South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Happenings - Nov. Not the 20th but the 21strember 20 Chat

Good morning. I've been sitting here wondering why I'm so cold and then discovered the back door is open. I guess I didn't close it properly after the potty run - not mine - the dogs! I have to keep reminding myself that it's winter.

Off to the gym with the "girls" this morning, some stuff to do around the house and then to a wreath making class at a local flower shop. I'm doing this just for fun as I certainly do know how to make a wreath - I actually made one yesterday with a wire frame and the luxurious ivy plant that went crazy this summer.

I imagine you American Beachers are looking forward to TD tomorrow. I'll be sniffing southward for whiffs of turkey. So jealous since my TD dinner way back in October was not stellar. My son's MIL cooks the turkey the day before so there is no wonderful aroma in her house.

By the way, not to worry about Cottage if she doesn't get in here. She is dealing with a death in her other family. The Girls lost their dear grandfather and Linda is being with them a lot.

So here we go with Hump Day - another sunny one here and going up to a blazing 49ºF.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Ruthie. I did want to pop in to say "hi" and catch up on the posts, although I'm heading back out to the farm very soon.
You'll have to show me how to make a wreath the proper way. I tried once, and it looked pretty lame.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Sheesh! Just mentioned you and in you popped like a genie!

Today will be hard but give those Girlies more hugs from me ... and some for yourself too, of course.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Both boys fly in today within minutes of each other (fingers crossed). I'm baking my older son's favorite M&M cookies this morning. Then I head to work. Then home for a quick snack and off to the airport. We'll do something for dinner tonight to celebrate the teen's (I can call him that until the real bday on Saturday when he turns 20!) birthday since he'll probably be off and running with friend the rest of his time at home. I'm hoping he votes for carry-out so I don't have to figure out what, if anything, I can eat at a restaurant. Must also get some cleaning done today so less to do tomorrow.

Safe journeys to anyone traveling.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL Ruth, is this a test?!? Today is the 21st...but since one of my best friend's bdays was yesterday, I'm on it today!! I would love to learn to make a wreath. Hey, weren't you coming down to Cottage's for Turkey Day?

Linda - so sorry for the girls. I lost my grandma when I was 12, it was absolutely devastating, I adored her. Hugs to their family.

I have a short day of work - then driving down to NC. I gotta say, I'm dreading the drive!! We won't have internet there, so I won't be back on until next week, so I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday!!

Oh - and my DH had his triglycerides retested - they were 430, now .... (drumroll please)...83!! I'm also extremely ecstatic that I had a cholesterol panel done as well, and my triglycerides were 46, and my cholesterol was 148!! WOO HOO, go south beach!!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-21-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am off to a morning meeting (on my day off) then back home to load the car and head to NY. My DD and her fiance are staying at the same B&B so we will get some time to catch-up over wine tomorrow night after the folks settle. I'm sure there will be wedding talk. She is starting to get a little stressed about the details.

Last night I made stuffed acorn squash to bring. The house smelled incredible. I used apples, chopped cranberries, and just a few candied ginger pieces (not SBD approved!) with sweetener and the usual pie spices. Can't wait to try it. I'm bringing three vegetable dishes and the turkey, It's the one way I know I will have things I can and want to eat My Mom is a great cook but leans toward carbs - biscuits, dressing, potatoes, pie

Ruth - Hm, now I want to make a wreath too. Off to search for directions!

Cottage - hugs to you as you help the girls through this loss. I hope you are getting some special time with your family too.

Off I go. Hope your hump day is safe and not too stressful, whatever your plans.

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-21-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good pre gobble morning girls!

Linda, I am so sorry for your loss. Sending loving thoughts and prayers to you and the girls. Ironically my cousin Steven was hit by a car and killed a few days before Thanksgiving. His sister met the same tragedy when I was 8 just two days before Christmas. I always think of them especially this time of year.

Ruth, please post a photo of your wreath. I bet it is magnification

Karen yippee both boys (sorry your babies will always be boys) are home for the holiday.

Cyndi have a wonderful time at your folks. I love the idea of staying at a BB. Kudos on the cooking

Tammy, awesome news on hubbies triglycerides and your too! Have a great time in NC. Cannot wait to hear about it when you return

A little blue as it does not feel like a holiday. Sadly no one planned a holiday dinner at work either. Truthfully I am a little disappointed in some of my co workers selfish attitudes and did not want to extend myself. I won't go in to details, but a few really showed their true colors and they are not pretty! Joey will be spending all of the holidays with his dad this year. Normally this weekend I decorate the house and yard. This year I am going to keep it simple. Holidays are a little rough for me since my parents are far and I always hosted the inlaws and kids. I guess I miss traditional holiday family time. I keep trying to find a new tradition, maybe one day I will.

Oh well at least I don't have an apple pie to devour so that is a good thing. Time to get motivated. Tree guy coming at 10. I am sure this will be traumatic for the dogs. Oh if only they could drink wine lol

Enjoy your day
Old 11-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thinking of you, the girls and their extended family today.

Twynn, yay for you and DH!

Karen, nice that both boys are coming in!

Ruth, yes, would love to see your wreath!

Jennifer, wish you were closer you could certainly join us!

Cyndi, your squash sounds wonderful! I have an acorn sitting on my counter.

Off to get a few chores done before we head to Denver. Tonight is our Vegan Thanksgiving w/mom and sis. Tomorrow we'll have leftovers to take to Kirks family get together since most of their food is not on our agenda. Sis wants to take bikes down today....we'll see.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

Sheesh! I did it again with the wrong date. Must be all the beans giving me brain farts! Sorry!
Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

My oldest son's first flight was cancelled. I think it has to do with weather in Chicago, where he was changing planes. They've rebooked him so now he gets in at 11:24 tonight. He's grouchy but I keep telling him he is fortunate to have gotten seats and be getting home the same day. Meanwhile, his cookies are baked and wrapped, half in the freezer for his return to PA. I'm off to shower, then work.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I am SO confused by the title, LOL Okay, now that I've said that...off to read the posts. :24:
Old 11-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #12  

Good afternoon, ladies. I am SO looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow. I'm not even going to lie...I'm going to be a total fat kid and disregard any and all South Beach rules and regulations, LOL There is nothing that can overpower the pull of my mom's cornbread dressing. Nomz!!!

Ruth - Waking up to the smell of turkey and dressing is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. We're doing Thanksgiving at my older brother's house, but my mom still cooked a turkey last night and the dressing tonight for the house b/c we wanted leftovers of our own. Plus my SIL uses Stove Top stuffing. Blech!!!

cottagebythesea - So sorry for your loss. *hugs*

WaistingTime - Sorry to hear your one son's flight got delayed...that's poopy. BUT you have the right frame of mind...still loads to be thankful for and, although he may not be there as early as he wanted, at least he still gets to be there.

Twynn - Have a great Thanksgiving and a safe drive!!! And way to go to you and your hubby both. That is AWESOME!!!

Cyndi - Sounds like you have a nice visit planned. And OMG, your acorn squash sounds AMAZING!!!

jekel - I'm so sorry to hear that you're not going to have a decent holiday dinner. If I were in Massachusetts already, I'd totally invite you to whatever I had planned!!! I hate to see anybody not get to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner w/ family and friends...it's steadily become my absolute FAVORITE holiday in my adult life. I usually end up taking a plate to at least one or two friends every year. Last year it was my friend, Jimmy, and his wife b/c they were in the hospital having their son. Year before it was my friend, Alan, who was working at the fire station alone that night. My shift will also be cooking at work this year and a local BBQ joint donated a turkey breast and a ham to our shift.

Lexxiss - Enjoy your Vegan Thanksgiving tonight!!!

Tonight is day 6 of at least 7 in a row working. Again, not complaining. I did get someone to cover my Saturday shift for me just in case I get called in, though. My extended family is having Thanksgiving dinner that day and my cousin, Connie, is coming down from Atlanta for it. It's the first time in YEARS that she's actually attended any family function, so I'm super excited about that. She's put me up several times when I've come to Atlanta, so she'll be staying at my house this time. We're having lunch w/ my bestfriend Saturday at noon, also, so that Connie can meet Miss Sophie Kaye who is 2 1/2 months old. I'm super excited!!! Seriously, I can't even begin to tell you guys how much I love Thanksgiving, LOL

When I get home from work this morning I have to assemble my pumpkin parfaits. I made up the pudding/pumpkin mixture and the cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture separately last night but wanted to make sure the pudding/pumpkin mixture wouldn't separate as it sat in the fridge. It'd be a shame to have made up such pretty parfaits only to have them separate into an oily mess. I'll check it on my lunchbreak to see how it's doing and then decide from there when to make them up. They'll be layered and then topped w/ a dollop of Cool Whip and crushed cinnamon graham crackers (I know, not SBD friendly, LOL).
Old 11-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #13  

Holy long post, Batman!!! And I even forgot to say that I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Closed Thread