Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #1  
forrystar

S/C/G: 141/136.4/130

Height: 5'4

Default Need some support for the weekend!

Day five of my diet...eating very healthy at 1200 cal's a day. It's now coming to the end of my work week and usually this means binge time. Pizza for dinner, followed by 4 beers, maybe dessert.

I am having a MAJOR moment of weakness RIGHT NOW. I want to do so well on my diet and it usually gets derailed in exactly...39 minutes.

need some supportive words to keep me on track. Tired of 'starting over' each Monday after I've binged all weekend.
forrystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Eat something decent as soon as you get home so you don't let hunger be your decision maker.

What helps me is knowing there's always "tomorrow" or "next weekend" that I can have pizza, I don't have to have it today, pizza isn't going away forever. Sometimes just putting it off helps. I just decide "TODAY I won't eat badly", and leave tomorrow for when tomorrow comes.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Don't do it! There is a good chance that a binge on Friday will end up being a binge on Saturday and Sunday too.

Do your best to tell yourself to wait until Saturday to binge. Then on Saturday, tell yourself you can make it to Sunday without a binge. Before you know it, the weekend will be over and you will have made it through binge-free.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:39 AM   #4  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

"Usually this means binge time": it used to be the same for me too, and I still remember that dreaded feeling very well.

Would it help if you were to think about why you tend to binge on weekends? Is it out of relief or association food/freedom ("work=watching my food/depriving" and "free day="freedom and all the food I want"?)? Is it because you're with other people who constantly eat pizza & beer, and you feel pressured to eat the same? Anything else?

For instance, in my case, I used to binge on weekends because those were my two days without work & school, but the few friends I had at that point were busy on weekends, so I wouldn't see anyone, or not much, and eating alone in my room was at least a way of keeping me busy and "full" with something. If you see what I mean. To stop bingeing, I had to convince myself that 1) I wasn't *doomed* to binge, it was only because I had decided so, and 2) I had to find ways of filling my weekends that didn't include food (starting another activity, meeting new people through it, seeing those people later... well, alright, it did involve restaurants and meals at times, but without the need to "fill myself up to break solitude", those weren't a problem, I didn't eat that much during such meals).

I hope this helps.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I'll second Kery. You need a new weekend plan. If Friday night "means" pizza, it's going to be a very hard habit to break. What new Friday night traditions could you develop? Bowling? A walk in the park? A visit to a museum (our Art Museum is open on Friday evenings)? Craft night at home?
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 23stone/17st11/11stone3

Height: 5'6''

I agree with the others, I found it really helped to break the associations by changing up the routine or creating new ones.
mysleepingdragon is offline   Reply With Quote