Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Default I think it's time...Wish me luck!

Howdy! It's been a long while since I've posted but I assure you I'm still lurking around. Something goes on in the back of my head, and I needed to confess it. Once you become "public" here on 3FC, I realized that you become more accountable. Especially once you hit maintenance. That being said, the motivation and slight self-given pressure I put on myself, I am approaching 3 years of maintenance coming up in December. It's still not easy, BUT, it's much easier than being over weight.

That being said, here's my pre-gift to myself to celebrate 3 years of maintenance. I read somewhere once that being brave isn't about just going out there facing something and being a lil bad a$$. But rather it's about being scared to death of it, yet you still go towards it anway despite all your fears. My fear, if you read my Goal Story which is here : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...lbs-135-a.html is that stupid elephant! Ok Ok Ok, I know I may be petty, but my goodness that has been on my mind since the day I started my journey. So this year, for the first time since 2008 when I rode that elephant, I'm going back to that Renaissance Festival, paying the $5, and getting on that beast of a beast just so I can get a new picture. I'm hoping it will give me some kind of closure of this insecurity that has been stewing deep within.

So wish me luck. I'm going one week from Saturday. I'm ready. It's time. I will post a picture once I get it.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back, I remember you. Maintenance is not easy, how well I know.Looking forward to your new picture.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamvixen View Post
But rather it's about being scared to death of it, yet you still go towards it anway despite all your fears.

So this year, for the first time since 2008 when I rode that elephant, I'm going back to that Renaissance Festival, paying the $5, and getting on that beast of a beast just so I can get a new picture.

Yes, "feel the fear and do it anyway," as they say. Yesterday I was invited to speak on a panel about food manufacturers' responsibilities. My instinct was to say no, because what the h-e-l-l do I have to contribute compared to the gastroenterologists, manufacturing representatives, and government officials on the panel? But then I pushed myself to say yes, precisely because it scares me.

Re: elephant, good for you! You know what they say about the elephant in the room...

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #4  
Chuggin' along...

That is a great gift. You go girl! Ride that elephant! Can't wait to see the pictures. Congrats on your loss, and your maintenance, and your wonderful hubby & beautiful daughter.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

There you are, Guamvixen.

Ride that elephant, girl. Heck, it's just an elephant, right? You've done harder things than that on your journey.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #6  
15th year in maintenance

S/C/G: 285/172/170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamvixen View Post
It's still not easy, BUT, it's much easier than being over weight.
That's very close to what I often tell folks that ask about my consistency. Certainly not without sacrifice, but what ever worthwhile is?

Congratulations on the upcoming milestone!
JohnKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:08 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

sounds great! big congrats. go get'em
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #8  

Ok, as promised, here is my new elephant closure. Ignore the scared out of my mind look! That elephant was not as smooth a ride as I remembered! Even the little one was scared! But I love it. I love the honesty behind it. Do you know why? Because I felt a lot more fragile on that big elephant, than I did in 2008. Happy 3 year anniversary to myself! I maintain every day. Some days are easier than others, but I keep on keeping on!

Hope everyone is well. Thanks for everything! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Elephant.jpg (39.8 KB, 98 views)
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #9  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Outstanding! Congratulations on making a new memory! Wishing you a lifetime of successful maintenance - your story has been a key motivator for me!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #10  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Guam, this is a really trite comment, but this is inspiring, to see someone doing something they were afraid of doing. And that you were still scared while doing it, but you kept on doing it. I needed that, today.

Heck, I have some kind of Groupon for a trail ride on a horse that I still haven't used, after several months. I'm not afraid of the horse, I just keep getting overscheduled and neglecting to set up a time & date with the stable. Which means, yes, deep down, something is holding me back. I hope I can kick it away. Dammit, girl, you rode an elephant ... so what am I procrastinating over?
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #11  
Workin' It

Woo! I love it! Congratulations! That is fantastic.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #12  
Chuggin' along...

Awesome! Good for you! I echo Saef's statement - doing something you're scared of, yet still doing it, is really brave. Makes me think about the things I'm too chicken to do, so I haven't attempted them. Well done.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

OK, I see a picture of someone riding an elephant, but I only see a gorgeous girl and two children....where are you ? LOL!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Love your face! Congratulations for conquering your fears!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #15  

Thanks guys! It means a lot to me that I've received SO much support! You all are super! My facial expression says it all, it was a long way down if you fall. This picture has also become my sister's "pick me up" picture when she's down. lol Glad I could help