Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Default Running Game + C25K alternative

https://www.zombiesrungame.com/

I'm going to start by saying I haven't tried the training one out yet because I do not have an iTouch or iPhone and the android version is not out yet

I did buy the game for my phone and will be trying it out at my next workout but IDK how well it will work on the elliptical since I can't really run... (which is why i want the training one)

I thought others may find it fun
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 172/165/132

Height: 5'8"

I've had the original Zombies, run! for months and really love it. I'm not going to try the c25k one because I'm sort of past that stage. It should be great for beginners though. However, even if you're not an experienced runner I imagine you could run outside with the game as well. You could set up your own C25K scheme where you run for one minute then walk for two, or whatever, and go from there. And switch off zombie chases so that you can do it at your own pace!
I think it's pretty good because it distracts you from the effort and pain.

Anyway, it's also a LOT of fun to do.

Of course you can use it on the elliptical, or basically any other equipment, but you do miss out on some of the very cool functions without the GPS tracking - zombie chases for one, but also just the fact that you get a map of your run afterwards and can see how much your choice of music, zombie chases etc. affect your pace.
runthecontinent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

I played it on the the elliptical last night and did the first mission. It was fun I see what you mean about the stuff I miss out on but it is still so muggy and hot here in south texas that IDK if I am up for running outside until it cools off a bit more. Especially with the mosquitoes lol.
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote