South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF - Friday, November 23 ...

... also known as Black Friday! I bet the malls are crammed on your side of the border. We have a few Black Friday Sales but I am not going shopping today for sure. Ship me your turkey carcasses by Purolator and I'll make turkey soup for you all.

Off to the gym this morning and then for coffee with my gym buddies. We sure miss having Bob's Diner here in the Village so have been using the one in the next town where the gym is located. It's not the same of course since there are not too many Delta folks in there at 9 to share village gossip. Maybe that's a good thing?

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring although I must firm up my Christmas shopping and food prep list. Although our Church is closing in January, my Christmas Eve party is a tradition and will probably be mobbed. Claire usually brings me her wonderful baking but I do the rest. I've learned to do as much as possible ahead and rely on my freezer.

Have a great day and remember get those turkey carcasses shipped off!
Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth, and thanks for getting us started! I'm sorry...we had a vegetarian Thanksgiving so I don't have a carcass to send you. I do still have lots of SBD friendly leftovers, though. Enjoy your workout today.

We managed to sleep in again this morning and I get to make my own agenda for a few hours. I got so much done yesterday morning I am eager to start again. I think I'll invite mom and sis over for an early lunch and try to get some help with my refrigerator clean out. There is just far too much stuff for the two of us. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm not asked to go anywhere today....one day at home would be heavenly.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning

Natasha you look amazing! Love the new profile pic!

Sorry Ruth no carcass to send

Debbie I hope you get a day home to relax.

Stopped by John's on my way home last night for my Drive thru Thanksgiving dinner, which will be my lunch today. I did eat my pie while waiting for Sears to open last night. I ordered a rolling tool box for my son online and cheap me was not paying 70 bucks to ship it. Since I was going home to an empty house why not pick it up. In and out in 10 minutes now do not and will not go the the mall until February. Well something strange happened on the 5 minute car ride home. The tool box must have eaten a huge Thanksgiving dinner because I could not get the darn box out of the backseat of my car. I had to dismantle the box strategically remove the styrofoam packing and push that sucker out like I was delivering a baby! After 40 minutes I was successful!

My neighbor's grand kids left me some holiday goodies too. There was an adorable turkey cupcake awaiting me with a handwritten note "Dear Jennifer we made you a cupcake but you cannot eat it until after your dinner. Love, Haily and William. So cute loved it!! Enormous plate of food in fridge that would take me a week to eat!

So today is my obscene eating day, then back to SB ASAP in the morning
Old 11-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Holy Moley! It's 3:33. Where is everybody? Do you hear groaning? I bet soem folks didn't stay OP. Tut tut!
Old 11-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #5  
Lifestyle Changer

S/C/G: see sig

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Holy Moley! It's 3:33. Where is everybody? Do you hear groaning? I bet soem folks didn't stay OP. Tut tut!
I am here
Old 11-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

I'm here

Went to the gym with my mom this morning. Then ran by the hospital to get a chest xray. My doctor wants to rule out a couple of potential underlying causes for my disease. Walked on the treadmill. Now basking in the sun on my couch, reading a book. It is COLD here; the high temp today is 40 degrees lower than yesterday!
Old 11-23-2012, 05:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good evening, ladies. Hope everybody is recuperating well after yesterday. I usually take Thanksgiving off if I'm scheduled to work it, but this year I didn't. I see now why I take it off...it was a task to keep my eyes open all night long, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekel383 View Post
Natasha you look amazing! Love the new profile pic!
Thank you!!! I took that photo initially to show people my new color and highlights and it has now become what I call "my post break-up, look at what you don't have anymore" photo. LMFAO Ahh, yes, I think I neglected to let you ladies know that I ended that relationship pretty quickly, didn't I??? Yeah, he turned into a real jerk (or, should I say, the real him finally came out). I told him early on that I don't put up w/ that, so I showed him the door. Mama raised a proper Southern lady who knows better than to stick around w/ someone that doesn't show a lady proper respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Holy Moley! It's 3:33. Where is everybody? Do you hear groaning? I bet some folks didn't stay OP. Tut tut!
*raises hand* Guilty!!! I made some pumpkin parfaits that were AMAZING and they were actually almost completely SBD compliant, except for the crumbled cinnamon graham crackers on top (I ran out of time, but I had planned on making homemade whole wheat ones). Everything else was pretty much a variety of devil food. I frigging LOVE Thanksgiving, though, so I'm going to eat me a few days worth of leftovers and then hit Phase I again. Probably a bad idea...but man, oh man, do I love Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I am so not talking about food right now. Tomorrow it's back on the wagon, again! I did have a nice time at the folks and was really glad to be there to help out. My Mom injured her shoulder about 10 days ago then came down with a bug last weekend. This afternoon she as diagnosed with early pneumonia. The new friend and I did all the cooking and cleaning yesterday and I was so glad we could be there early to do it. I'm sure Mom would have tried anyway and worn herself out.

Ruth - I came home with the carcass and it's in the crockpot right now making broth. tomorrow I will split it into soup and stew base. Yum

It's been a long couple of days so I'm off to bed with a good book and some critters that missed their humans. So glad tomorrow is another day off!
Closed Thread