Old 09-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default Daily Bites

I know I get ridiculously bored eating the same things day after day and seeing what other people eat often provides as a source of inspiration.

So, I was hoping maybe we could start posting what we're eating? This may serve as a means to gather new recipes, or even help us stay OP for the day. Calories Counters, Atkins, South Beach, etc. It doesn't matter what your plan is. Honestly, we all eat somethings that are in common. So, here's what I'm having today!

Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito -homemade with southwestern eggbeaters, 50% RF Cabot jalapeno cheese, spicy turkey sausage, peppers and mushrooms wrapped in a flour tortilla. (333 calories)
Snack: Greek Yogurt + Pear (240 calories)
Lunch: Low Carb High Fiber Tortilla, black beans, salsa, avocado & lime + a peach ( 439 calories)
Snack: Celery + Carrots + Feta Spread (135 calories)
Dinner: Cracker Cheesy Chicken, sweet potato fries w/ olive oil, steamed broccoli and whole grain roll w/ 1tbsp. light butter. (664)
Calorie Total = 1809
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/265/150

Height: 5"11

Hey I find that an excellent idea, as I too experiance being fed up with eating the same foods everytime.
I want to start calorie counting at some point, but start out now with just trying to eat healthy and watch the portion size. I tend to eat way to big portions and want to learn when I am not hungry anymore first.

So what I ate today:

Breakfast: Oats, dried fruits and almonds with some milk
Lunch: beef with onions, red and green beans and mushrooms with rice
Snack: A red bellpepper with some creamcheese
Dinner: wholegrain breadslices topped with salami, ham or creamcheese
Snack: half a cookie

The dinner is pretty common here in Germany, and it is in no way comparable to the typical american sandwich, since the topping is really thin.
Well still some room to improve, I definitely want to incorporate more fruit and veggies.
schlauerKeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #3  
Pottymouth

S/C/G: 182.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I like this idea but I can't tell you what I'm going to eat today (I don't plan that stuff in advance I just kind of eat whatever sounds good when it sounds good if I've got calories left in my budget. If I planned out in advance and forced myself to eat the stuff I planned I know I wouldn't be happy and would rebel. I'm a kind of natural grazer anyway). But I'll be happy to tell you what I ate yesterday

Kashi Cinnamon harvest cereal and skim milk (248 cal)
Kind yogurt almond apricot bar (210 cal)
Chobani strawberry yogurt (140 cal)
Meatless burrito (boca "meat" crumbles prepared with taco seasoning, vegetarian refried beans, and 1/4 cup of mexican cheese served upon a 100 calorie high fiber/protein tortilla with lettuce) (450 cal)
Salad with 2 tbsp light dressing (70 cal)
homemade fruit salad (120 cal)

Daily total 1238
TraumaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #4  
Sassafrass

TraumaNurse - what brand is the 100 calorie high fiber/protein tortilla ?
Old 09-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/150/130

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Some things that we eat reguarly are

breakfast taco- eggs, morning star breakfast patty cut up, RF pepper jack cheese on wheat tortilla.

Vegan chili- diced tomatoes (low sodium), one can tomato sauce (low sodium), quorn meatless grounds, onion, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, spicy mrs. dash, frozen corn, black beans (low sodium) and red beans (low sodium) put in slow cooker or in a pot and let cook until flavors come together. I sometimes eat this with fat free sour cream, brown rice..

special k
fiber one bars
kashi bars
sweet potato french fries, we buy spicy ones
lots of veggies..
turkey sasuages
morning star burgers/chicken sandwitches

I can not really type out my typical day because I eat what I want really lol

Last edited by Ash2007; 09-10-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Ash2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #6  
Pottymouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
TraumaNurse - what brand is the 100 calorie high fiber/protein tortilla ?
Now that I'm actually looking at the wrapper since you asked I guess it's not actually that high in protein ( I don't know why I thought they were lol must be my mind playing tricks)... It's the la tortilla factory one 100 calorie smart and delicious. Probably the same ones you have. 100 cals, 1.5 g fat, 8 g fiber, 5 g protein, and 24 g of carbs.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #7  
Sassafrass

I really hoping this catches on... hint hint lol

Breakfast: Einstein's Plain Bagel w/ RF Cream Cheese & Melon Salad (366)
Snack: 1/2 c. Raspberries + Planter's Nut-rition Energy Mix (222)
Lunch: Greek Salad w/ feta, artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, banana peppers; light ceasar dressing, cottage cheese and tuna. (453)
Snack: Pretzels & Guacamole (210)
Dinner: Shrimp, Chicken, Broccoli, Light Butter, and Pasta w/ garlic and herbs. (510)

Grand Total: 1771 calories

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 09-11-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #8  
Pottymouth

I'll jump in somuchfattitude! Yesterday I ate

3/4 All Bran complete wheat flakes (90 cals)
3/4 cup skim milk (68 cals)
1/2 cup raspberries (32 cals)

Greek yogurt (60 cals) with SF pudding mixed in (25 cals)
2 boca sausages (80 cals)
a small banana (90 cals)
No sugar added pear cup (40 cals)
1/4 cup blueberries (21 cals)

String cheese (50 cals)
Soy Crisps (120 cals)

Morningstar farms egg cheese and "sausage" biscut (so good!) (270 cals)

Boca cheeseburger (100 cals)
Sandwhich thin (100 cals)
Ketchup, reduced fat mayo, and lettuce (75)

Daily total....1221 cals. Did not do too hot at getting my veggies in whoops...Can you tell I'm a grazer and just grab small things to munch on all day?

Last edited by TraumaNurse; 09-11-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #9  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I don't think I'll post all my food here, but I can drop by when I have something I really like.

Today's lunch:
Butterball Turkey Dinner Sausage (comes in 2 large kielbasa sized links) cooked in a skillet with nothing added - only used 1 portion (1/7th of the package, 100 cal) in the meal
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Sauce (from a jar. I can look up the brand if anyone wants)
Steamed Broccoli

I cooked everything and mixed it all together. It is a wonderful italian inspired dish that is very low in cal but it fills me up. I am trying to avoid most carbs and I don't feel like I miss the pasta in this dish. I season to taste with ground black pepper, garlic powder, fiery pepper blend, etc. I have also added cheese to this in the past, but I don't feel like it needs it at all.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #10  
Sassafrass

TraumaNurse - I am trying to graze more. I just incorporated eating snacks into my diet since I'm bumping up my calories.

I looked for these Soy Crisps, but couldn't find them. What brand?
Old 09-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #11  
Pottymouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMuchFattitude View Post
TraumaNurse - I am trying to graze more. I just incorporated eating snacks into my diet since I'm bumping up my calories.

I looked for these Soy Crisps, but couldn't find them. What brand?
I just buy the store brand ones (I shop at Meijer its a big midwestern grocery superstore kind of thing like walmart but WAY better). Not sure if they have them near you at all-probably not but I would think most grocery stores would carry them.

I found them in the "salty snacks" aisle they're right next to the rice cakes. If you still can't find them maybe ask your regular store if they would consider stocking them (not sure what any "name brand" ones would be as I usually buy the store brand for everything except my beloved diet coke and cereals). I bet you could find some on amazon too (I find it crazy how much food is on there!)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #12  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Hey everyone! I'll join. I love new ideas for food.

My breakfasts are usually any of these foods, either alone or some combination of these items:
Eggs, cereal(I like to get cereal from the organic section and I try to pick one that has less than 7gs sugar per serving. I also look for whole GRAIN not whole wheat. Grains keep me fuller longer), Pancakes!(I have been eating buckwheat pancakes with pumpkin puree added to the mix and topped with sugar free whipped cream, sprinkled with cinnamon), toast. I use unsweetened almond milk for my cereal.

For lunch I like: Sandwiches, either turkey, ham or tuna. I like Silver Hills Hearty Hardy Harvest sprouted whole grain bread. It's higher in cals but so filling and delicious! I also will sometimes buy Amy's Kitchen soups. There's a few where the whole can is under 200 cals, but watch out for the sodium!

For dinner I have so many favorites:
Chicken Spaghetti! I love replacing beef with chicken in my spaghetti. I prefer the tast, but not everyone will like it. It's low calorie and super filling.

Tuna casserole. Just be light on the cheese. I used to mix cheese throughout the mix and then top with cheese, now I just top the noodles with a layer of cheese.

Chicken tacos! I love chicken.

Quinoa, cooked in veggie broth with sauted mushrooms. I sauted the mushrooms in olive oil and garlic before mixing it.

Cheesey chicken noodles. I don't know what a better name would be for them. I use rice noodles, mix in a tablespoon of olive oil, pepper, chicken and feta cheese. The feta cheese is pretty low cal for the taste.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #13  
Sassafrass

Breakfast: Breakfast Burrito (338)
Snacks: Greek Yogurt (140)
Lunch: Tuna, Lettuce, Balsamic Vin Dressing (213)
Snack: Hummus & Blue Corn Tortilla Chips (350)
Dinner: Longhorns - side salad w/ rv, wild rice pilaf, broccoli and salmon and glass of wine (931)

Total: 1972

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 09-13-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #14  
Pottymouth

All bran and milk (135 cals)
Store brand high fiber peanut butter granola bar (150)
2 boca sausages (80 cal)
Vegetarian baked beans (130 cals)
Soy Crisps (120 cals)
Lean Cuisine pizza (310 cals)- I was just too lazy to cook with all this studying
String cheese (50 cals)
Carrot sandwich (200 cals) I take a sandwich thin and an ounce of low fat cream cheese that I mix a tbsp of powdered ranch dressing or dill dip mix into. Then I put carrots and lettuce in between. Weird I know but I love my carrot sandwiches
No sugar added fruit cup (40 cals)
100 cal pack of chocolate covered pretzels (100 cals)

Total 1315 cals
Old 09-13-2012, 08:22 AM   #15  
Sassafrass

Breakfast: Burrito (338)
Snack: greek yogurt, blackberries (186)
Lunch: Multi grain rice, shrimp, broc, chicken, light butter (334)
Snack: celery, carrots feta cheese spread and nitro protein powder (260)
Pre-cycle: Clif Bar (130)
Dinner: Jason's Deli Nutty Mixed Up Salad w/ Low Fat Ranch (530)

Total: 1828

OMG SO HUNGRY TODAY.....

Last edited by SoMuchFattitude; 09-14-2012 at 07:26 AM.