Old 10-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #1  
forgetting the past

Height: 5'3

Default weight loss rollercoaster

i’ve struggled with weight all my life, my highest weight was 217. i got down to 141 and then got back up to 191, then to 155 now im back at 181. i have zero motivation lately, i don’t know what’s gotten into me. i work part-time, go to school full-time, and i have a boyfriend. he knows i want to lose weight, we both do. i just can’t get motivated. i know i can do this, i just need some encouragement and ideas to make my life easier.

i downloaded the my fitness pal app, its easy for me to track what i eat on my phone. any other ideas would be great!
xchampagnedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #2  
Canadian on the Inside

Height: 5' 6"

I went through the same thing recently, and I found looking at pictures of myself at lower weights really motivated me in a way that thinking about those times didn't. It's more than just seeing myself thin; it's about seeing how happy I was then.
Paja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 AM   #3  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I say, to stop the rollercoaster, as you move into smaller clothes, get rid of the bigger clothes. Make sure that you will feel if you are getting bigger and nip it in the butt before you need a larger jean size to cover your butt. I have a closet of clothes for many sizes of me and I think that is a problem. Now, as I get into my smaller clothes I am donating the larger ones. I never want to fit into them again. I guess it is just another way to tell without depending on the scale for life.

As for motivation, come here often, make goals, and know that it is about commitment. Just do it.

Last edited by gatorgirl6; 10-13-2012 at 12:11 AM.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote