Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #1  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Default dry hair after highlights

I've recently really gotten into highlights (i've probably gotten them 3 or 4times over the last year), but the only problem is is that they're drying out my hair like nobody's business.

Any advice for keeping the more golden locks and fixing the dry, damaged hair?
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

Well there's a bit you can do at home and the salon to keep your looks healthy, I suggest after you've gotten your fill of the pool/and or
Ocean to head to the salon and get a Malibu, it will do two things brighten up that blonde as it gets impurities out alon with well water. As well as deep conditions it. It's lovely and a nice feeling. My next suggestion is take a look at your at home regimen and see if you're getting the most out of your color service with your blonde. I suggest bed head's dumb blonde, it's so very hydrating and smells delicious! Biolage by Matrix has a color hydrating line that they just came out with that has some nice oils in it that doesnt feel oily, that's what I'm currently using. I hope that helps!

Oh and I do hair so I tried to give you advice that I would give a client

Last edited by Thedollylala; 10-10-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

http://www.matrix.com/products/biola...l/shampoo.aspx that's the matrix shampoo line I was speaking of, also if you flat iron your hair always always protect it with some sort of hydrating oil or thermal spray
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:52 PM   #4  

try a purple shampoo to keep your highlights bright. You'll likely only have to use them once or twice a week but be sure to foam them up in your hands or it's possible to leave a purple mark in your hair.

Other than that it's moisture moisture moisture. Find yourself a really good conditioner that moisturizes. It also helps not to wash your hair every day. And remember, wash your scalp not your hair and only condition from the ears down.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #5  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

I use a hair masque, such as Macadamia, it makes my hair very smooth and even a little shiny. It's about $4.00 for a packet that lasts two to three times, well for me, my hair is thick but between chin and shoulder length. It's not recommended to do the masque more than once or twice a week, directions on package.

Matrix makes a conditioning balm which is great! Have you tried Rusk's moist shampoo (I'm pretty sure it is for color treated hair) and following with a conditioner such as Rusk calm or pure or their detangler conditioner.

I try to get a trim every time I get a chemical service such as color or highlights because I don't want my hair to dry out and have split ends.

Maybe consider talking to your stylist or ask in a beauty supply for advice too.

Also iVillage has beauty forums where you can get hair advice.

Good luck.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #6  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Thanks for the advice, ladies!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 290/288/200

Height: 6'2

I love pureology shampoo/conditioner products. I used to color my hair every 6 weeks on the dot, and also had hair extensions as well. As far as leave in conditioner, I used Trauma Treatment by Lanza. Pureology might seem expensive, but I bought the $50 bottles, and they have lasted me over a year because it takes very little. Just some in your hand, then put it on your scalp, dip your head back in the water and let it work it's magic. I never had dry hair and my extensions lasted a few months longer then typical.
LosersWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

Leave in conditioners work for me. AG fast food makes my hair really smooth and shiny
queenie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #9  
RawFoodie Maintainer :)

It's a 10 miracle leave in conditioner ALL THE WAY.

This stuff is the best freakin thing in the whole entire world, not just hydrating but also gives volume and sexiness
InspiredBy is offline   Reply With Quote