Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Default Stopping Abruptly

So I'm pretty sure I will abruptly stop IP on Friday. I have a wedding I'm in and with all of the events I'm pretty certain I'm going to schedule a cheat weekend (without going to crazy). I would love to lose 10 more pounds and I have to admit I've had 3 weeks where I've just stalled, partially due to adding a little cheese here, an extra packaged food there---you get the point. I think taking an IP break over the weekend might help me come back and refocus and not go nuts over the same ol' same ol'. With that being said, since I wouldn't be phasing off what should I expect. My dress was altered to be very fitted and I'm deathly afraid that coming off the program will put an immediate 5 lbs on me and screw up the fit of my dress (am I being dramatic here...I know ppl say anticipate a 3-5 lb weight gain). What are everyone's thoughts? Thanks!
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Not sure about the immediate weight gain. I would be more concerned about making yourself sick from going from little to no carbs to having a bunch, same with sugar. We were just talking to our coach about this since we are going on the cruise in a few weeks and will be having some drinks and more carbs than usual. You can actually get sick to your tummy from the sudden change. I think even just a few days of phasing off this week before Friday might prevent or ease up any upset tummy and what not. She told us she didn't want us spending a day or two of vacation with an upset tummy because we go from one day having very few carbs and sugars to the next have alcohol and say something sweet or carb heavy. Something to consider...I am sure others on here have more experience and will chime in too.
MommaHen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I agree with Mommahen. You will put less of a "shock" on your body if you do at least a few days of phase 3 before the wedding. I've seen more than a few people post that after planning a "cheat" during phase 1 without actually phasing off, they felt sick afterward.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I was on vacation for a bit and chose to eat as close to plan as was feasible without being a pain in the butt. That being said, I did enjoy a lovely meal out...where I made the best choices from the available options. I didn't add extras in prior to leaving and I never experienced any negative side effects. I felt that I wanted to stick to plan as long as possible.

AND most importantly I came back totally committed, didn't feel like I focused on my diet the entire time, and feeling good. Initially up 2lbs and as of today I am down 3 from WI before leaving.

Moral to my really long reply...don't go crazy, but enjoy your time with family & friends.
Im escaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Due to the dress being fitted you should keep carbs very low.

I've got no idea why you would be sick due to carbs ... it is the combination of high fat and carbs that can make your stomach upset.

That said - avoid carbs because the carbs can bloat you and even if they don't bloat you they will increase your glycogen stores.

I'd also advise avoiding extra sodium for the same reason - bloat.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh yeah the dress!

Good call John! If you know something normally makes you bloat....AVOID IT
Im escaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I agree with John. Stick to low carb as much as possible until the dress time is done! And watch the booze. The first few times I drank after phase 1 it hit me way harder than it used to.

If you still want to lose plan to revert back to phase1 Monday and stick to it! It can be a slippery slope!
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #8  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

I went off plan weekend before last- pretty much from Thursday night to Saturday night. Sunday I went back on program. I did not get sick. I did gain six pounds, which were all back off by Wednesday morning, but my clothes felt the same (though I was not wearing anything too form-fitting). My next full week back on plan (Wednesday to today) I had my best week since week one- 5lb loss. I know it's not a popular opinion, but I think for me personally, the cheat weekend was a good thing.

Yes, it was a little hairy to get back on plan (mentally, not physically)- but for me, I need to have something to look forward to in order to get me through the cravings. I had the weekend cheat planned when I started IP on 8/1. My next weekend off is Thanksgiving weekend. I need that to look forward to, otherwise I don't think I would have the strength/motivation to stay on plan at all.

YMMV.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Last time I went off plan for an event it didnt bother me as much. It was way hard to get back on the diet though. So just make sure you are prepared to do that right after the wedding
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Last time I went off plan for an event it didnt bother me as much. It was way hard to get back on the diet though. So just make sure you are prepared to do that right after the wedding
But again the dress is very fitted. Not worth the risk if you are member of the wedding party.

Last edited by patns; 10-04-2012 at 01:19 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

I can't think of anything worse than being in a wedding party, wearing fitted dress that is too tight. What a long day to be uncomfortable. For me, I would rather just stick to low carb- ala Phase 2- and not be worried about the dress and be uncomfortable. I say stick to the diet as close as possible.

Plus with you being so close to goal, getting back on track is pretty rough because you are feeling really good about yourself and you will tend to give yourself a little bit of leeway.

My advise, just stick to the program. Even if it means having an extra bar to get through the day because the schedule will be weird.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Don't do it! Don't stop! Trust me, it is soooo hard to get back on this diet. I wish I had never stopped. I've been on again/off again for about a year after I stopped for a vacation and still haven't made it to goal. It comes off slower the second time around and you just loose your momentum, mentally it is soooo hard to stay on track. Maybe it is because it opens the door and becomes easier to have more and more "planned" splurge weekends. My serious advice to you is buckle down and stay on during the wedding. You will not only feel great during, but so proud of yourself after! Don't do it!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #13  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I can't think of anything worse than being in a wedding party, wearing fitted dress that is too tight. What a long day to be uncomfortable. For me, I would rather just stick to low carb- ala Phase 2- and not be worried about the dress and be uncomfortable. I say stick to the diet as close as possible.

Plus with you being so close to goal, getting back on track is pretty rough because you are feeling really good about yourself and you will tend to give yourself a little bit of leeway.

My advise, just stick to the program. Even if it means having an extra bar to get through the day because the schedule will be weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Don't do it! Don't stop! Trust me, it is soooo hard to get back on this diet. I wish I had never stopped. I've been on again/off again for about a year after I stopped for a vacation and still haven't made it to goal. It comes off slower the second time around and you just loose your momentum, mentally it is soooo hard to stay on track. Maybe it is because it opens the door and becomes easier to have more and more "planned" splurge weekends. My serious advice to you is buckle down and stay on during the wedding. You will not only feel great during, but so proud of yourself after! Don't do it!
I wish there was a like button on here. I think you both are giving some great advice.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #14  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Oh don't do it! It's such a slippery slope to get back onboard after the planned events. My last diet was Medifast..did wonderfully, lost almost 48 pounds and decided I'd had enough was going on a vacation and wanted to eat normally. That was 18 months ago and I put it all back on and then some. I couldn't get my mindset to start up again and for every pound that I gained back, I just told myself, I'll start on Monday. Monday never happened. No matter what I did, what I told myself, it never happened. All that money for food, all the time and energy I put into it, down the toilet.
Just do Phase 2 as others have suggested. It is soooooooo hard to start again.
AliKay is offline   Reply With Quote