Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 07:34 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default tips and secrets

so, here's the question. what are some of the things you tried during the first three months after surgery that have worked? things like: certain foods, or routines, or whatever.

and here's why i'm asking: i've talked to several early postops who are having problems. and they're certainly trying their best, but they're either too afraid to try things or they think that eating foods other than protein will soothe their poor surgeried tummies.

NOTHIING will soothe those tummies right after surgery [there's tip and secret number 1!!!!]. your stomach has been cut and is healing. it'll take time. so, eating mac and cheese instead of thinly sliced deli turkey won't help it. but the turkey will give your poor tummy the protein it needs to heal. the mac and cheese won't.

lentil soup [with some cheese melted into it], deviled eggs, chili, anything pounded thin all worked well for me. and still do, when i'm having a bad day.

things that didn't work: chicken breast, scrambled eggs, raw white onions [so that if i added a little to some tuna, i was running for the bathroom!]

so, what else is there, folks? i'm sure everyone has something good... and something to watch out for...
Old 04-23-2003, 07:07 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Jiff I think this is a wonderful idea.........but, you know I can't help
AT ALL with the first 3 months For those who don't know, my first 3 months were spent in the hospital.

GREAT IDEA!! I hope that some of the longer term post-ops that lurk and don't post will come out and post to help the new post-ops.
Old 04-23-2003, 03:02 PM   #3  

Thanks for the ideas, Jiff! Now I know what to avoid ahead of time at all costs before having the surgery done!

124 days to go until my consultation appointment!
Closed Thread