Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #1  

Default Modified IP Version?

If I'm posting in the wrong place, I apologize! Anybody just putting together their own version of the IP Diet? I read a post on here somewhere about someone doing this. I'm following a lot of her suggestions. Don't have the money to go on the actual IP Diet and buy all their stuff. Today is only day 1 for me. Feeling real hungry, but I guess that's to be expected. Think I'm going to do my actual meal at lunch today and have my protein drink tonight. I'm enjoying reading all of your posts and picking up tips. Have a great day everybody!
Reba1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

Check out the alternatives thread for the cheaper versions of the IP products
I'm in my phone so I can't give the link but it should be within the first few pages of this forum
southern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:08 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

You should always ALWAYS consult with your doctor first before doing any PSMF type of diet. Assuming you've done that ...

Read the alternatives thread.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I have been using the EAS AdvantEDGE shakes instead of the IP packets. I can say that after 3 weeks I am beginning to get sick of them...Strawberry is hard to choke down as is Vanilla. Chocolate (both kinds I have found) are still palatable but a bit boring! The variety available in the packets would be helpful but are outside of what I am willing to pay.
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Many of us follow the IP protocol as written, but use less expensive "alternative" products instead of the IP packets. We aren't necessarily putting together our own "Versions" - we follow the IP sheets, and use the IP guidelines for what is a restricted item and what is unrestricted based on the number of net carbs in the product. But definitely check out the Alt threads, lots of great info there on what and where to buy!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

As a followup on the shakes...I tried the chocolate one heated in the microwave...quite palatable and tasted like hot chocolate...perfect for the season and the ice box of an office I work in.
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
I have been using the EAS AdvantEDGE shakes instead of the IP packets. I can say that after 3 weeks I am beginning to get sick of them...Strawberry is hard to choke down as is Vanilla. Chocolate (both kinds I have found) are still palatable but a bit boring! The variety available in the packets would be helpful but are outside of what I am willing to pay.
Have you tried venturing into some of the other alternative products? Proti Diet and Weight Loss Systems make a huge variety of foods just like IP products!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #8  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba1950 View Post
If I'm posting in the wrong place, I apologize! Anybody just putting together their own version of the IP Diet? I read a post on here somewhere about someone doing this. I'm following a lot of her suggestions. Don't have the money to go on the actual IP Diet and buy all their stuff. Today is only day 1 for me. Feeling real hungry, but I guess that's to be expected. Think I'm going to do my actual meal at lunch today and have my protein drink tonight. I'm enjoying reading all of your posts and picking up tips. Have a great day everybody!
Reba, you may find my blog http://diettalktoday.com helpful. It's designed to help those who want to follow the general IP protocol, but use alternative products. I switched to alternative products early in my program.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

So, I'm posting for 2 reasons.. 1. my name is Reba, not many of us around! 2nd.. I agree with everyone about trying the alternative products but sticking to the IP protocol. I've been phasing out IP packets for about a month and will soon be completely IP alternative. Some things I like better than IP, some not quite as much, but all do what they're supposed to do..make me a healthier weight! Good luck!
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote