Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #1  
Started IP 6/22/12

Question Tips for meeting daily water requirement

Hi all! I am just over 2 months into the program and have recently been having more trouble getting the daily water requirement in. Some days I feel extra bloated drinking so much water and some days I'm just not hungry or thirsty for it. I'm sure someone has probably posted about this before so I apologize if tips have already been shared but I did a google search and couldn't find much. I know how important it is to get all of the water in and still force myself to but if anyone has ideas to make it easier or strategies they use to get it all in easily I'd love to hear them!
nolegirl150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

I struggled with it in the beginning aswell. But I just realized recently how much faster the weight drops when you get that water in.

I find if you space it out throughly it doesn't seem as much, however on that note I've always been one who has an entire fridge stocked with water and when I run out i make sure to grab another, so theres ALWAYS one there.

Sometimes it's easier if you add some lemon to it, or cucumber/mint. Changes the taste up a bit, and I find if I drink a full glass before and after meals it helps fill me up while gettign water in at the same time.

Sorry I'm not much help, it's one of those things you just got to adapt to. Don't "chug" it but its always handy to have a water bottle near by. My mom tracks hers and tries to drink 3 of her large bottles of day. Seems to work for her.
nightprowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #3  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

For some reason, I can only drink water out of a plastic bottle. If I try to drink water out of a glass, it always tastes off to me. The only way I get my water in is to keep track of how many bottles I've had for the day. My goal is five, and I usually get there.

Please note- I am very careful to recycle them. I even carry them home from work when I am in the office, because the recycling bin there is always full of things that don't belong, and I don't trust that they are really being recycled. And I do refill them a few times before I dispose of them for good.
GoalFor40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #4  
Keeping it real!

S/C/G: 40/31/30 waist inches!

Height: 5' 4"

I find if I start real early, I keep my thirst. If I wait then I'm not as thirsty. Strange but true. I also do the "carry a bottle with me everywhere" and refill it. I can't stand water out of a glass, it must be a bottle no larger than 20 oz or it feels likes I'm going to drown before I finish it. I always take the opportunity to drink at least 14 oz with my vitamins also, that helps put a dent in it
healthyangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #5  
Keeping it real!

Oh - I also drink about 1/2 of the premade mango drink and refill it with water - any of the stronger drinks, this will work.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 226/226/155

Height: 5'3"

I have a bottle that I know 2 and 1/2 of it equals the amount I need to get in each day. I set a goal for myself to drink one full bottle before lunch. That way I know I am almost half way there early in the day. I am thirstier at night than in the morning so it can be tough at times. I usually like drinks really cold but I have found that it is easier to get my water in the morning if it is only cool not on ice. Mio, a liquid water enhancer, can help also. If I go out to eat I always order a glass of water along with my ice tea. I have to drink the water first to have the tea. Just a few tricks that have helped me. Good luck.
Lotsahope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #7  
Keeping it real!

Speaking of water - I bought some "ICE" today, it was by the WF stuff in the store. It's all 0's but has sucralose in it. Do you know if we can have it and does it count towards a water?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

EAT SPiCY FOODS!!

seriously!! i always add red pepper flakes to all my soups!!
eat curry, jalapenos, hot sauce...etc....

it helps me!!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I find I drink a LOT of water when I eat, so I always have a big, full bottle with me. I have a plastic powerade zero bottle that I keep refilling. It's 32 ounces and I easily drink 2-4 of those a day.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #10  

Luckily my work has a bunch of water filtration systems all over. I fill it up every time I go by one. Love cold water!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

If you drink the puddings as shakes you get an extra 8-10 oz per shake...
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
If you drink the puddings as shakes you get an extra 8-10 oz per shake...
That's true too! I add in a lot more water and then like 10 ice cubes in a blender.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I have a few big water bottles and a few 22 ounce? blender bottles. The IP bottles are fine for cooking and I have a spare at work. But I like using the big blender bottles as a water bottle and as a bottle to mix my shakes. Right now I have a 40 ounce water bottle on my desk, it is 1149 and I just finished my first 40 ounces of the day.

usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #14  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolegirl150 View Post
Hi all! I am just over 2 months into the program and have recently been having more trouble getting the daily water requirement in. Some days I feel extra bloated drinking so much water and some days I'm just not hungry or thirsty for it. I'm sure someone has probably posted about this before so I apologize if tips have already been shared but I did a google search and couldn't find much. I know how important it is to get all of the water in and still force myself to but if anyone has ideas to make it easier or strategies they use to get it all in easily I'd love to hear them!
I drink a gallon of water a day. For me, I drink at 16.9 oz. bottle with my breakfast, and continue throughout the day, drinking a bottle every 1 to 1/2 hours. by 7pm or so, I have 8 bottles down, so there;s my gallon. I drink the whole bottle at one time, thirsty or not. I have to modify timing sometimes if I;m on the road for work, for obvious reasons. the proximity to the bathroom is the only mitigating issue, at times!!! lolol I also track all my intake (water and food) on Myfitnesspal iphone app, which helps me keep track. And one more thing- being a collector and blogger about hotsauce and spicy food, I loved the SPICY FOOD answer!!!! lolol
well hydrated,
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #15  

What helped me was making sure I had 16 ounces every time I ate. I had an actual glass at home that had a mark on it for 16 ounces. It's easy to drink once big glass down when eating. Aside from that I had a 24 ounce water bottle that I made sure to drink by the end of the day as well.

Of course, sometimes water just gets over done. I add a little flavoring (lemon or lime juice) for those days.
Heartless Harlot is offline   Reply With Quote