Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Default Hiatus!

I've been under massive stress recently and obsessing with my weight loss isn't helping. I'm going to take a break from actively worrying about the scale. I'm going to exercise, I'm going to count calories but in putting the scale away until the 17th, my birthday. Hopefully the change I see will be a good one and make me happy! Right now obsessing over the scale is just grinding on me and making me make poor choices.
Katbot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

That's totally fine! Everyone is different! Some people need to weigh weekly or monthly and some, like me, need to weigh daily.

Each one has its positives depending on your personality and what works best.

As long as you keep exercising and eating right you will be fine Sometimes it's best to go by how we feel or our measurements.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I'm also on a diet hiatus. Life has been super crazy since I started school this past Sept and I can't see myself getting fully back on the wagon anytime soon. It's just been one thing after another. Insane family drama which resulted in me moving out and in with a friend. Then hurricane sandy hit and the house I was staying at got demolished. A full load of graduate classes, one of which involves a group project with an incompetent group (hence I have to do everything). Applying for a credentialing program, trying to work out advising issues so I can graduate in may. I've just been stressed out of my mind. Things should calm down next Feb/May when applications are due. I cannot wait to actually have some time to get back into running.

I'm up to 221.4 (as per this morning) up from my lowest of 173 this past summer (ouch, I know). I'm really just hoping to at the very least not gain any more until things calm down. If all of my career things eventually work out the way I want, I can deal with putting on 50 pounds. The weight can come off but if I mess up this stuff I'm seriously screwed.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 AM   #4  
1500 Max!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/119

Height: 5'6"

Scarlett, you sound exactly like me last year. I knew my weight was going up but I had exam resits and stuff and it was my last chance so I just didn't have time to think about weight loss. Plus, as you said, the weight can come off anytime but if you mess up your career stuff then all your efforts and dreams could come to nothing. So, irresponsible as it may sound, I think you are probably right to just do what you need to do for now and lose weight later. I don't regret my choice since I am now qualified even after my struggles!

Katbot24 (I love your name by the way). As StephanieM said, different things work for different people and if the scales stress you out then stay away from them. Try and keep motivated by the fact it is your birthday soon and it would be nice to shed a few pounds as a present to yourself but don't be too obsessed over it. It sounds like you are doing the right thing for yourself.
LucyOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #5  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Good luck and happy early birthday!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

hi five! i'm doing something similar. not gonna weigh til i'm done with the 30 day shred. and i plan on moving onto new rules of lifting for women after vacation.

i can't drive myself crazy with scales when i'm building muscle, retaining water, etc.

i think less stress will help in your efforts, so if this is what you gotta do..go for it!
valalltogether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good luck, and happy early birthday!!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #8  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

i'm just coming off of a diet hiatus, and it's amazing the difference it makes. i had hit a weight loss wall and was beating myself up about it to no avail. finally i decided to stop obsessing for a litte bit and took a couple of weeks off (by "off" i mean still eating reasonably, watching my portions, and still walking a lot...annnnnd let's be real, a few binges snuck their way in there too!) and actually lost about 2 pounds. not a huge loss, but it was nice to a little decrease in weight that didn't require me beating myself up.

good luck to you, Katbot24! and happy birthday, lady!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote