Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #1  
IP Reboot Mar 31/2013

S/C/G: 187/158/130

Height: 5'7

Default Flavoured coffee beans

does black coffee made from flavoured coffee beans have calories or sugar?
mini anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:26 PM   #2  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

Height: 5'4"

I was wondering the same thing! 7-Eleven has this pumpkin spice coffee that is to die for!!
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #3  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

I looked at some of my flavored K-Cups for my Keurig coffee maker. The ones by Green Mountain CLAIM no carbs. To read their claims go here. http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/nutrition.aspx

Livestrong claims the Pumpkin Spice Coffee has 41 total carbs!! Tons of sugar. Go here to read that.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

I googled this question and here was one of the responses (which i was glad to read as I've used them everyday since begining this journey! LOL!)

Categories
There are a variety of coffee bean flavors. Bean Central separates the flavors into seven categories: chocolate, vanilla, fruit, nuts, spice, caramel and distilled spirits. A coffee bean may be infused with either a single flavor or a mix of two or more flavors.

Infusion Technique
Coffee beans are roasted before they are flavored. After roasting, the beans must be cooled or the high temperature can destroy some of the flavoring. The beans are placed in a large mixer and gently agitated as the flavoring is dripped into the mixer. The process continues until the beans are completely coated, which can take 15 to 30 minutes.

Calories
Regular coffee beans contain virtually no calories. According to the USDA, an 8 oz. cup of regular coffee prepared with water has only 2 calories. These negligible calories come from some oils in the beans. Flavored coffee beans also do not contain any significant calories. Even if flavor is infused into the bean, it will not add any extra sugars or calories.

Considerations
If you purchase powdered instant flavored coffees, these will likely contain calories. Powdered coffees have added sugar and fat, although you can purchase sugar-free versions. Coffee shops sometimes use syrups to flavor their coffees. Unless identified as sugar-free, these syrups generally contain sugars and calories.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...#ixzz26qcT3RZ5
Lorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #5  
Started IP 06.12.12

S/C/G: 199.4/163.8/140

That's for the Latte...im talking about the regular drip coffee they have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I looked at some of my flavored K-Cups for my Keurig coffee maker. The ones by Green Mountain CLAIM no carbs. To read their claims go here. http://www.greenmountaincoffee.com/nutrition.aspx

Livestrong claims the Pumpkin Spice Coffee has 41 total carbs!! Tons of sugar. Go here to read that.
jmuroff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #6  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

Quote:
That's for the Latte...im talking about the regular drip coffee they have
Oops sorry. Here's what I could find for a 3/4 Pumpkin Spice, 1/4 Regular 7-11 Coffee. Clickhere. It was the closest I could find quickly.
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote