normally wouldnt now but did smaller portions. I love my parents but when they are around i am a little kid again who is suppose to eat every thing. I am even exercising secretly in my bedroom before showering. I know that i should confront my parents but my mom has a lotof emotional issues that it is easier to avoid.

Page - i am doing calorie counting.

Eof az - i hope that you feel better soon.i just finish all my wrapping last night. So glad that i didnt wait til today. I stillhave two believers in my house so have to hide things more.

Cant believe it is christmas eve. Family voted on homemade lasagna tonight. Not even going to bother trying to figure out those calories but will try to take reasonable amount.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my friends here. I am so thankful for the support.