UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 08:00 AM   #1  

Wink Isn't it amazing how we kid ourselves...!

I started what trying to lose weight in January, as I had two foreign holidays looming and i wanted to feel comfortable and confident in time for them. Well, the first of those holidays is next week....and I am not one pound lighter! And I thought I had been trying really hard...

I have been keeping a food diary since I started, and decided to have a look back through it today to see where I went wrong. What did I notice? That although I thought I had been really good every week, I only seemed to make it to Wednesday before 'treating' myself with a goodie, and then having a normal weekend or takeaways and beers!!

It really is unbeliveable how you can convince yourself that you are trying so hard, but are no where near doing enough to lose weight. I was even starting to think I had some kind of disease that meant I was incapable of losing weight!!

Sometimes, I really am my worst enemy! Has anyone else fallen into this trap?

Also, what kind of 'treats' do you allow yourself and still maintain weight loss?
Old 04-29-2003, 01:08 PM   #2  
Gym'll fix it!!

OMG..you are so right i do it all the time! especially at weekend..every monday is good and then from wednesday on the calories climb the "treats" increase and by weekend i'm not even on a diet anymore I have lost weight successfully before while including chocolate and beer in the "diet" but it was hard to do and i was hungry I suppose the only way to do it properly is to be accountable everyday and stop kidding ourselves that we are being "Good"
Old 04-29-2003, 01:10 PM   #3  
Gym'll fix it!!

BTW..Enjoy your holiday!
Old 04-30-2003, 04:25 AM   #4  

thanks cat. I am going to be really good until i go, and maybe 4 stone will drop off in the next 7 days!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:03 PM   #5  
Gym'll fix it!!

let me know if you do it!
Old 05-04-2003, 11:58 AM   #6  
Theres no stopping me now

Let me know how you do it - could do with a miracle 'cure'

I'm too good to myself as well. I try to be an angel from Monday to Friday evening and spoil myself over the weekend - doesn't always work out.
Old 05-06-2003, 04:14 AM   #7  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Me too!! Why do we bother trying to kid ourselves into thinking we are being good ... We're fooling no one but ourselves! I've tried time and time again to lose weight, thinking I was being such an angel, only to look back at my notes to discover that I only got as far as Thurday breakfast! ... then the weekend arrived! It's amazing how many long weekends there are For the past couple of weeks though, I've forced myself to write down what I eat EVERY SINGLE DAY, even the weekends and guess what ... I've lost weight for two weeks consecutive weeks ... amazing!! ... I wonder how that happened?

Nichola

Last edited by Fat in Hong Kong; 05-06-2003 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-06-2003, 05:45 AM   #8  

Well done, Nichola...(sorry, spelt it wrong last time)....are you drinking lots of water each day,too? I have to say that when I really try, this does seem to help. Don't ask me why, though I deal with the treats like this. Each week I know I can have one meal or mega naughty treat to eat, my downfall is an Indian or a Chinese takeaway or going out for lunch at pizza hut.I don't think "oh shucks I've blown it now" because I have planned and allowed myself this treat. Very very surprisingly for me,( and don't forget I know myself better than anyone else!) sometimes I get to Friday or Saturday and think oh I haven't had my treat yet, and actually do not feel deprived!!!!!AMAZING!

No I am no angel...far far from it, but I'm nearer the finishing line than some time back when I was 22lbs lighter.
Old 05-12-2003, 06:47 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally posted by teel
but I'm nearer the finishing line than some time back when I was 22lbs lighter. [/B]

Oh oops I meant to say "when I was 22lbs HEAVIER!!"
Old 05-12-2003, 02:15 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

he-he we knew you meant that Teel
Old 05-16-2003, 05:33 PM   #11  

This is a variation on the original theme.

I have for years worn my bra a size 42C. Even after losing a bit, I feel my boobs aren't much smaller (amazingly) and still wear my 42C's in the last hook & eye on the band, not the smallest one.

But last week I had a conversation about bra size with a weight losing colleague and she has gone down a bra size since losing 11lbs.

So the next morning I went for a rake around the underwear drawer and found a 40C, it fitted like a glove (only it wasn't one) so I swanned around all day feeling so proud of myself.

Until this morning when I pulled the only bra I could find out the drawer and discovered it was a 38C. had no choice but to put it, was imaging the flabby bits hanging over the straps and the sore bits where the cups would rub, but I had no choice, can't go out in public braless.

But to my delight it fitted, ok the cups were the tiniest wee bit tight, they only left a little red mark, no soreness or bulging over, any where - strap or cup.

So can someone explain to me why when I have a couple of lovely smaller bras, my beige "shot putt carrier" size bra is still my favourite. Will need to bribe myself to put those 42C's in the bin.

And why don't I feel they are any smaller - Ray reckons the fat has gone from my back not my boobs - I reckon that is just wishful thinking on his part

Sorry if all this is too much information.

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 05-16-2003 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:25 PM   #12  
Gym'll fix it!!

I think the shot putt carrier must just be comfy Carol..what you're used to..like a comfy pair of shoes..i'm the same..i have lots of lacy underwired bra's but i tend to wear the plain cross your heart type and when i do wear a nice one i usually can't wait to get it off when i get home and let the 'girls' out
Old 05-17-2003, 01:45 PM   #13  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

ROFL.....I think we're all the same with bra's Carol and Cathy. We just love those comfy ones. I tend to go and buy new ones when the comfy ones start swinging round about and the 'girls' as Cathy calls them tend to be heading more south than usual. I have a pair of new jeans in the wardrobe that are a size sixteen and I am sure they'd fit nice right now as 18's are swimming on me, but I don't want to be disheartened if they are too tight, so am holding off putting them on. I'll keep with the very comfy 18's for a while longer.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:17 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

oooh Chris the suspense is killing me go on try 'em on i bet they fit
Old 05-18-2003, 01:42 PM   #15  

Money on they fit too -- go on Chris put them on.

The shot putt carrying bra is in the bin, along with my favourite big (enomorous !!) knickers.

Will just need to go buy a new set
Closed Thread