General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 4'-11 3/4"

Default Eat more in the morning?

Hi guys,

I am curious if it's better to eat a larger breakfast and lunch, and hardly anything for dinner? I mean throughout the day you are burning more calories right?I find that I get really tired if I eat too little breakfast and lunch, and I don't like to feel bloated before I go to bed.

Please help, I am a noob.
hardworkwillpayoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

The best thing is to do what works for your body. If you're eating in the morning because you're hungry and you can't sleep at night with a big meal in your belly, then that works for you!

You don't need to do what everyone else does, but rather what works for your body and your weightloss.
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/170/145

Height: 5"3 1/2"

I find that I try to eat smaller meals at breakfast and lunch. Then I eat bigger meal for dinner. I am not sure if this is the right or wrong way, but I tend to be hungry or bored eat in the evening. This allows me some extra WW points for evening snack.
lorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #4  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

I know people who are finished eating by 3pm. Their bodies prefer to eat all of their calories early in the day and then are not hungry at all during the evening.

Others hate the idea of breakfast and prefer to eat all of their calories at night.

It really depends on what works for you and when you are hungry.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 150/150/120

Height: 4'-11 3/4"

Does your body burn as much calories when you are sleeping though? I just figure that what you eat will be used for energy.
hardworkwillpayoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I agree with other posters: there is no "wrong" or "right" way to eat, just what works for you. If you find eating a larger breakfast helps, then do it! If you don't find it works for you, then don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candeka View Post
I know people who are finished eating by 3pm. Their bodies prefer to eat all of their calories early in the day and then are not hungry at all during the evening.

Others hate the idea of breakfast and prefer to eat all of their calories at night.

It really depends on what works for you and when you are hungry.
In an ideal world I would be done eating by 3pm, with maybe a small snack in the evening. When I'm off living on my own that's probably what I'm going to do.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210

Height: 5,6

Calories are calories its really up to you.. Just make it healthy.. I usually eat a big breakfast and lunch and snacks. My dinner is light by 5pm I am done eating and ready to go to bed..
savynaturalista is offline   Reply With Quote