Old 09-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #1  

Default Healthy Oils

Is everyone getting their 2t of healthy oils per day? I wasn't, but then learned a little more about it and am working on it this week.

DO you think it makes a difference in your weight loss?
mrsziggy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Yes I get mine in, for me it is pretty easy to do. As for is it helping or not? I am not a good one to ask, I have been dancing around the same 3lbs for months LOL
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

I get mine in. I don't believe in low-fat so this isn't hard to do.

As far as whether it helps or not I guess that depends on what you mean:

Yes, I think it helps your health

No, I don't think that it will make much difference in how much weight you lose

All of that said, in general, I personally think that lowfat diets aren't as successful long term as they tend to be diets high in carbs so adding a little oil may results in a lower carb diet which may be more successful. But, this may not be the case for everyone.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

Yes - I avoided them for a while but then I noticed my skin looked awful and my hair was dry and I was shedding a lot so I made it a point to get them oils in, and also to back off the no-fat stuff as much as possible.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

I couldn't agree more with Koshka. I used to spend....or waste I should say, my money on low-fat, 100 cal, etc, etc...garbage basically. Then I realized that if I was eating right I could have full fat things...like regular cheese instead of the fat free yucky stuff. Just have to have it in moderation. I am much happier about how I eat now and I eat little to no processed food and enjoy the foods I eat so much more. I do get my healthy oils in each day. I use coconut oil with most everything I cook. I think it's important for our bodies to get the right kind of fats/oils in.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

I dug this older post up because I had questions about healthy oils.

I take fish oil and flax oil supplements for dry eyes caused by roseaca...would those count? I also try to cook with flaxseeds and I eat other fats (like cheese and peanut butter)....are healthy oils still necessary, or are they only necessary if you eat below a certain amount of fat?

what counts as healthy oils? i know olive oil, canola oil, and the ones mentioned previously in the thread....anything else?

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 161/147/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Walnuts and sesame oil count as healthy oils. I have a tablespoon of chopped walnuts every morning in my oatmeal so I get them in. I don't think healthy oils are meant to affect your weight loss but rather make sure you get healthy omega-3s in your body. I believe fish oil and vitamin E supplements count.
kidjng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5'10"

Walnuts don't count as healthy oils. The oils must be in pourable form.
fitwayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #9  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I don't understand why they have to be in a pourable form. Isn't one of the points of having the healthy oils for the healthy fats? Some days I don't have anything where I could add an oil but I can add a healthy fat like nuts.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere
I don't understand why they have to be in a pourable form. Isn't one of the points of having the healthy oils for the healthy fats? Some days I don't have anything where I could add an oil but I can add a healthy fat like nuts.
yeah, this is one ww rule I don't like. I think mainly because it has not been explained to my liking and i would rather eat something else. they should just make 2 tsp of oil free and doc everyone 2 points per day..haha

some info that answers my questions: http://skinnypoints.com/2012/03/23/w...-healthy-oils/

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote