Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Default I just can't wait untill.......

in talking with my family this past weekend, we were discussing how we need to improve our health, live longer, avoid diabetes yadda yadda yadda. all of this is very true and very important..but in talkin with my girlfriend on the way home she was like to heck with all that. the healthier life goal is a given. she has a totally different set of goals to motivate her to lose weight. her first one was so she could wear knee high boots. her legs were too big for them at first. she met that goal. her next three goals were equally frivolous. (she kinda got me with the new blond hair) she most recently met the next goal (a short skirt with lace ups up the front to go with the boots). all of her goals were non-health related, but she met each one through improved eating habits (for the most part) and exercise. what are some of your frivolous fitness goals? they help to break up the monotony of being OP all the time. and they are so FUNNY. My first one was to be able to wear a belt. then it was to be able to wear my shirts tucked in. My next one is the tattoo ;-) but if i chicken out (i will) then it is to wear a racer back tank top at the gym, and have biceps and triceps to go with it.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:37 PM   #2  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Ooo ooo! I can get into this!

I want to pierce my belly button and be able to wear a shirt that shows it off. I'm a skank, what can I say!
Old 04-22-2003, 02:55 PM   #3  

hmm

I cant wait until I can wear a shorter than knee length skirt and not look ridiculous.

I have really big thighs so Im betting it wont ALL go away (I can see/feel muscle there already...) but just so long as I dont look like I got squashed by something and am actually like 10" taller...

I want to be able to wear a size L from Lip Service clothing. Their XL stuff is hard to find but there are plenty of Larges to go around hehe

Tidey
Old 04-22-2003, 03:00 PM   #4  

LOL! you are not a skank. a lot of hotties, oops i mean, women wear belly rings ;-)
Old 04-22-2003, 03:08 PM   #5  

OOOh, I like this. Nothing exotic for me....just want to be able to put my t-shirt inside my size 10 hottie shorts without having to walk around all day with my stomach pulled in. A waistline would be major plus.

Jessica, you are not a skank. I have thought about piercing my navel, but the pain keeps me away. But, you go girl.

Sel

Last edited by Trinidad; 04-22-2003 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:00 PM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

I can't wait to loose 2 #...
Old 04-22-2003, 08:11 PM   #7  
Mel

ditto
Old 04-22-2003, 08:38 PM   #8  
Meg

OK, ladies, I propose "The Two Pound Challenge." We can fight those nasty 32 ounces with all our might and -- who knows? -- in a month or two, we may just be victorious!!!

Meg (who also is frustrated by the scale's inability to move)
Old 04-22-2003, 11:58 PM   #9  

All I want is a 6 pack...

Did anyone see Marla Runyon's 6 pack when she was running in the Boston Marathon? ooh, the envy...
Old 04-23-2003, 02:35 AM   #10  

i can't wait to be able to take some of my daughters clothes from them !!

oh, and to be able to shop for inexpensive clothes anywhere in tel aviv

adriana, "knowing" that the day will come !!!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:30 AM   #11  

I want to control food!!!! And I don't mean the anorexic way of avoidance
I want some(not too much ) muscle to show off in sleeveless tops.

Okay, how about, I want to build some muscle to raise my metabolic rate so that I won't be so timorous of food?

I want to look really good by my mid-September 18th birthday so that if my friends do insist on my going clubbing, I'll actually look good in the gear-> talk about frivolity
Old 04-23-2003, 08:25 AM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

You're on Meg....
I can't weigh myself now, it's too late in the morning...
But I will first thing in the morning tomorrow
Old 04-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #13  

okay last year on my birthday i put on this great top. it was sleeveless, knit, with straps that went up and across the back. i looked in the mirror and was like, "i am too dern big for this kind of shirt." however, after 3 drinks I thought i was beautiful and I actually wore the shirt out in public. I cant WAIT until my birthday THIS year, cause i am gonna wear that top AND look good withOUT being inebriated!

Last edited by tikanique; 04-23-2003 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 07:55 AM   #14  
ebe
noob

Quote:
Originally posted by Goddess Jessica
Ooo ooo! I can get into this!

I want to pierce my belly button and be able to wear a shirt that shows it off. I'm a skank, what can I say!
hey this was my goal! look i did it too...

i'll just leave this pic up for a bit so as not to hog bandwidth....

but my next goal is for my thighs not goosh together when i walk.....looks so grossssssssssssssss....i'd like to wear shorts to the gym and not get a burn from them rubbing together.
Old 05-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #15  
Banned

Frivolous fitness goals...

I want to feel comfortable wearing halter tops again-preferably before I completely lose my boobs!

I want to lose half my body weight. That means weighing 141 lbs.

Weighing 140 lbs. will earn me $1000 for a new wardrobe from DB and SIL.

To look good in shorts again. This year I don't feel comfortable in them, and for the first time, I am niot wearing them much in public. Too much skin. Need to inherit a fortune or win a lottery so I can get it removed. Thinking of putting theat $1000 towards this instead of clothes...assuming I eventually get to 140.
Closed Thread