Old 09-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #1  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight loss slowing down is just flat out lame.

~Rant on~

I remember when I lost the first 40 lbs. It happened in maybe 3 months. NOW, I have fourty something left and it seems like it's going to take FOREVER. It's still coming off, maybe 3-5lbs a month, but still, when you're used to fast, this slow stuff is maddening! Now I lose it all in chunks too, all of it coming off in one week during the month.

I know, I know, slow and steady wins the race. It doesn't mean I have to like it though.

~rant off~

Last edited by Vex; 09-21-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

It may be lame but is perfectly normal, the less you need to lose the slower it goes. You have done a great job, don't let this slowdown discourage you. It will come off.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

LOL! I am right there with you. Hubs and I were talking about that today. It probably doesn't help, but the reason is that you are hauling around 40 lbs less, so even for the same amount of exercise/food you are getting less bang for your proverbial buck. Sometimes I am afraid that when I get close to goal, I'll have to drink nothing but water, eat only air pudding and spend 20 hours a day hiking to get rid of it!

We just have to keep going and realize that it is worth hanging in there for the results even if they are too slow for our tastes. You are NOT alone

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4

I see myself all in your post the last two- three months I'd only lose 5lbs a month so I upped my calories and I'm some what in disbelief but it's coming off fantastic, so don't dispair do some switching around maybe it will work for you as well, good luck!!
Thedollylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #5  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

I completely agree. It sucks big time.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:34 AM   #6  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Been there, done that. It stinks, but fortunately it's more a marathon than a sprint in general!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #7  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

I was just thinking the same thing! I'm on a medically supervised program, and the doctor was just giving me a little bit of a hard time because my loss has slowed down to the single digits the last 3 or 4 months. Nothing has changed on my part -- in fact, I've started exercising more. I was a little down until I talked to my counselor, and she said to ignore the "numbers people." She thinks I'm doing fine and making big strides emotionally...

I'm also losing in "chunks" -- In fact, after that meeting with the doctor, the very next day showed a 2lb loss! It's a mystery to me why my body holds on to the weight until it's READY to let go. That's why I don't participate in team fitness challenges (at work). Everyone expects you to lose like clockwork (pressure), and when I don't, I'm always upset that the team thinks I let them down. It comes off eventually,just not when I want it to!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote