South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Beach Chat for 11/1

Cheers to a brand new day in a brand new month!

Last night was a lot of fun, and we had a goodly number of trick or treaters, even though it was windy and freezing outside! I love seeing all the creative costumes; some people really put a lot of thought into them! I must confess that I did cave in to a miniature peppermint patty, but otherwise I was able to resist digging into the treats.

I'll be at Susie's all morning and afterwards have to get groceries for Cindy and should get home and get everything put away before picking up the girls from school and taking them into town to help set up for their art show, which is tomorrow evening. So it looks like it will be a late night tonight.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Cottage and all who follows! If you confessed to a peppermint patty, then I can confess to a mini butterfinger . My DS hates them, so I used that as his halloween tax . I would bet we didn't have a lot of kids, but the bowl was empty...so I can't eat what's not there!

Today is a long day of work, although I don't think my schedule is full. UGH - that means it goes so slow!! There's always stuff to do, so I'm sure I'll keep out of trouble.

DH started his new job yesterday, so far so good.... (except the guy that works under him has his last day next month...anyone want to apply?!?)
Old 11-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

I'm back to working out with my mom and our trainer today for the first time since my mom's knee replacement surgery! She's recovering very well.

Not much else going on here. Have a great day.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Recovering from the Halloween visitors - over 30 - and cleaning up the leftovers. I am throwing them out because too many got sampled yesterday. The scale was definitely NOT kind to me this morning! I am amazed at the number of children who came out on a wet and cold night and was pleased to see so many parents riding shotgun.

Linda, sounds like you have a full day. Is today still your Friday or are you working tomorrow?

Tammy, I was sorry my bowl was not completely empty as there are some things I just cannot resist if I have them around. I am so happy today is trash day! Too bad your DH will have a staffing change so soon.

Waisting Time, nice that you can go to the gym with your Mom. My gym buddies have let me down this week and I've used it as part of my excuse not to go. Sounds like your mother is making a good recovery from her knee replacement.

Off to the doc this morning for bloodwork results and to talk about what's wrong with my knees. The "fixed" one is certainly giving me grief - can you get arthritis in an artificial knee? Aleve is my best friend lately. I suspect he'll send me for X-rays in case there is a screw loose. (They may do my head too.)

Time to lug out the trash a.k.a. Halloween remains and get on with the day. I did a beef stew in the crockpot overnight and need to pick up some veggies to throw into it later. I might just add mushrooms and green beans and serve it over mashed cauliflower when Heather and the kids come for supper tonight.

Happy All Saints Day and try to be saintly today - especially if you indulged yesterday as I did. In the meantime
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I am working part of the day tomorrow. I have to pick up the kids after school and feed them an early supper before the art show. Afterwards, I'll be staying with them until C & R get home. They'll be at a fundraiser for the Barnes Foundation and I really don't expect they'll be home until late. Maybe I should plan to spend the night there, since I dread driving home in the dark late at night.

Tammy, would you believe Butterfingers are Jake's favorites? I think he ate 2 of them last night, before we all jumped all over him for it. I hope your day is interesting enough to make it go fast at work!
Old 11-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

We didn't have too many kids go trick or treating and DD2 got alot of candy herself when we went out, so we have a ton of candy laying around.

My solution was to start Phase 1 today, so I cannot have then as last night was not so good at all. The plan is to stay on track until Thanksgiving Day an we will be in New York so we will be eating out so should not be too big of a deal.

Okay got to run to a meeting have a great day everyone.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I've been dealing with some uncomfortable paperwork for a transaction for my moms/my company. I woke up early stewing about it....Just about to send the email off.

I had to walk over to my moms to show her a draft of the letter and get approval...also p/u my vehicle from her driveway since it got paintballed last Hallo out on the street. There's a tootsie roll and red licorice on my front sidewalk and empty wrappers all the way down the block. We just turned out the lights this year and will spend the "candy" money on a healthy lunch today down in Denver....if we get there.

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

My internet has been out since yesterday morning. I finally have it working with but not the way it should. Hope you all survived the candy season
Old 11-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 159/159/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hello all!

Lots of people are still without power here so our school won't reopen till Monday. My son came home from college till Sunday so I've had a house full of kids. Was very proud of myself tonight. Hubby and I went to our favorite pizza place for dinner and I got a chef's salad! Pizza is my downfall so that was a big show of willpower. Bought myself some cauliflower to make cauliflower pizza crust over the weekend. So far I'm not missing breads but I do get a sweet craving now and then. Tomorrow is our 21st anniversary so I'll be steering hubby towards a restaurant that has MANY salad options. LOL!

Have a great evening!

Tracy
Closed Thread