Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 AM   #1  

Default IP - Day 3.... Question...

I am doing OK so far... The Missus and I are trying to get into a routine..

It does seem like a struggle to eat ALL the meals and the food...

Around 8:00a I have breakfast.. A packet and supplements...and water...
I am really not hungry around normal lunch time... But I eat anyway...which makes me feel even fuller for dinner... Never mind the snack...

Today we went to the Patriots game...(Pats barely beat the Bills..phew!)

At 8:30 I had my breakfast packet (pineapple and banana?).. Yuck..struggled to get that down....weird flavor.

We got to the stadium around 10:30 and figured we needed to find a place to eat before game time at 1:00p...so we went to SkipJacks and had our Dinner.... Swordfish, spinach, and salad for me.. halibut for the Missus. (Why did she pick that fish? Just for the Halibut)

After that meal I was completely full until we got home after the Pats won..
But then. Around 6:30p. I still needed to eat my "lunch" and my "snack"
So, I had a big salad lettuce with cukes and celery and the chicken soup packet.. Yumm... Liked that

I was very full for a couple more hours and then said, this is crazy..need to finally have my snack at 9:30p..(chocolate malted milk balls?? Yummy

I can't wait to feel energetic..at the moment, I am a lethargic, over full mess

Btw... What is the story with bacon? Some came on the lunch salad....

Thanks for listening....

- eagerly awaiting my transformation... DoverLot
Doverlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Go Pats! Hope you guys had fun at the game I haven't been to the Skipjacks at Pat Place but it's on my list!

Most people have an issue with hunger in the first week, so it's interesting you have the opposite problem! If the food you are eating is too much for you to handle, don't forget that lettuce is an OPTION, not a requirement - you may do fine with just the 4 cups of veggies, protein and packets with no need for extras.

You're only 3 days in, it will take a little time for you to get in a groove with it - I had to be super regimented for the first 3 weeks before I really felt like I was in a solid routine. Hang in there!

As far as bacon, it's a bit too fatty to be used on IP - some folks use Turkey bacon sparingly but as a general rule it should be avoided.

Good luck!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

correct....not on the sheet its a no no!!...try to follow the sheet as much as possible before adding anything into it (extras) you will have better results if you stick to the sheet!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #4  

Oops.... Bacon. Hopefully my only transgression.

Thank you both.
Beginning day 4.
Doverlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 236/236/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doverlot View Post
Oops.... Bacon. Hopefully my only transgression.

Thank you both.
Beginning day 4.
Hi Doverlot,

I made the same mistake. I turned out OK though. Best of luck!
DakotaClyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/175/139

Height: 5'6

I am having a really hard time eating the 2 cups of veggies at lunch and 2 cups of veggies at dinner, I am so full that i can hardly stomach them. I know that you have to eat the 2 cups at each meal, but would it be ok if i ate the total 4 cups throughout the day. I have never been one to eat only three meals and a snack. usually when i eat, i dont eat very much, but i eat ALL through the day. so, will i be ok if i dont eat the 2 cups at each sitting, but eat the entire 4 through the day?
carissal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #7  

GEAUX PATS!!! congrats on making it through day 3! I can tell you that week 1 was tough, for me week 2 was also but not of most people. By week 3 I had more energy than I knew what to do with! stick with it though and you will be so happy with the results! AND keep coming here for support! also go to the Pats games and make them win!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #8  
8isenough

S/C/G: 179/169/160

Height: 5'10

Totally agree- I'm at day 7 and am flying around the house like some kind of crazy woman. Days 4-5 sucked and I was exhausted and crabby. I have no hunger anymore and my coach said not to force the veggies if its going to turn me off of this. This morning I had the herb cheese omelet with sautéed zuc and broc- omg soooo yummy and easy to get the veggies in. Also try roasting your veg with Oo and salt at 350 for 15 mins and throw them in your soup- yum!
8isenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #9  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissal View Post
I am having a really hard time eating the 2 cups of veggies at lunch and 2 cups of veggies at dinner, I am so full that i can hardly stomach them. I know that you have to eat the 2 cups at each meal, but would it be ok if i ate the total 4 cups throughout the day. I have never been one to eat only three meals and a snack. usually when i eat, i dont eat very much, but i eat ALL through the day. so, will i be ok if i dont eat the 2 cups at each sitting, but eat the entire 4 through the day?
You can absolutely spread those 4 cups of veggies out through the day. As long as you get all 4 cups in every day you're good, however you decide to split it up.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote