Old 09-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5,7"

Default Starting from the begining soon

But, until then I am going to follow Wave 2. I have to wait for shopping day to start Wave 1 (again).

I had started the Sonoma Diet last Aug and lost 30 lbs in that month, but didn't stick to it after. Now, I am changing other lifestyle habits, so it might be easier to stick to. I have about 75 lbs to lose altogether to reach my 175 first major goal, after that I will see how I feel about my weight and size.

I will post my menus (and recipes if anyone asks) a few days at a time, and weight-ins.
fyrfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250

Height: 5,7"

Default today and tomorrow

Today's (9/4)menu:

breakfast; eggs, toast 1t butter
snack; coffee 2T milk, 1t splenda
lunch; crab salad wrap (ww tortilla)
snack; 1/2c greek yogurt, 5 strawberries, 1t splenda
dinner; fajitas (4oz chicken, 1/3 bell pepper, 1/2 onion, 1 ww tortilla), tex-mex salad

tomorrow's (9/5) menu:

breakfast; ww waffle (homemade) 2t strawberry preserves, 8 oz milk
snack; coffee, 2T milk, 1t splenda
lunch: 1c greek yogurt, 1 1/2t splenda, 10 strawberries
snack; string cheese, 1c cucumbers
dinner; chicken salad, 1 sl whole wheat toast

Last edited by fyrfli; 09-05-2012 at 04:09 PM.
fyrfli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #3  
A Long Journey

S/C/G: 222/222/132

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi!

Today was my first official day on the Sonoma Diet. I ordered the book from Amazon for just a few dollars with the hopes of it not being something I give up on so easily. So far the things I like best about it are:

1. The recipes use ingredients I already have on hand.
2. I know right from the start the time it will take to prepare the meal, how many servings are in the recipe and te exact size of the serving.
3. I know the time it will take to prepare the recipe so I can plan better.

Today is day 1 for me and I plan to follow the meu the book provides exactly with a few echanges (like feta cheese instead of blue cheese for the wraps). I like this option as many times the "diet"will be explained to you but then it is up to you to decide how to plan your menu. But once I get into it and try the various recipes, I know I will find my favorites and incorporate those more often. Don't get me wrong. I love to cook, but right now I just want a guided menu and not have to think about what's for dinner.

Today and this evening, I made all the recipes for day 1 and I am very satisfied. I loved the flavors of the recipes. I am not stocking up on ver single ingredient, for all the recipes at once. As the store is nearby, I am filing in the gaps of things I don't have the day before. Like this afternoon I reviewed the menu for tomorrow and I went and picked up the things I needed. That helps just in case something comes up and I will not be home to prepare the meal, I will not have wasted the food. Stockpiling groceries I think is a very Americanized thing. It is my understanding that Europeans have small fridges and buy fresh ingredients as needed.

Well I know it will be a long road ahead for me. Overall I need to lose about 90 lbs. But that sounds so overwhelming to think about, so I want to focus 10lbs at a time. About every 10-13lbs I would be going down a size, so that gives me a small goal to work towards. So there it is.....I hope you are doing well on this new venture.

Last edited by PeuAPeu; 09-09-2012 at 10:22 PM.
PeuAPeu is offline   Reply With Quote