Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #1  

Default Drank too much

So, I had about 4 drinks last night. I had no idea there were THAT many calories in alcohol, geez. Anyway, I had waffles this morning, so now I am at my max calories, which is 1400. I guess I could go up to 1600 but I've been doing really well so far.

What do you do when you had a little too much to drink? Eat normally anyway?
Euphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I binged earlier today and decided to just eat normally throughout the day. It's healthier to keep up normal routine than to starve in attempt to acheive a set number of calories on binge days.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I'd eat normally. Alcohol doesn't have any nutritional value, so you'll essentially be starving yourself of anything nutritionally sound if you don't eat. I'll often get a big green salad with some protein when I have overindulged - get in lots and lots of veggies and some lean protein, plus lots of water.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #4  

That's not a bad idea. I guess I could have a salad with some balsamic vinegar. I've just managed to get off the first 10 lbs relatively quickly and I don't want to start gaining anything back.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #5  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

You won't be gaining anything note-worthy, fat-wise, from 1 mess up (well, unless it was a real BIG doozie!). Just go about your business as normal!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #6  

No, it wasn't that bad! I'm just a major lightweight, I didn't realize how many calories were in alcohol alone. I didn't have anything with mixers. Then I had the waffles early in the morning to soak up any alcohol left, so I ran out of calories fast.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I don't think a minor indulgence is something to worry about. The important thing is to get back on your usual plan.

A couple of weeks ago I had a whole bottle of wine with a friend/neighbour while floating in her pool. I got back home and apparently stumbled into bed. Woke up around midnight feeling a little sick -- and ravenous. I think my body was trying to tell me it needed food to counterbalance the alcohol in my system. I decided to follow my body's promptings, even though I was way above my calorie limit for the day. Next morning I woke up feeling better and just got back to my usual regimen. I don't think there was any net gain.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote