Old 09-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Scale Fear-Anyone?

Ugh, you guys. I have not been on a scale since late November. At that time, I had put on 30 pounds from my lowest. Now it's a year later, and I"m sure I have put on even more pounds. I can't quite emotional eating, and than I avoid the scale.

It is so true, you can not out excercise a bad diet. I do work out and am active, but i can't stop shoving my face with food to try and hide emotion.

Having a bad bad day.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

Yes, I have fear of the scale, especially when I know I have been eating bad. In fact, I wouldn't even weigh myself for a few days if I had binges or ate over my calories too many times. I just get discouraged if I see the scale hasn't moved or has gone up.

I think you should weigh yourself, may be you're not where you think you are? and if you are, may be it can be motivation to eat better? but I know it's hard. I went 5 years without weighing myself (and gained 40-50 pounds in the process). Good luck!

Last edited by kisskiss; 09-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/218.5/160

Height: 5'8"

Sorry to hear you're having a bad day! I think we all fear the scale...what a cruel mirror it can seem! But if you step on that scale, you're going to have a starting point. Look how far you've come! My goodness. 30 pounds from your lowest point is still a great place to be! What better place to make a stop, put on the brakes, and turn the runaway train in the opposite direction. Not looking is not going to make it any less true; get on that scale, note the number, and do the math. It's not a barometer of failure; it is simply a number from which you wish to move only lower. Nobody has to know. Just you. Good luck in whatever you choose to do!
Blarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

My attitude has become one of realizing I weigh what I weigh whether I get on the scale or not and I might as well be in control of it. It really think it helps to weight often to keep yourself in check.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #5  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

I have major fear of the scale, especially when I've been avoiding it because I know I've gained. When I jumped back in to this weight loss journey, I told myself that I was going to weigh myself EVERY DAY regardless. It helps me be accountable for the food and exercise choices I made the day before and I get used to the natural ups and downs as I overall lose weight.
I know a lot of people don't agree with weighing every day, but I get in trouble and gain, gain, gain when I don't.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote