Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #1  

Default am I eating enough?

What i've ate yesterday (or consumed that had calories)

two pancakes (small, got from mcdonalds) (actually i don't normally eat breakfast, or pancakes, i know they're pretty empty calories)

a dark chocolate almond milk shake: (120 calories)

about half a cup-3/4 of a cup of my chipotle bowl (it's vegetarian, has black beans, brown rice, lettuce, and guacamole)

i didn't eat dinner.

normally i don't eat breakfast and eat something small like a one egg omelette for dinner.

i'm not trying to lose weight, actually. i'm just not hungry.
shortsthuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I find it difficult to believe you're a real person but you're also not obviously trolling ...

To answer your question the answer is it depends. "Enough" has many meanings depending on the context. In your case since you're not trying to lose weight and you weren't that hungry I'd say you did eat "enough".
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:41 PM   #3  

:O i'm not real? ouch.

i'm just trying to make sure i'm getting enough nutrition or something. people have started to get on me about it. so yeah.

this is pretty much what i'm eating on a daily basis now.

however this only recently started, maybe three weeks ago or so. i just lost my appetite.

Last edited by shortsthuff; 09-13-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

Height: 5'2"

Based on your food log (and especially since you are not trying to lose weight), I would say that you are 1) not taking in enough calories and 2) not getting enough nutrients/balanced enough diet.

Are you drinking a lot of "diet" beverages or coffee that would be curbing your hunger? If so, try switching to water.

I would suggest seeing a doctor to discuss the situation since your loss of appetite is fairly recent.
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:07 PM   #5  

i'm actually drinking about 10 glasses of water a day. (I have migraine issues)

but i didn't start being constant with drinking it every day until about the beginning of this time period.

guess i should start eating breakfast.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #6  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsthuff View Post
:O i'm not real? ouch.

i'm just trying to make sure i'm getting enough nutrition or something. people have started to get on me about it. so yeah.
Right - except this is the specific weight loss support section of a forum that is about weight loss and you specifically mention you're not trying to lose weight.

Thus - I'd assume you're trolling or getting ready to except that you're not obviously trolling.

In any case - I'd agree you should talk to a doctor.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:19 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

You're eating way too much
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
You're eating way too much

*IF* this is even a legit question. . . You can answer this question yourself. If you do not want to lose weight, yet you ARE, obvioulsy you are not eating enough. If you are not losing weight, and you aren't suffering any other ill effects from your current diet, then ya you're eating enough.

And I agree that you should see a doctor.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

have bigger portions
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #10  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Pancakes are empty calories? Do what? I mean, sure, whole wheat pancakes are obviously better than regular pancakes, but there's still nutritional value there, right? -is confused-

Last edited by mimsyborogoves; 09-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #11  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

I'm thinking they mean as opposed to something with more protein, fruit/veg.. that type of thing.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #12  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
Pancakes are empty calories? Do what? I mean, sure, whole wheat pancakes are obviously better than regular pancakes, but there's still nutritional value there, right? -is confused-
Yes, empty calories by most standards. They are nutritionally devoid for being fairly energy dense (high calories but relatively poor nutrient content, with quickly metabolized components, to boot). They take up a bunch of calories without either nourishing you or staying with you. Most people eating pancakes will end up hungrier much more quickly after eating them than comparable calories of oatmeal/casserole/omelets/etc.

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 09-14-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #13  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

maybe this is just some confused person who wanted help, ill give the benefit of the doubt.

like another poster said, if you're losing weight without trying then you're probably not eating enough. if your weight is staying where you want it, you're probably fine. if you're never hungry or if eating makes your stomach hurt, go see a doctor.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Such a weird thread. I agree, it's hard to understand why someone not trying to lose weight would be on this forum.

But echoing Julia (that is, just in case this is a real question) then I would have to answer no, of course not. The menu you described is fairly nutritionally insufficient, not just in terms of calories. Sounds like a very unhealthy choice.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 23stone/17st11/11stone3

Height: 5'6''

I agree, strange thread. It's subjective about how much is enough. It doesn't matter if you are trying to lose weight, maintain weight, the foods you eat will affect your overall health sooner or later. One day's menu doesn't give us a whole picture of what you are trying to accomplish.

I am guessing here, but if you want to improve your health, eat real food as it is grown or living on the earth. Real food is not created in a factory.

You could be eating more fresh foods like raw veggies and fruit. Eat enough to feel satisfied. Foods like pancakes and chocolate shakes are really not going to get you far if that is all you eat. It's up to you to make the small amount that you eat to have the best nutritional impact.
mysleepingdragon is offline   Reply With Quote