Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default For any number freaks. . .

This week I printed out my diary from Myfitnesspal. I averaged out how many calories I ate per day. Then I added up all of the calories I considered completely worthless (coffees, alcohol, treats that weren't planned) and while it didn't SEEM like a lot during the week, it added up to 1565, which was literally the exact average calories I ate per day. So I consumed an entire day's worth of calories of CRAP, most of that crap being beverages. What a total eye opener. I'm so glad I did that.

I think I'll do this every week. Sometimes in the moment little "treats" like a ridiculous 460 calories Grande Salted Caramel Mocha from Starbucks, seem innocent enough, but things like that add up. I've gotten complacent and lazy as the months have gone on, still losing weight consistently, but I've slowly gotten less healthy. I can figure any crap food into my calorie allotment when I really should be focusing on fueling my body.

Anyway, thought maybe some of you calorie counters were number freaks like me and could appreciate this.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #2  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

Ugh, I need to do this too. I know my morning lattes are liquid calories, but I have never been a breakfast eater (it is not the most important meal of my day). I think my biggest calories wasting happens with booze. I definitely need to focus on nutrition instead of just staying in my range. Someways I manage to fit pizza and snickers bars in, lol! Not good!
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

OH NO!!!! I haven't even thought about a weekly total of junk food! Yikes! I am almost afraid to try it out.
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #4  
So Close to Goal

S/C/G: 178/146/125

Height: 5"3

Wow, I think I need to check out my report from My Fitness Pal!
kate27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:46 AM   #5  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

This is a nice idea, though I am a little afraid it will be startling.

The little treats that I have been less than disciplined about lately include hot cocoa packets from work and a small bag of pretzels with my lunch. I count the calories from them always, but just thinking how easily I could abolish about 200 calories per day (or replace with more nutrient-rich calories) if only I had the discipline to do it ...

Well thank you, Stephanie - I am inspired to at least make a push at being more disciplined about these near-daily treats. I will apply my own "not today" philosophy - I will just skip the hot cocoa today, I can always have it tomorrow. Lather, rinse, repeat.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:37 AM   #6  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Thank you for sharing this. This is a great idea, and I'm definitely going to do it at the end of this week! I hate to think how mine's going to be...at the moment I'm struggling to stay on target so my only focus has been the number at the end of the day.
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Booooooooo.

I need to stop 'taking bites' of things.. know what I mean? I think that is where my 'extra' calories are coming from.

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #8  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I count every single calorie for this reason.

Alcohol is notoriously high in calories and, in my opinion, should always be counted.

In fact all beverages that have calories should be counted.

It seems silly to count such small things, but as you're all finding out they do add up. I learned this when I first started calorie counting.

Maybe I'm hardcore but if I bite it I write it.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote