Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-23-2012, 07:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/140/120

Height: 5'7"

Default Short hair...

For the past 6 months I had very long bleach blonde hair and loved it. I had never felt so pretty and I was actually quite a bit heavier than now. Due to all the stress on my hair from bleaching I had to cut a considerable amount of hair off :/ and decided to dye it back brown. Now in left with mousy brown hair that touches the nape of my neck. I feel so masculine and unattractive my husband doesn't complain so I guess that's a plus lol. I'm so desperate for y hair to grow...has anyone ever felt like this? Am I being ridiculous? I see short hair on other women and it looks great, and loved short hair when I was younger. Any ideas on getting hair to grow faster? Lol
Savannahjade93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

All you can do is WAIT. Trust me, I know the feeling. Two years ago I decided to be spontaneous and cut off all my hair and have it super layered. By all my hair, I meant at least like a foot off. I knew I regretted it as soon as the lady cut it off. When she first finished it, I felt good for a few days, then I started missing my long locks like crazy. It took about 1.5 years for my hair to grow back, but it eventually did! I'm NEVER cutting my hair short again.

Chances are, your hair probably doesn't look as bad as you think. Wait it out, I promise you it'll grow =] Just after a few months of letting it grow out, I felt a lot better. My hair grows really fast, so I'm not sure about you as it varies. Just make do with whatever you can right now!

Last edited by Bloopers; 09-23-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/114/108

I'm in the same boat of wishing my hair would grow out faster from a too short haircut. All I can say is rock what you have right now. Dress it up with accessories, style it differently, whatever.

You might as well work with what you have and have fun with it until your hair grows out.
LataJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/146/130

Height: 5'6"

Get some velcro rollers! Put them in with your hair wet and either sleep in them or blow dry your hair. Bam, sexy hair. Nothing masculine about it, no matter how big or small the curlers you use.

~Katy
kakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170/140/120

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the ideas everybody! I've resorted to clip in extensions on the weekends when my hair has to look cute and fortunately I make medical supplies for a living so I rock a cute hairnet every day at work lol
I'm glad to see others are in crappy haircut limbo with me, hopefully we all meet our goals and have long beautiful locks to match our hot bodies! Lol
Savannahjade93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #6  
Carrots? Meh...

Height: 5'6

I've had long hair (once down to my tailbone) for most of my life. While it looked okay, it was a pain to deal with (horribly frizzy) and just didn't suit me. So about two years ago I cut it all off into a nice pixie style and colored it from a light mousy brown to a sunny blonde.

I haven't regretted it for a second and will never go back to long hair. And no, I definitely don't feel masculine

PS! I love wearing beautiful earrings with my short hair - they just look awesome. My earring collection has grown rapidly and I'm always looking for more. It's fun!
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:17 AM   #7  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

if you're feeling bad about the way it looks, change it! i know you dont want to cut it any shorter, but maybe change the color if you feel "mousy".
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

I have cutmy hair short 3 or 4 times, usually after losing a significant amount of weight (50 pounds or more). I always end up HATING it. I end up gainging weight as I wait for my hair to grow. I know that sounds so silly! But there is a direct relationship between getting an extreme change in my hair and then gaining back weight I have lost. This time I went to my stylist and said DO NOT let me cut my hair short, at least not all at once. If I really think I want it shorter, lets do it in steps, 2-3 inches then wait a few months, then 2-3 more.

It will grow back! Don't let it get you down! I also agree try a new color and maybe some Highlights and / or lowlights to sspunk it up a little!
KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 82.2/78.5/64

Height: 176

I recently had to cut my hair because it was badly damaged from being bleached blonde and chemically straightened. I had short hair for ages then decided to grow it out. It took forever. Then I decided that I wanted to chemically straighten my hair as an incentive to get good grades with uni. I waited six months before getting it done, and did not dye my hair and kept it natural most of the time, just so it would be in good condition. It looked gorgeous, and I really miss it.

I don't regret straightening it, it was nice for a change, nor do I regret going blonde. Its also in much better condition now, and I didn't get it too short, just an inch below my shoulder, and its been dyed back to brown. My main problem is that it is this horrible frizzy mess. Most of it's curling up, but part of it is straight. In its natural state it goes into these nice ringlets, but at the moment it's refusing to do that. It'll probably take years to get it back to how it was before.
AmyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote