Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #1  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

Default Help! Obsessing

Okay- so I have been really good for the past couple of days.

This is what usually happens- and it's happening right now.

When I am really good for a few days, I get hungry. like, HUNGRY. for anybody with binge issues, i get THE HUNGER. you know what I mean?

As we all know- you have to have that...flat feeling in your tummy to be loosing- i mean, sorry if this isn't very descriptive, but you know- when you eat well, and your stomach isn't bloated, you're at a deficit - so towards bed time, there's like...an "Edge" of your body letting go of the fat? lol.

Well, here's the issue as i've noticed it. When i do really well for a while, i get this hunger, it leads in 2 things. 1. white knuckling through, and going on a binge the next day, or 2. going on an immediate binge.

i have had my 3 meals and 2 snacks, then I made myself a pretty big but light salad, with 1 tbsp of low fat dressing, i've had lots of tea, but i am slowly getting there.

unfortunately, i have a hard time distinguishing between head hunger and real hunger (they are almost the same for me).

I guess what I am trying to prevent is the binge, tomorrow. I feel it coming- because the trend for me in recent history has been- go to bed with head hunger, wake up with real hunger, eat contents of fridge before 10 am.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Help a girl out! lol
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

I need to know some suggestions for this too!!
Sorry I don't have any advice for you, just wanted to post because I know this feeling all too well. Last night I binged after eating properly all day and that sent my calories for the day over 4000.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

Ugh, I hate that and I definitely know what you mean. I started reading a book on my iPad from Kindle "Brain over binge" and I'm not even halfway through but it's already helped me do better today just from reading about the author's story.

I guess, just try not to think about the food - don't go in with the expectation that you know you'll wake up and want to binge. Expect the best. Go work out, that usually gets my mind off food.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #4  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I know the feeling! I know that for me, a routine REALLY helps. I wake up, eat a protein muffin, work out, eat my egg whites & coffee, go to work with my lunch packed from the night before. It might sound boring and monotonous, but when I have a routine I feel more "safe" and in control. Hope that helps someone!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #5  
Dedicated Yogi

thank you! danzingurl- i'm like that too with the routine, but it's a little hard to do on weekends, and especially in this particular point in my life.

i did avoid the binge last night- i am starving this morning, but i am also trying to control it.

worst case scenario i plan to eat like a lb of steamed veg. lol HOPEFULLY.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

Hope you do all right, stimkovs!!
Getting that "hunger" myself about here in the next few days, so I'm really pulling for you!
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #7  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
I know the feeling! I know that for me, a routine REALLY helps. I wake up, eat a protein muffin, work out, eat my egg whites & coffee, go to work with my lunch packed from the night before. It might sound boring and monotonous, but when I have a routine I feel more "safe" and in control. Hope that helps someone!
BINGO ! planning is the key for me too IF i don't I'm sunk. I'm type A personality (prior military) & I have to stay focused if not once again I'm sunk.
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I would go ahead and eat a pound of fruits or veggies, well maybe not a pound but start with one serving and if the feeling is still there have a second. So what if you eat a few extra servings of fruits and veggies in a day, it's better than greasy fatty foods... A hundred or two calories vs a thousand or two? My biggest problem is getting to that too hungry point and then going crazy, but if I eat a little more than originally planned of something quality and healthy no biggie in the long run.
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #9  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I am honestly terrified to eat at a caloric deficit for more than a couple days in a row for this reason. I find myself doing things like "padding" my day's intake with a snack before bed just because I'm a tiny bit hungry, stuff like that. No matter what I am really, really NOT going to let myself fall back into binge eating. Nothing is worth that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #10  
Dedicated Yogi

1spunkygal- definitely very extreme type A personality, minus the military. lots of benefits, but also some drawbacks lol

mottainai - thank you! still hanging in there!!

krampus- i have the exact same issue. when i can FULLY track - as in know exactly what i've eaten, there's no issue because i know where i stand. but right now, i live at home, with weird russian home cooking- everything is exceptionally healthy, so it's not a fatty greasy issue- but it's hard to calorie count some things, or even measure properly so i eat at what i assume a deficit, and guesstimate in my head, what i've noticed is that i tend to guesstimate up and presumably that "over-deficit" is what causes it. it actually terrifies me. the binges terrify me.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #11  

Height: 5'4

I definitely know what you mean about THE HUNGER. It's almost as though you start getting that feeling and know that it's inevitable; you are GOING to binge in the next day or two.

I hope you managed to make it through the day!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #12  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

Not that I do Tim Ferriss diet, but I follow one thing which is planned 1 day binge per week. I count calories for a few days and schedule one afternoon to dinner quick binge (less than 4000 calories). this way at least I can get the workout in during morning hours which helps to deduct some binge calories. AND try to eat little bit of everything I've been craving. M&M with peanuts, ice cream, crackers, chips, nuts, cookies, pasta, rice dinner, tofu, fish, fruit.. whatever I want. I just don't eat heck of a lot of one thing (don't want to be full in one hour) so I do this for 5-6 hours and regain some weight back.
next day, I have a lot of energy like I just carbo loaded... have a great workout and get back to the calorie counting for another few days. by doing this, I think I'm confusing my body from thinking that I'm on a diet. not the fastest weight loss but I don't have yoyos either.

Last edited by masterptr; 10-14-2012 at 08:02 PM.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #13  
Low Carb

S/C/G: 225/ ticker /135

Height: 5' 2"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterptr View Post
Not that I do Tim Ferriss diet, but I follow one thing which is planned 1 day binge per week. I count calories for a few days and schedule one afternoon to dinner quick binge (less than 4000 calories). this way at least I can get the workout in during morning hours which helps to deduct some binge calories. AND try to eat little bit of everything I've been craving. M&M with peanuts, ice cream, crackers, chips, nuts, cookies, pasta, rice dinner, tofu, fish, fruit.. whatever I want. I just don't eat heck of a lot of one thing (don't want to be full in one hour) so I do this for 5-6 hours and regain some weight back.
next day, I have a lot of energy like I just carbo loaded... have a great workout and get back to the calorie counting for another few days. by doing this, I think I'm confusing my body from thinking that I'm on a diet. not the fastest weight loss but I don't have yoyos either.
Is this the same as having a "treat day" ? I pretty much pick Friday as my weigh in day & use that as a treat day . I eat pretty much whatever I want but TRY not to go crazy overboard. Is this the same thing sorta ?
1spunkygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #14  
Angela

S/C/G: 155/138/126

Height: 5'6"

yes, it sounds about the same.
With the exception of PMS days, I can pretty much control it under 4000 calories even if I eat everything I want to eat that day.
masterptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 138/136/110s

I was doing basically the same thing as masterpr while I lost weight over several months earlier this year, allowing one kind of binge day a week, usually starting from around dinnertime and including whatever I want afterward.

It actually was beneficial to my weight loss, I believe, anecdotally-- not only because it was preventing more desperate binges, but it was also when I started doing that way that I got through a plateau after a stricter period at one point.
mottainai is offline   Reply With Quote