Old 09-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #1  
On a weight loss journey

Height: 5'2"

Default I need a weight loss partner!

Hello!

As of today I am starting my weight loss plan () and I need a accountability/motivational partner!

I am 29 years old, work as a freelance writer (so I am on my butt all day) and I am currently 196lbs. Every year for the last 10 years I have gained about 10 pounds (with some losing and regaining in there). Stepping on the scale yesterday and seeing that I am carrying nearly 200lbs on my 5'2" frame was a huge wake up call and I am finally ready to do something about my weight.

I would like a partner (or partners - I would love to start a small group of buddies) who has similar goals and who doesn't mind a lot of contact as I live on the internet because of my job. I know I can do this by myself, but a little support from someone who can relate would be nice.

If you are interested, please respond here or PM me. Thanks!

Last edited by NothingButChanges; 09-18-2012 at 11:39 PM.
NothingButChanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

I tried to PM you but the site said I couldn't. Either you've disabled PMs or you're too new yet.

Anywho, I'd love to be an accountability/motivation partner. I could use one too!

I'm 24, and still in college, so I'm chilling at a desk most of the day too. We have a similar starting weight, but my goal weight is a bit lower. I'd still love to get to 145 though!

I'm on the internet all the time (gotta love smartphones!) so we can talk as much as you like. No such thing as too much support!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #3  
On a weight loss journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by penmage View Post
I tried to PM you but the site said I couldn't. Either you've disabled PMs or you're too new yet.

Anywho, I'd love to be an accountability/motivation partner. I could use one too!

I'm 24, and still in college, so I'm chilling at a desk most of the day too. We have a similar starting weight, but my goal weight is a bit lower. I'd still love to get to 145 though!

I'm on the internet all the time (gotta love smartphones!) so we can talk as much as you like. No such thing as too much support!

Thanks for responding!
You know, I think I am too new, I looked everywhere and could not find PM options...
We are very similar! My initial goal was a bit lower too until I ran across a picture of myself at about 145lbs (and I thought I was fat! ) and realized I was at a great weight! I might get down to 145lbs and decide I want to re-adjust too so we'll see.

I'm in college as well so I feel like my life is 100% inactive right now! That is one of the biggest things I need to change, I need to work on being more active overall.

I see you have lost 15lbs (congrats!) what are you doing to lose?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Thanks

I have PCOS (at least, my body acts like it does, although my doc says I have no cysts), so I'm taking medications for that, which is making it a little easier to lose. Diet wise, I'm doing a modified South Beach diet. I'm modifying it in that I am lactose sensitive AND gluten intolerant (yay me...) so even whole wheat breads are out. It's made a HUGE difference. I've had tummy issues for 20 years (no, really.) and with breads cut, they are GONE. What kind of plan/system are you going to be following?

I haven't exercised much at all, although I know I need to. I just have classes at all hours of the day and it's hard for me to get a schedule. I know I could figure something out, but I don't want to right now, lol. Diet first! Maybe we can help each other be more active.
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/210/130

Height: 5'5

i would also love to have a buddy to check in with daily. Reporting weight, food, exercise and any challenges that may come up. if any one is interested in being my buddy email me at [email protected] so we can talk to each other more and start losing the weight.
lasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #6  
On a weight loss journey

I can relate with the lactose thing as I am lactose intolerant, but not with the gluten intolerance. It's crazy how food can make us feel so terrible huh?!

Well, I want to ease into healthy eating (meaning more plant-based eating but I am not vegetarian or vegan, I just like eating plants lol). So, I am going to focus on healthy breakfasts for a week, then the next week I'll eat healthy breakfast and lunch and so on until I am eating healthy most of the time. I'm not following any specific plan, just eating smaller portions of whole foods for now.

Finding time to exercise is difficult! You would think I have plenty of time as someone who works from home but I look up and the day is gone! We should have an exercise goal, at least 15 minutes a day or something!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

If anyone needs one, I'm down!
Laurlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #8  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

hello! I would love a weight loss buddy. I am close to your height and weight and age
I am 28 and am still trying to lose the baby weight from my dauighter who is 4 tomorrow.
I am calorie counting and working out a minimum of 3 days a week. Also giving up sweets for atleast 21 days.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Hi! Thought I'd pop in too.
Seem to have a lot in common with y'all!
I'm further along in my journey (though my ticker is off, need to correct that) but it's always nice to have buddies.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #10  
On a weight loss journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurlie View Post
If anyone needs one, I'm down!
Thanks! I see you've lost quite a bit, how are you losing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
hello! I would love a weight loss buddy. I am close to your height and weight and age
I am 28 and am still trying to lose the baby weight from my dauighter who is 4 tomorrow.
I am calorie counting and working out a minimum of 3 days a week. Also giving up sweets for atleast 21 days.
Sweets are my weakness so I am trying to give them up. How are you going about it? Cold turkey or are you just decreasing them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
Hi! Thought I'd pop in too.
Seem to have a lot in common with y'all!
I'm further along in my journey (though my ticker is off, need to correct that) but it's always nice to have buddies.

I love your name! IT is always nice to have buddies and support. Congrats on your weight loss so far!
Old 09-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

i'd like to be a part of this! i'm trying to hold myself accountable in various ways but i still slip up. is there an email thread that someone has started?

it sounds like i'm in the same boat with some of you ladies. in college (graduate school). but i'll be transitioning out in a few weeks...
slicedbreadbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #12  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

nothingbutchanges I went cold turkey and am on day 11! Sorry it took so long to reply. Had guests for the weekend. I have been losing at a steady clip. 4 lbs in a week and a half. Love the beginning water weight. Makes you feel like this is doable. I am so excited ladies. Its been a long time since I was seriously trying to lose weight and getting somewhere.
slicedbread congrats on graduating!
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I like your goal rewards, sun. Looks like you enjoy your massages! I should treat myself to those more too.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #14  
On a weight loss journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicedbreadbox View Post
i'd like to be a part of this! i'm trying to hold myself accountable in various ways but i still slip up. is there an email thread that someone has started?

it sounds like i'm in the same boat with some of you ladies. in college (graduate school). but i'll be transitioning out in a few weeks...
Thanks for joining! Right now we are just staying in this thread but if everyone is open to emailing that would be fine with me (probably better, really) so everyone just let me know!

Congrats on graduating! Oh how I can't wait for that day! lol I've got a few more years left so right now I am just chugging along, but I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun View Post
nothingbutchanges I went cold turkey and am on day 11! Sorry it took so long to reply. Had guests for the weekend. I have been losing at a steady clip. 4 lbs in a week and a half. Love the beginning water weight. Makes you feel like this is doable. I am so excited ladies. Its been a long time since I was seriously trying to lose weight and getting somewhere.
slicedbread congrats on graduating!
No problem! Well good for you, that is incredible (weight loss and giving up sweets cold turkey)! Yep, I love the beginning water weight too, especially since I am short because I can see the difference even if I lose only 1 pound. This morning I looked in the mirror and I swore my tummy went down just the tiniest bit.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/219/140

Height: 5'5

I'll be anyones buddy if they need one i started my journey almost 6 months ago and i currently just started eating Paleo this past friday
MizMelis is offline   Reply With Quote