Old 10-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #1  

Default Grocery shopping for newbies

What items should I buy to stock my new "no carb" pantry. I'm am looking at the Walden Farms items. But I know that there are plenty of goodies that I would be missing.

Help!
Kim
ustasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I use a good number of WF products (Dressings: Ranch, Russian, Asian, Sesame Ginger, Sweet Jersey Onion. Pancake syrup. Caramel & chocolate syrup). I also use a few DaVinci/Torani syrups to add a little flavor to some of the puddings and shakes.

Bragg's Aminos instead of soy sauce. I use this with WF pancake syrup to make a Teriyaki sauce.

LOTS and LOTS of spices and herbs!!! I have a ton in my spice cabinet. I had to get rid of a couple of pre-blended spices that had sugar in them, so I just bought the individual spices in the mix and make it myself.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #3  

Welcome!

Check the sticky threads at the top. There is a plethora of info in those threads which reduces the need to start new threads.

you can always ask questions in the daily thread and someone will point you in the right direction, too.

My coach gave me a shopping list so I bet there is a PDF in the sticky threads.

Lisa
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250?/146.6/160?

Height: 5' 7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

Bragg's Aminos instead of soy sauce. I use this with WF pancake syrup to make a Teriyaki sauce.
Hey Scorbett. I bought some of the Bragg's, but a serving is like 1/2 tsp, while on my soy sauce it's 1 tblsp (0 carb). I can never just use 1/2 tsp of the Braggs, so I stick to the soy sauce. Just wanted to say that.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ustasmom View Post
What items should I buy to stock my new "no carb" pantry. I'm am looking at the Walden Farms items. But I know that there are plenty of goodies that I would be missing.

Help!
Kim
Olive oil, apple cider vinegar, stevia or Splenda, low sodium soy sauce or Braggs amino acid, 0/0/0 chicken broth, Pam spray,seasonings like Italian, steak or fajita seasonings, Torani or DaVinci syrups, baking powder, cinnamon! Apple pie spice, Heinz 1 carb ketchup. That's just off the top of my head! Now check the recipe threads from Rainbow and lizRR and you will never be bored with this diet. There is also recipes in the stickies at the top of the IP home page. WF products are expensive. I would recommend the pancake syrup. Also, some are good, but you may need to doctor them up a bit to get them to taste better. Don't throw them out if you don't like them right away. Your taste buds will change over time. You may end up liking them or using them in a recipe. Good luck and have fun! No need to be bored on this diet!
MyTime50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #6  
Started IP 6/14

S/C/G: 171.1/165.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I didn't have parchment paper or baking powder before I started this diet - now I use them almost every day.

Agree with the spices...I use a lot of garlic on the veggies - we already had that but now I buy the massive shakers of it!
jules26965 is offline   Reply With Quote