Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #1  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

Default im over it.

feeling defeated, that is!

ive been plateauing at 185 for quite some time. ill get down to like 183 then shoot right back up. for the past few weeks ive honestly just felt like this is it for me and ive been SO depressed.

i just sorta snapped out of it today. i read through my journal about how i was stuck at 190.7 for like 3 weeks and then lost 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks all the sudden (which is unheard of for me). i havent weighed in about a week and dont plan to weigh until next friday because the scale was making me insane. im calorie cycling for these 2 weeks.

i cant give up now! my original goal was to be 175 by NYE and im clearly not going to reach that and ive been seriously unhappy about that. you know what though? who cares. maybe i can be 179, and even if im still in the 180s at least i can be proud of the 20lbs ive lost and the fact that i havent gained weight in 5 months by then.

im back in the game ladies, i think not weighing myself constantly is helping (although i do worry how im going to feel if i have a bad weigh in after 2+ weeks). im trying not to obsess though, i CAN do this even if it takes me a couple YEARS, ill get there someday.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hang in there! I am "stuck" too... very disheartening but we CAN do this and just need to keep going
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

that's the right attitude to have! as long as you lose you will be happy.. By Jan you can make that 175
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

yep, you have a great attitude! I've been really stuck for a few months around some of the same numbers...so I completely understand the frustration!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #5  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

A number is just a number. This is about the way we feel and life, right? And yea, vanity. But I wouldn't put too much into a number. I did that and now I have 3 scales hiding in closets.

Just keep doing what you're doing and it'll be great
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Sometimes the mental shake is just what we need. I've been there, frustrated and burnt out, too. And finally something clicked and I've been clear sighted, patient, and completely on plan since. These things come and go in cycles, just hang in there through the rough times and it WILL get better.

This is why I always say if I don't quit, I can't fail. That's what I have to PREACH to myself when I am in a funk and wanting my lifestyle to be back to food liberalism - I don't want to consequences that go with the loose eating, and I know it will hurt me in the long term. So I remember my goals, remember how far I've come, and remind myself of the immovable to of my convictions that I will never, ever go back.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #7  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliastl27 View Post
feeling defeated, that is!

ive been plateauing at 185 for quite some time. ill get down to like 183 then shoot right back up. for the past few weeks ive honestly just felt like this is it for me and ive been SO depressed.

i just sorta snapped out of it today. i read through my journal about how i was stuck at 190.7 for like 3 weeks and then lost 4.5 lbs in 2 weeks all the sudden (which is unheard of for me). i havent weighed in about a week and dont plan to weigh until next friday because the scale was making me insane. im calorie cycling for these 2 weeks.

i cant give up now! my original goal was to be 175 by NYE and im clearly not going to reach that and ive been seriously unhappy about that. you know what though? who cares. maybe i can be 179, and even if im still in the 180s at least i can be proud of the 20lbs ive lost and the fact that i havent gained weight in 5 months by then.

im back in the game ladies, i think not weighing myself constantly is helping (although i do worry how im going to feel if i have a bad weigh in after 2+ weeks). im trying not to obsess though, i CAN do this even if it takes me a couple YEARS, ill get there someday.
Julia, don't get frustrated.
By changing sometimes your body will play games with yhe back and forth, it just isn'tsure it doesn't need those pounds.Maybe things will just fall as the should in a couple days.You have done very well.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #8  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

I love it

That is a great & inspiring attitude!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

julia - I know how you've been feeling - I keep getting frustrated that the whole weight loss process isn't more linear or logical and like you I tend to plateau for a bit then lose a few pounds in quick succession. I'm aiming for 175 at Christmas so almost the same mini-goal too (no idea if I can get there but it seemed worth a shot). We can do this - if we can just get out of our own way, right? Sounds like you have a renewed energy right now and a great attitude. Let's cheer each other on!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #10  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

thanks everybody!

sometimes its just hard to keep your head in the game i guess.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #11  

Goals are great! BUT- not if they push you the other direction. They are supposed to motivate and inspire, but when they don't then you need to re-think things just a little. Good luck with your new attitude! It's all about attitude.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote