Old 09-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #1  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Default My husband has given me a challange

I bought the book "Eat to Live" about three and a half years ago to learn how to get my cholesterol, triglyceride, and sugar levels down WITHOUT taking pills for the rest of my life. I also needed to lose about 40 lbs. My husband said he would follow along with me but he continues to take high blood pressure, high cholesterol and pre-diabetes medication. Although we really added a LOT of fruits and vegetables to our diet and cut out meat (except for fish) it really hasn't made any difference in our blood work or our weight.

My husband asked me tonight to make a doctor's appt., get my blood levels rechecked and start taking medication if they are too high. He's afraid I'm going to die of a heart attack. I told him I'd make a doctor's appt. mid-November and if my numbers are still high, I'll give in and start taking medication.

I am starting now to cut out ALL animal products and oil to get my weight, cholesterol and blood sugar down to healthy levels so I can prove to him that diet can replace pills.

So I've got two months to make a difference.

Has anyone seen big changes in their blood work after switching to a plant-based diet?
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:03 AM   #2  

Have you checked out the engine 2 diet book and website? Even their Facebook page has oodles of people that say after a plant based diet they had remarkable results. Check out the work of Caldwell esselstyn, t Colin Campbell, dr John mccdougall and I know there are a few otherS. I've been plant based for three weeks now and I've noticed remarkable changes.

I leave you with this...food can be the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.
amylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #3  

IMO, you should take medicine along with it and then decrease it gradually. I had high cholesterol levels almost an year before. I took proper medication and now I am free of that.
fatsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Just watched forks over knives and Engine 2 and I am a convert. I had given up dairy but was still eating egg whites and chicken ocassional and olive oil. I don't think the switch over completely is going to be too tough. Keep it simple. I NEVER thought anything I'd see about meat would change my mind but those heart studies are irrefutable proof, huh?!!!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #5  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

Yes, amylou, I have read articles by Caldwell Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, Dr. John mccdougall and they give me hope! My dr. appt. is Nov. 20. Excited to see what my blood work shows.

Kristen - Forks Over Knives was a great movie and a great book that keeps me turned off animal products is "Diet For a New America". Most people don't want to know where their food comes from or what factory-farmed animals lives are like or just how intelligent animals really are.

Last edited by sunshine; 10-12-2012 at 06:11 AM.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote