Old 12-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #1  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Default Need a little insight

This is just a rant.

I've been doing really well with my weight loss for the past nine weeks, except for the last ten days things have gotten tricky.

It started last Wednesday when I was crazy busy at work... for about four days straight I had only between 650-800 calories a day (I know, bad!). I lost a total of 6.5 pounds that week and was REALLY excited...Well then Sunday I went out with my husband's family to pick a Christmas tree... we had a fast food biscuit for breakfast and then a big BBQ lunch (equally bad!)... so monday i stepped on the scale and had gained a pound (totally expected)... but then all day yesterday I stayed on my diet, worked out like normal (burned 700 cals) but only managed to eat 860 calories. I completely expected to have lost a little bit but then saw that I've gained ANOTHER pound. I'm so confused!!

I'm hoping that the solution is to up my calories back to 1200 a day and to work out harder, but I just don't know. Feeling discouraged today Anyone have any ideas on whats going on?
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

You shouldn't have been eating so little in the first place, it can really mess things up in your body. And I doubt you lost 6 lbs in a week, you would have to be in a deficit of over 21000 calories. Even with starving yourself that would be hard to do. In reality you probably dropped water weight from not eating enough and then gained that water weight back.

Slowly start upping your calories to a healthier amount. You might see some gains but eventually you will start losing again. Be aware that it's normal to fluctuate between a few lbs each day.

Please start eating more, you're on a slippery slope by eating so little while exercising. You can do serious damage to yourself.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM   #3  
Excited!

S/C/G: 260/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanieM View Post
You shouldn't have been eating so little in the first place, it can really mess things up in your body. And I doubt you lost 6 lbs in a week, you would have to be in a deficit of over 21000 calories. Even with starving yourself that would be hard to do. In reality you probably dropped water weight from not eating enough and then gained that water weight back.

Slowly start upping your calories to a healthier amount. You might see some gains but eventually you will start losing again. Be aware that it's normal to fluctuate between a few lbs each day.

Please start eating more, you're on a slippery slope by eating so little while exercising. You can do serious damage to yourself.
Oh absolutely! It was ridiculous... I agree. I usually work normal workdays, but things were so crazy I was having to skip lunch and wasn't getting home until really late... and I can't eat late at night unfortunately. I def. won't be making it a habit!!!
onic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #4  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Sounds like water weight fluctuations. Just get back on plan and things should even out. Good luck hun!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #5  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I agree with Mozzy, sound's like water weight fluctuations. Could be due to all the sodium in the BBQ lunch you had or just your bodies normal fluctuations. Try not to stress to much, it is completely normal for your weight to fluctuate up and down from day to day.

Just wanted to say that 850 calories is not enough for you, so don't make a habit of eating so little 0kay? I wouldn't want to see you completely burn yourself out
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Besides losing water weight, since you weren't eating as much volume of food, your digestive tract wasen't as "Full" as it usually would have been. Hence the drop as well. Give yourself a few more days and let your body adject back to normal(while eating a bit more calories) and then see where your weight is at

Good luck

Last edited by baker23; 12-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #7  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

Part of the weight you lost could have been from the stress of your busy week. Now that things have calmed down a bit, your body might be regulating itself.

Last edited by epicskyline; 12-04-2012 at 09:53 PM.
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #8  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

I think you answered your own question in your post! You need FUEL for exercise, if you don't fuel your body you won't lose weight it really is that simple. 1200 sounds a little low to me if you're doing exercise too.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote