Old 09-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #1  

Default Blue Team 2012 Fall Back To Basics Chat Thread Week 4 (09/17-09/23)

Well here we are in week 4 already. Cant believe we've been at it this long already and I don't have much to show for it yet. I really need to buckle down and get things done.

I haven't been bad this week but I get this thing where I always feel hungry and that drinking water actually makes me feel very sick....like I'm going to be sick.
So mix not drinking enough water with eating to much (it was all healthy though) and you get no weight loss.

I am going away to my conference again this year and it's earlier so I leave in 2 weeks and 2 days. I need to lose 5lbs by then and hoping I can actually achieve this mini goal. We eat so bad there....meetings get boring and they have full buffet for 3 meals plus snacks and you eat everything just to stay awake some days......needless to say I usually gain about 5-7lbs in the 5 days were gone. This time were only gone 3 days so here's hoping.

Well I'm off to bed but have to say this typing is better....I figured out how to pair my hp keyboard with the ipad and this is really good to be able to type now on a keyboard rather than the on screen keyboard

Good luck to everyone and here to an awesome week 4......GO BLUE

Last edited by Bigmid; 09-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #2  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Height: 5'4"

Sorry everyone, i gained and am back to my starting weight. Bigmid i also let the scale dictate my mood, it's something im working on. When im at a conference i too eat to stay awake, i couldnt make it this year (one less challenge )

Its 10pm now and im just about to eat, had a 14 hour work day i wasn't prepared for! Not the best idea, but im soo hungry i cannot go to bed without eating

Best of luck with an on plan week
Old 09-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Blue Team Total Lost: 5.1 lbs. as a team or 0.12%

Blue Team Biggest Loser: angie7896 (-1.5 lbs., -0.85%)

Honorable Mentions:

pagelynn (-1.2 lbs., -0.64%)
jamleigh78 (-1.3 lbs., -0.59%)
Bigmid (-1 lbs., -0.57%)

Congratulations to angie7896 and all the losers ! Unfortunately our biggest loser did not post to the chat thread.

I've been having some internet issues but hopefully they will be resolved shortly. Hope everyone has a great week 4 !

Last edited by LeslieB; 09-17-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #4  

Well last week was kinder to me than I deserve. I learned from the last challenge that even the small losses add up at the end of the challenge. I never once made biggest loser for the week but I really did great by the time you added all the small Losses together. So celebrate every single loss or maintance, every one counts.

Congratulations Angie and all the runners up. Now go out and do it again this week.

Go Blusers.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #5  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations to all the losers this week!!!

Weight loss is not going well for me - very frustrating. Been avoiding the scale because of it. I need to weigh in -soon- to figure out where I'm at. I'm almost tempted to just get back into exercising and wait til Sunday's weigh in to find out, lol.

Week 4? Really?
Old 09-17-2012, 07:50 PM   #6  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Congrats to everyone this past week! I can't believe I got honorable mention...I really need to kick it in to overdrive. I have been trying to figure out how to balance all my stress and so far not so good.
Good Luck BigMid! Sounds like fun! My co-worker brought krispy kreme donuts on Friday. They never bring anything (except birthday cakes) but seems that now everyone knows I am following WW, there is more and more goodies being brought in. Oh well! I will learn to avoid temptation as best as possible.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #7  

CONGRATULATIONS to Angie, pagelynn, and jamleigh for being the BL this week

CONGRATULATIONS to the rest of the BLUE TEAM for the rest of the losses and for hanging in and sticking with us.

We've already lost some team members so good job to everyone so far. Even if you've had some gains or frustrations along the way the important thing is you stuck with it.

Please remember you must come and chat if you want to be on the BL list.

Tkkoz - let's see if we can go this whole week without our moods being derailed by the scales.....not counting yesterday. Hope you were able to get some rest that was a very long dy you put in. Sometimes we cant help how late we eat, if you didnt et you'd be up all night with a growley tummy.

Leslie - hope you get your internet issues solved....they are so frustrating.

EofAZ - you've got that so right that it is all of our small success that can make the biggest differences in the end. Even if you didnt make the BL list last time you know (and so does the rest of the team) how big of an accomplishment that finishing and losing really is. And it's the small victories that keep us trying every week....keep it up your doing great

t0rn - it may not hurt to jump into the exercise and then see on Sunday. Just remember to drink lots of water because your muscles may want to hold onto some. This way you give your body a little extra to get rid of and that may help the dreaded scale issue. Another thing to try if things are. It going well I'd to just focus on one thing for a week then add a new thing. Like eat perfectly for a week then add the exercise or vise versa. Or just drink all you water everyday for a week, etc. It's all about small changes. You can do this

PageLynn - stress sucks. It's one of the worst things and can derail the efforts so easily. Your having losses so you are winning the battle so far. Keep going you'll do great. Oh that's not good KK so yummy......why is it all the really tasty, yummy foods are all the ones that got us to this website and challange...LOL
Good luck with avoiding all the temptations at work. The one thing that helps me at work is if I'm not the first one in the container then I won't eat it....I'm a germafobe (spelling) so if it's not individually wrapped I won't eat it

Well I did a good walk today and what I though was good time too, but my calories burned was lower than I was hoping it would be...oh well at least I got in 3.95miles.

Have a grat night everyone
Old 09-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #8  
Ready to lose

S/C/G: 122.7/tick/62

Congrats angie and well done to all other losers

Leslie i hope your net problems sort out soon
EofAZ small losses add up to large losses over time, take them when you can
Torn lol you've waited this long, what's another couple of days
Pagelynn stress is hard, your doing great with your losses
Bigmd i hope you enjoyed your walk

Im off to see a chiro tomorrow, ive done something to my back exercise will still happen, just with some moderation. Happy hump day!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9''

I am suprised I was biggest loser last week! .. I guess it was kinda by default since the actual biggest loser didn't post.. oh well, I'll take it!
Congrats to all of the losers!
PageLynn: I have been noticing that the more I say "no" to a specific food the easier it is every time! I rarely get pizza cravings anymore...still working on baked treats...

GO BLUE!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #10  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Angie: Pizza is the worst for me! I try to avoid as much as possible. I could eat a whole pizza if it was fresh and warm LOL.
Bigmid: I completely get the whole "why is it all the tasty, yummy foods are what got us here". I love healthy food, but there is something about fat and sugar that calls to my body fat lol!
Good luck this week everyone! I gotta get back to the books!
Old 09-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #11  

Hey everyone! Hope you're all having a good start to your week. I'm happy to say that my knee is finally all healed up - not even dull pain when I worked out today. That being said, I feel this week will be much much better than last, and I fully expect to be down to at least 292, if not lower this coming weigh in. Still expecting TOM, but I don't seem to be as bloated. We'll see.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #12  

Hi everyone it's late so just a quick hello hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Tkkoz hope you'd back is okay and that it's just done muscle pain

Angie baked treats are hard to avoid but I'm getting pretty good at it now. I seem to be able to avoid lots of trigger things except when I'm in a group. Seems like my head says well they can have it and their skinny so I should be able to have it too. Crazy

PageLynn. Hope the studying is going good. Remember to take a break every once in a while.

Missjean glad your knee is better. Good luck with thus weeks weight loss goal.

Well I went to my eye dr today as my yearly checkup for glaucoma and then went to the dentist and had five fillings done on my front teeth (yes 5). Got TOM today. And finally went for a good brisk walk for an hour and fifteen min. Did 5.03miles and 581 calories gone. Felt good to go outside and walk. Such a beautiful day today.

Well it's sleepy time now. Talk to you all later.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #13  

I am so excited because I ran a mile yesterday without stopping once! I have never done that before!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #14  

WOOHOO Angie. That's awesome.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:12 AM   #15  

I really don't want to go to the gym today... but I must... I had chocolate cake for dessert last night!
I hope everyone has a fun, healthy weekend!