Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Going on vacation; need ideas!!

Good morning!

I woke up this am with a sense of panic, we are going to LA (mainly Disneyland) and we leave in 1 week!! I think I didn't expect the program to work, so I wasn't really worrying about quitting for our trip when I started IP. To be truthful, that was my plan oh the chagrin I feel now!!

I averaging 3.5lbs loss each week and I REALLY don't want to backtrack

Sooo, we have always been good at bringing our own snacks, but I am concerned with lunches at the park. I have not pre made any of the packets yet, so please tell me, what works made ahead or how can I alter them to work or are there alternatives I could easily buy at a store when we get there?

And how the heck do I get all my veggies in?? I guess I could be a dehydrating fool until then

Thanks for any help. Jenn
Im escaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi I'm escaping,

I just love Disneyland. The good thing about Disney is that you can get salads, so if you can bring your own individual dressings (Walden Farms), you should be ok with veggies, esp. if you have some dehydrated. Bring some easy to carry protein bars and drinks. Most of all just think about 1 day at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.
I am going to San Fran the beginning of Oct. and if you have been there, it is the City of good food. Last year when I went (hubby's Oracle conf.) I found a Thai restaurant that made me what veggies I wanted with either shrimp or chicken and I ate their 4 of the 7 nights and didn't mind at all. I was able to stay OP the whole time. This year I am a little worried, as my will power is not as strong, but I am going to take 1 day at a time.

Enjoy your vacation!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi I'm escaping,

I just love Disneyland. The good thing about Disney is that you can get salads, so if you can bring your own individual dressings (Walden Farms), you should be ok with veggies, esp. if you have some dehydrated. Bring some easy to carry protein bars and drinks. Most of all just think about 1 day at a time so you don't get overwhelmed.
I am going to San Fran the beginning of Oct. and if you have been there, it is the City of good food. Last year when I went (hubby's Oracle conf.) I found a Thai restaurant that made me what veggies I wanted with either shrimp or chicken and I ate their 4 of the 7 nights and didn't mind at all. I was able to stay OP the whole time. This year I am a little worried, as my will power is not as strong, but I am going to take 1 day at a time.

Enjoy your vacation!
I'm from San Francisco, and yes it is foodie heaven for sure. They have some wonderful fish restaurants, especially down on the wharf. Just stay out of all of the wonderful Italian restaurants and tell the waiters, "NO SOURDOUGH!" I'm going home at the end of the month, so I feel your pain. However you will be fine, just keep your eye on the prize... you.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
Good morning!

I woke up this am with a sense of panic, we are going to LA (mainly Disneyland) and we leave in 1 week!! I think I didn't expect the program to work, so I wasn't really worrying about quitting for our trip when I started IP. To be truthful, that was my plan oh the chagrin I feel now!!

I averaging 3.5lbs loss each week and I REALLY don't want to backtrack

Sooo, we have always been good at bringing our own snacks, but I am concerned with lunches at the park. I have not pre made any of the packets yet, so please tell me, what works made ahead or how can I alter them to work or are there alternatives I could easily buy at a store when we get there?

And how the heck do I get all my veggies in?? I guess I could be a dehydrating fool until then

Thanks for any help. Jenn
You can always order salads in the park, just bring some WF dressing packets with you. Also most places sell burgers, so just leave off the bun. When I've traveled on IP I generally bounce back and fourth between phase 1 and 2 as lunch is easier on phase 2 when traveling. That way I know I won't go off plan or gain weight. When we go out for breakfast I generally just bring a bar with me and order a cup of tea. You can do it and have fun. We haven't been to Disneyland in about 6 years and I miss it. We should have gone one more time before leaving CA.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

You two have made me feel better already...because I can't imagine going to San Fran!! Oh the food there!

If you are strong enough to handle that I can power through the happiest place on earth. Lol Jenn
Im escaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #6  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

I am also from Alberta and we just came back from Disney a few weeks ago. For breakfast I had a IP drink and the kids and hubby had breakfast at our hotel it was a buffet style. For Lunch I had a Drink or Pudding or Bar with a side salad I bought there (there food is actually cheap in the park) then for Supper we went to Ihop or Dennys or one of the restaurants across the street from the park and I tried to stay on plan then for late snack I usually had a bar if I didnt at lunch or a drink (the IP drinks were my best friend) We were there for a week and when I came back I had still lost 2 pounds according to my scale plus I had my fitbit(pedometer) on and averaged 25000 steps a day we did Disneyland 4 days and 1 day universal studios, 1 day sea world, and 1 day a whale watching tour. Good Luck and have fun!!!!
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote