South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #1  

Default Starting Phase 1 on Monday, 10/1: Join me??

Hello Fellow SBers:

I need to do Phase 1 again to lose my final 20-25 pounds. I am going to start on this MONDAY, October 1. I did this last fall and stuck with Phase One for several weeks and finally, *finally* broke my sugar and carb cravings.

I'd like to knock them out again (they crept back this past year) and totally once and for all, complete my weight loss and get into maintenance mode. I want to lose every last pound of weight from my 4 pregnancies and have my weight be a non-issue: just live and eat healthily to keep it down.

I will be juicing as well, I do that for health. I'm nervous about giving up sugar and carbs, I admit, I love them and the comfort they provide! SO, I'm checking in to see if I can find anyone else to join me and we can support one another and encourage each other.

I'd love to hear about your goals and I how I can help.

Thanks! VioLynn
Violynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #2  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

I'm in for at least a week of Ph1 starting Mon.
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I've been back on PH1 since Thursday. I always feel so much better, physically and mentally, when I am back in control and eating well.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #4  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I've thought about this, and YES, I think 2 weeks of "official" Phase 1 is what I need.

I do a lot of Phase 1 and Phase 1.5 (without grains or without fruit)days but it appears that recently I have been mixing those days with either Phase 2-ish excess or outright off-plan binge-iness (I'm not sure if what I do is actually classified as binging but it sure isn't good).

I have done full Phase 1 probably several times in the past, so I know what to expect. It is going to be hard for me as I have been carb-overloading the last few days. I just checked on the scale and I am up 5 lbs from where I was in August. Anyway, my goal is not so much to lose a lot of weight - I really think I need to lose those 5 lbs; 10 would be better and slightly more than that would be ideal. But I definitely need to get my carby binges under control.

Time to rid my house of my triggers and prep some veggies!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'm in this week too! My birthday lasted way too long! I used that excuse for too many way off program choices. Even brought home cheese cake my friend made for my birthday yikes not smart! I need to get the sweets and night time grazing out of my system before I lose control. Emma I follow the plan it seems like you do which really works for me. I will permit myself 1 apple a day as they travel well when I ride my bike (still a much better choice over processed protein/granola type bars).

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks already packed for tomorrow!
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5-4

I fell off the band wagon many months ago, and after a unhealthy holiday, I decided to start again. I'll do it (phase 1 and 2) for 30 days, along with Jillian Michaels 30ds. I don't know about long term, but 30 days is a good goal and we'll see what happens from there! I can't start monday as we just got back from holiday and our fridge is empty. Tuesday is good and i'll only be a day behind you guys!
Linkovicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #7  
Patronella

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies.
I'd lost 33 lbs on Metabolic diet but 15 lbs. just crept back when I stopped. Have to curb those carb and sugar cravings and Phase 1 seems to be the way to go.
I do need the accountability so joining you will keep me honest.
Patronella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #8  

Fabulous! Strength in numbers!!

How did your first day go? Mine wasn't so bad, I'm hungry now, though!

I need to drink more water throughout the day, that will help. I've got my meals and snacks planned for tomorrow. I think I just have to put my head down and muscle through these first few days, till the cravings subside.

Good luck and let's stay connected and motivated!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #9  

I also started P1 today and will probably do one week. I post my menus in the on plan thread!
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 140/139/130

Height: 5'7

I started yesterday as well! I figure I may as well. I don't have a ton to lose, but I have been feeling so pudgy around the middle! I did really well with working out regularly, but then my kids started getting sick, and I can't take them to the gym when they are ill
Ready to start over !
CDH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #11  

I am so much hungrier today! I'm trying not to think of it, but....

I'm making Taco Salad for dinner tonight from Kalyn's website of SB Phase 1 recipes.

I am already getting "The South Beach Flu"---anyone else experience that? I feel achy, exhausted, a little nauseous, headache....supposedly it's caused by withdrawl from sugar. Ugh. Not a fan of this part of it. Can't wait to see/feel a difference in weight loss so I can experience positive results.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 140/139/130

Height: 5'7

I think I am going to make the taco salad tomorrow night. We had chicken, cabbage and mushrooms tonight. I really enjoyed it, and seem to be doing well. But, I think a lot of that is my kids keeping my mind busy. It is so much harder when you have nothing to do but think about what you want to eat! The last, and only time I attempted the SBD was when I was working, and even though my co worker was going it with me, it was hard, and didn't make it a week!
CDH85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #13  
Patronella

S/C/G: 191/191/150

Default Off to a good start.

Stayed on track yesterday - down 1 lb. Yay!
Hopefully I can remain steady.
Patronella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #14  

Default Day 4!

Hi all,

I made it through day 4--it wasn't too bad. I was down a pound today--sure wish it were more. I can't help it, I'm impatient and want instant gratification for being hungry. Ahhh, well. I hope it just starts melttttttting off.......
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6"

Unfortunately with weight loss, the whole instant gratification thing is a no go.... but the hungry can be easily remedied.

If you find your self hungry, eat.
Start with another serving of veggies, and if your still hungry have another serving of protein.
This is not a plan that you should go hungry on.... congrats on the one pound lost, I wish you many more
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote