Old 09-16-2012, 10:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default New Cat

Because I am a soft touch, we now have a third cat. A week ago a friend called and said he had friends who had a relative pass away and they were looking for a home for her cat. The rest is history...

The soft, siamese looking cat's name is Sofie. She is a good girl and seems to get along pretty well with my cats. Her people told me that Sophie likes to hide. We have had to turn the house upside down looking for her a couple of times because I was terrified that she had somehow escaped.

Today, when I couldn't find her, it occurred to me to call her by name. Out she came from somewhere yawning and stretching. Nothing like trying the obvious.

The relatives of the lady that passed away are definitely not cat people. They seemed to think every thing the cat does is weird or unusual. She just acts like a cat.

I felt so bad for Sofie, but she seems to be adjusting well. I hope she will be happy with us. Like everyone else around here, Sofie needs to lose weight. Her appetite is just great.

Sophie's owner had knee surgery two weeks ago. Within hours she was dead from a blood clot that went right to her lungs. According to the sister and mother, the lady was very overweight, and a poor risk for surgery. I guess we can all put that on our list of reasons to loose a little weight.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #2  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Aww, I am sorry. That's so nice of you to take her in. God bless.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/180/145

Height: 5'6"

Awwww....... I have two cats. I had three, one I've had since she was born in my front yard (my profile pic LOL), one a friend found as a kitten that just passed from a heart condition, and one we inherited from my MIL.

I thought my MIL's cat wasn't going to fit in at all, but the other two didn't seem to mind her, or even care. Now, mine and her actually kinda spend time together.

That's pretty cool you could take her! I worry all the time about what would happen to mine if I died as no one in my family likes cats and adult cats are rarely adopted. Glad Sofie found a good home!
FickleHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #4  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

You are such a kind person to take her in. I think a lot of animals are abandoned or taken to shelters in that type of situation. I am certain that if she could talk, she would tell you how grateful she is.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm not really a cat person, more of a dog person myself. However, I'm so glad Sophie found a new home with you. It is sad when pet owners pass away and a loved pet needs a new home. It doesn't always work out that someone cares enough to take it in.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Well, here I am back, needing to lose weight again. We still have Sophie who is about 15 years old. She has failing kidneys now, so I don’t know how much longer we will have her. We got a really big black lab mix dog. Sophie doesn’t put up with anything from him. He’s afraid of her.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:18 AM   #7  

hi all, glad to connect with you friends
fatlossadddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 130/185/150

Height: 5"4'

I have 2 cats...not by choice to be 100% honest, but they have grow on me..My kids are in love with them, and the cats adore the girls...Its great that your'e helping this really amazing cause to give them a home! All the best, and many happy memories!!!
bigbellymommy is offline   Reply With Quote