Old 09-04-2012, 02:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/120/105

Height: 5'0" on a good day :)

Default Newbie requiring IP options for soy and sucralose/splenda restrictions

Hello everyone!

I am new here and am inspired by the posts I have read .

I will be starting IP this week (1st meeting is tomorrow) but have strict no-soy, no sucralose/splenda requirements. Will I still have many options on the IP program? I found threads that addressed no-soy diets but none that also took into consideration the sucralose. Please help.

I really want to do this...I just need advice and direction. I know I'll get more info tomorrow during my meeting, but I wanted to go in already having information and tips.

Thanks in advance!
ablever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

here is a thread that has a list of the soy-free products from IP...i don't know about sucralose free but this should help narrow the list

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...can-i-eat.html
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:54 PM   #3  

Default Thanks!

Thank you soooo much for your reply...and more importantly for your support!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #4  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablever View Post

... have strict no-soy, no sucralose/splenda requirements. Will I still have many options on the IP program? ...
ablever, did you find any products with this dual restrictions? I have been eating no soy protein ones, but I still have issues (the big D)... I think it may be sucralose...
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

With no soy and no sucralose ip foods would be very limited....

There are whey powders available elsewhere that are unsweetened (not too tasty) or sweetened with stevia.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #6  

Welcome

Go to the Sticky thread here and start at about the 5th post. You'll find nutritional info pdfs for almost all of the IP products. It should help you narrow down the sucralose info. Just start your own list or share it back so others can also benefit
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Welcome

Go to the Sticky thread here and start at about the 5th post. You'll find nutritional info pdfs for almost all of the IP products. It should help you narrow down the sucralose info. Just start your own list or share it back so others can also benefit
Is there a method how to view them so that I can actually read them? When I click on them, in the new window they are small....if I zoom in, all I get is a larger blur...
Old 10-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
ablever, did you find any products with this dual restrictions? I have been eating no soy protein ones, but I still have issues (the big D)... I think it may be sucralose...
Hi,

I am having a difficult time avoiding both. My choices were very limited. I have tried some of the "very little soy" products, the ones with soybean oil or soy lecithin but no isolated soy proteins.

Basically, these are the packets that I have done week after week:

Plain omelet
Herb and cheese omelet
Broccoli and cheese soup
Potato puree
BBQ ridges
White cheddar ridges
Salt & vinegar ridges

I stayed away from all other products from the first month. I recently spoke with a regional manager for IP products that offered some samples of the soy and sucralose packets to try. He also supplied (through the clinic) and referenced some IP literature about the quality of soy and the minimal amounts of sucralose in the products. I did try some packets but didn't feel great afterwards...I got slight headaches and couple of times had indigestion or stomachaches. Both were mild but still realize that my body is saying a big, "No, thank you." I guess I could do it once in a while for variety but not daily. So the packets listed above have been my staples.

It's not to difficult to follow with such limited selections...I end up just changing things up with veggies for variety.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Is there a method how to view them so that I can actually read them? When I click on them, in the new window they are small....if I zoom in, all I get is a larger blur...
OH. I see what you mean. Those aren't .pdfs those are .jpg files. Blowing them up causes them to pixellate.

Try here
(I googled Ideal Protein Nutritional Labels)
Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablever View Post
Hi,

Plain omelet
Herb and cheese omelet
Broccoli and cheese soup
Potato puree
BBQ ridges
White cheddar ridges
Salt & vinegar ridges
I checked the nutritional sheets that Lisa provided the links to, and Chicken Noodle Soup also has no soy protein (or sucralose). I haven't tried that one yet. But the BBQ ridges do have some soy protein, although it is listed towards the end of the list...they don't bother you?

I wish Raspberry gelatin was sucralose-free, because I love it! Or at least have 1 sweet thing without sucralose and soy protein, it would work fine for me with just one sweet thing and broccoli-cheese soup, and an occasional white cheddar ridges...

Thanks!

Last edited by learning to fly; 10-13-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: to embolden the product names for easy referrence
Old 10-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #11  

There are alternatives sweetened with stevia or ace-k
Old 10-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
There are alternatives sweetened with stevia or ace-k
Thanks Lisa, for the link, and for this suggestion... I have been thinking though, after I posted that last comment, that maybe I am better off not taking any artificial sweeteners, unless I feel a major craving or something. Perhaps I'll look up a non-soy protein powder in my local health food store, something sweetened with stevia or with the other, ace-k. I read some thread here on page 151 or something, someone said there they find Truvia tastes more like sugar than stevia does. Maybe I'll give that a try... Otherwise, I think I'll try having only savory foods and see if maybe I won't need the sweet taste any more after a few days.... Or at least until I reach my goal
Old 10-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #13  

Oh, yes, chicken noodle is on my list of approved packets. When I want something sweet, which amazingly hasn't been too often on IP, I sweeten up some rhubarb or make Lizrr's sweet fauxtato pie. So I get my sweet tooth fix more through veggies than the packets.

I use Sweet Leaf stevia. Truvia is not the best choice because it is not just pure stevia. It has a sugar alcohol (erythritol) with stevia and has 3 carbs per packet.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233/157.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Did anyone find the happy medium on the sucralose-free/soy-free IP plan? I am trying and my coach has been incredibly supportive, but the soy is really the option killer...
hopeisallthereis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #15  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeisallthereis View Post
Did anyone find the happy medium on the sucralose-free/soy-free IP plan? I am trying and my coach has been incredibly supportive, but the soy is really the option killer...
Here's the link to the chart Avalon did that shows which products have soy in them.

https://mindstar.com/scratch/IP_Ingredients.xls

I don't know of a chart that lists which have sucralose, you may have to read the ingredients individually.

Several posters have soy sensitivities (I have to be careful and limit them somewhat) and I'm sure some will chime in with good advice.

You might also check out the "alternatives" thread. Maybe a mix of IP and alternatives would give you a good variety.

Good luck!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote