Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #1  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

Default While I'm getting smaller..

my calves have decided to bunker down and stay the same. It's as if they've decided to never fit into cute boots and make my jeans look weird.

Please tell me they'll give up their war eventually and get smaller with the rest of me!
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Eventually something has to give, and they will shrink. Unless you have some insanely huge calf muscles, but unless you are a serious weightlifter I doubt that is the case.

They were one of the first things to go for me and now I look silly with tiny calves and big thighs :P haha.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #3  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I'll trade you your bulky calves for my giant arms

You'll even out eventually. I'm losing weight from places I don't really care about while my stomach and thighs refuse to budge. I don't care if I can see my collar bone, I want to see my girly bits when I look down!!!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #4  
Fear does not = fate

I'm with you, Radiojane! And I asked a dr. about the loose skin, and he basically said anyone under 35 has a good chance of not getting much if they do toning exercises.

So, while my calves are on weight loss strike, I'll be doing pilates.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #5  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

I need to amp up my weight lifting. There seems to be quite a bit of saggy skin on my arms but I'm past the point of getting worked up about it. I'll do the best I can and deal.

My calves never fit into knee boots...even before I put on all of my weight. I would buy them anyway and just not zip them all the way up. Although now I hear that you get take them to a cobbler and get calf extenders put in? Might be worth looking into.

I'm losing weight from my mid section but the rest of me seems to be going down a lot more slowly. Hopefully it will all even out in the end.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #6  
Fear does not = fate

There's also something called a bootband, it's bootband.com. It's made with zippers so you can detach and attach them to different sets of boots. That's what I've been doing. But I long for the day when I don't have to do that!

I'm just hoping I can actually wear a bikini one day and look good in it. I've -never- been pretty and would like to be, just once.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM   #7  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I felt the same way!!! My calves didn't budge for quite a long while! I will look at my measurement charts when I get home, but I wanna say like a good 30 pounds before even a quarter of an inch.

And what do you mean you've never been pretty. If that's you in your avatar, you ARE pretty, right now! If you mean thin, I can understand. But thin does not mean pretty just like overweight does not mean not-pretty.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #8  

My weight is normal and I can't buy most boots sold. Yep, I have big calves. You have a good shot at yours getting smaller. Just be patient.
kelleyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

My calves are still big for my size. All those years of carrying around 300+ pounds built some big muscles in my calves!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #10  
Designing my new physique

S/C/G: 316

Height: 5'7.5

mine only recently changed so they would zip nice w/ the jeans inside. What fitness are you currently doing? I'm asking because somethings like walking or climbing might bulk them up, as in muscle. You might want light impact fitness when involving your legs. I'm surethere's someone on here that knows morethan I. Iam sure you'll get the desired look though. Just persevere.
avalonmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Ha--your calves should have a conversation with my fat little belly! It's STILL mocking me!
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #12  
Fear does not = fate

thanks guys. I guess I'm still in the mindset of "I want it now!" when I have to realize this is a slow process.

I should just buy some boots and wait it out
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #13  
Fear does not = fate

And thanks, LockItUp, but thin does = pretty to me. I think it does for almost everyone deep down and it's been hard to change my view on that. And yea, that's me in my avatar. Geeky glasses and all

Instead of walking so much, I've been concentrating on yoga, pilates and general calisthenics. But I do still walk for 30-45 minutes every day
Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp View Post
I felt the same way!!! My calves didn't budge for quite a long while! I will look at my measurement charts when I get home, but I wanna say like a good 30 pounds before even a quarter of an inch.
Agreed, me too. I know that doesn't make sense from my current stats, but this is my 3rd attempt at weight loss, and the 0.25 inch happened the 2nd time when I got down to 154 pounds.

I actually asked my doctor to look at my calves because I was so confused/worried about why they weren't shrinking. She kept a straight face and palpated them and then said "well, they are structurally normal so there's no reason why they won't get smaller" LOL!!!!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #15  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

they definitely will shrink, but.. we all need to keep in mind that our bodies may NEVER be perfect. i have chubby arms, even when i was a size 2 they were proportionally bigger than they shouldve been, albeit they were very thin. if id lost weight then, theyd get thinner eventually, but the rest of me would also be getting smaller.

im not trying to rain on anyones parade, im just saying that very few of us will ever look like models and be perfectly thin AND proportionate. we should learn to love what we have and be proud of all the work we've done.

i hope that came out right
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote