Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default My Holiday thoughts....

Some of you know me, some of you don't so I will introduce myself....

We have a lot of you who are just starting the program, some are having doubts about the program and others are just BLAH and struggling so I wanted to give a little advice to everyone for the holidays to think about....

Hello, my name is Lisa Corner, I am from Biloxi, Mississippi originally from Louisiana so I know all about good food. I have been on Ideal Protein since April 29, 2011 (78 weeks) I have a total loss of 201lbs and over 100+ inches. I went from 408lbs to as of 11/9/12, 208lbs. When I first started the program I was in a 5x Men’s shirt, 36 pant and bra size 56DD. I am now in an xl women’s shirt, size 16 pant and a 38C bra. This is the kind of results you see if you stay 100% compliant to the program. Over the last 78 weeks I have been TOTALLY 100% on program.

I have not a taste, lick, sip or nibble of ANYTHING not on protocol. With that being said, with the holiday coming some of you are probably thinking, “I am going to cheat” or “I can’t be on a diet during the holidays”. I am here to tell you YES you can be. I went through the holidays last year without cheating. My way of thinking was this….for the last 40+ years we eat the same food every year. I know what it all taste like and you know what? It will be there next year when I reach my goal. Nothing will get me to cheat. Guess what??...this year I am almost at my goal, I am 9 lbs away from 199lbs! Am I going to cheat?...nope…not a chance!! It will ALL be there next year!

Best advice is to stay on program, eat your protein for lunch and your lunch at dinner. This is what my Thanksgiving will consist of….

Turkey, green beans with turnips, coleslaw, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower dressing. I had my snack after lunch as my dessert (chocolate pudding). This is what I had last year and will have again this year. It is possible to stay on program.

With the holidays not only does food come to mind but also drinking. Don’t do it!! Have water with lemon or lime, holiday teas; add flavors to water to make them look like a holiday drink. Mio has berry pomegranate that looks like a wine, you would be the ONLY one that knew that you weren’t drinking. So hold your head up with pride and be proud for staying on program. You will feel so much better about yourself if you do. Yes, people will say “just one bite won’t hurt” or “it’s the holiday’s c’mon cheat” be strong and say NO thanks, I am good with a smile.

We all know that everything revolves around food but what are the holidays really about? It’s about spending time with family and friends, celebrating each other. So think about it this year, celebrate how far you have come with your journey. You are a healthier, happier YOU.

If any of you want to see more about me I have a facebook page called CornerYourInnerBeautyWeightLossJourney. I have pictures of my Journey there. I hope all of you have a happy holiday, stay safe and on program.

Your fellow IP dieter,
Lisa Corner
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #2  
IP Start: 8/15/12

S/C/G: 286/217/158

Height: 5'6"

Great post! I will be 100% through the holidays, and would LOVE your cauliflower dressing recipe :-)
stargirl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #3  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Great message Wuv; thank you. I commend you on your success and also for helping so very many of us here! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

When I did the program 2 holiday seasons ago....I went through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years 100% on plan. It was so worth it as I was able to phase off in February and be at goal for my cruise. (but when I returned from the cruise I went back on plan and decided to go reset my goal to lower)

I had plenty of times before that when I endulged and I enjoyed last holiday season in moderation while in maintenance and I hope to enjoy this holiday season with moderation in maintenance.

YOur 78 weeks is AMAZING!
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #5  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Great post Wuv! You are such a inspiration and free coach to all of us!
Beck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Yes Wuv, you are quite the inspiration. I plan on going through the holidays completely OP. I will certinaly use your suggestions for the T-giving day meal! That's great!
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #7  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I can emphatically endorse what Wuv is saying! DON'T CHEAT!! I can say this from my own personal experience. I started IP on 8/16/12 and here in Canada we had our Thanksgiving the second weekend in October. Up until that point I had not cheated, and I did not intend to cheat during the holidays. Well after a few "it's the holidays go ahead" conversations I cheated. I ate a tiny sliver of pumpkin pie that my sister made that was "healthy" (made with stevia and only half of what the recipe called for and whipping cream) I didn't even eat the crust. This was THE WORST mistake I have made on this program. It was like starting an avalanche! By the end of the day I had had another sliver of pie (filling only) and then I ate a cupcake my niece made. Since that day I have not been able to maintain being 100% OP for more than a couple of days at a time. I did not expect this after being completely OP for about 8 weeks and never once wanting to cheat. For anyone considering cheating on the holidays, do yourself a favour, stay 100% OP and then you won't have to worry about it, and you can be proud of yourself for sticking with it...I wish I had!
Bella73123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #8  

Thanks for the personal experience Bella. Being prepared is another key I forgot to mention in my post. Preparing yourself mentally and emotionally is a big factor. But as she said, once you take a "sliver" it goes down hill from there...Stay strong and thank you everyone for responding
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

I was planning on staying compliant through Thanksgiving, we do a brunch with my MIL where I can just have eggs and meats. Thanksgiving dinner will be just the hubby and me, so I'm not at all worried.

I am a bit worried about New Year's, my husband and I will be going to Vegas for 9 days. We LOVE it there...but it will be extremely difficult not to drink. I will certainly need all of your encouragement at that time.
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresa View Post
I was planning on staying compliant through Thanksgiving, we do a brunch with my MIL where I can just have eggs and meats. Thanksgiving dinner will be just the hubby and me, so I'm not at all worried.

I am a bit worried about New Year's, my husband and I will be going to Vegas for 9 days. We LOVE it there...but it will be extremely difficult not to drink. I will certainly need all of your encouragement at that time.
well I have a question for you....are you going there to spend time with your hubby or to drink? My guess would be to spend time with the hubby, and if he is supportive of you, then he won't ask....just sayin..... I guess I have learned through my journey to say no quiet easy now.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:52 PM   #11  

Great post, as always WUV!
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #12  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

great post wuv....happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Some of you know me, some of you don't so I will introduce myself....

We have a lot of you who are just starting the program, some are having doubts about the program and others are just BLAH and struggling so I wanted to give a little advice to everyone for the holidays to think about....

Hello, my name is Lisa Corner, I am from Biloxi, Mississippi originally from Louisiana so I know all about good food. I have been on Ideal Protein since April 29, 2011 (78 weeks) I have a total loss of 201lbs and over 100+ inches. I went from 408lbs to as of 11/9/12, 208lbs. When I first started the program I was in a 5x Men’s shirt, 36 pant and bra size 56DD. I am now in an xl women’s shirt, size 16 pant and a 38C bra. This is the kind of results you see if you stay 100% compliant to the program. Over the last 78 weeks I have been TOTALLY 100% on program.

I have not a taste, lick, sip or nibble of ANYTHING not on protocol. With that being said, with the holiday coming some of you are probably thinking, “I am going to cheat” or “I can’t be on a diet during the holidays”. I am here to tell you YES you can be. I went through the holidays last year without cheating. My way of thinking was this….for the last 40+ years we eat the same food every year. I know what it all taste like and you know what? It will be there next year when I reach my goal. Nothing will get me to cheat. Guess what??...this year I am almost at my goal, I am 9 lbs away from 199lbs! Am I going to cheat?...nope…not a chance!! It will ALL be there next year!

Best advice is to stay on program, eat your protein for lunch and your lunch at dinner. This is what my Thanksgiving will consist of….

Turkey, green beans with turnips, coleslaw, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower dressing. I had my snack after lunch as my dessert (chocolate pudding). This is what I had last year and will have again this year. It is possible to stay on program.

With the holidays not only does food come to mind but also drinking. Don’t do it!! Have water with lemon or lime, holiday teas; add flavors to water to make them look like a holiday drink. Mio has berry pomegranate that looks like a wine, you would be the ONLY one that knew that you weren’t drinking. So hold your head up with pride and be proud for staying on program. You will feel so much better about yourself if you do. Yes, people will say “just one bite won’t hurt” or “it’s the holiday’s c’mon cheat” be strong and say NO thanks, I am good with a smile.

We all know that everything revolves around food but what are the holidays really about? It’s about spending time with family and friends, celebrating each other. So think about it this year, celebrate how far you have come with your journey. You are a healthier, happier YOU.

If any of you want to see more about me I have a facebook page called CornerYourInnerBeautyWeightLossJourney. I have pictures of my Journey there. I hope all of you have a happy holiday, stay safe and on program.

Your fellow IP dieter,
Lisa Corner
Oh wuv, this is what I needed to hear, I'm staying 100%, thank you!
Yesmyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 203/188/153

Height: "5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
well I have a question for you....are you going there to spend time with your hubby or to drink? My guess would be to spend time with the hubby, and if he is supportive of you, then he won't ask....just sayin..... I guess I have learned through my journey to say no quiet easy now.
My hubby is super supportive, he doesn't care if I drink or not. The problem is part of the vacay is us both playing in the World Series of Beer Pong in Vegas. We can play with water in the cups, but almost everyone around us will be drinking.

I just have to decide how to best prepare myself for success.
Dresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:03 PM   #15  

I cannot wait for 8oz of Turkey! potato puree and green bean casserole a la IP! Sounds like a WONDERFUL thanksgiving for me. I will be giving thanks for so many things and this year I have added IP and the wonderfully supportive people that I have met on 3FC!! Yes, the food is great but I can taste next year. I can give thanks every year!
maezy1 is offline   Reply With Quote