Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-02-2012, 06:56 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default September Chat

It's a new month, please join us if you need some commiseration or just a hug

I'm continuing on my good streak, no bad episodes for a long time

Labor Day weekend, and as usual I'm celebrating by working every day. I'm glad I have a job, I'm glad I have a job My head almost popped yesterday from built-up steam from my inconsiderate co-worker who cannot stop chattering. I feel that no matter how I approach this, he will act wounded if I ask him to stop distracting me from my work.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #2  
Starting Again

S/C/G: 202/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for starting a new thread Vermont. I'm off from my part-time job tomorrow but did work today as part of the holiday weekend. That's retail for ya. Still no full time job yet but I may have an interview this week. Glad to hear that you are still feeling good.
hope4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

AHH The days just roll past and it hits me I haven't been on here

I must say things have been better. Even though there has been some stress and things going on I am still doing better. I feel like I am slowly moving/growing whatever you want to call it! I think since things have been exposed I have been able to move forward. LIke I snack a little bit at night kinda nibble just out of boredom but before I was stuffing myself at night like to the point of sick... I haven't been strict with myself about it...which has made it better. Every time I tell myself no I end up doing what I said I wasn't going to do.
I have been straightening things up before I go to bed more than I usually do cause I hate waking up behind. Since we were camping for several days I was in the sun and boy can I feel the boost of energy. But I started taking 6,000 IU of vitamin D like a month ago cause 2,000 wasn't cutting it. Now if I go to bed around a normal time (before midnight..not like tonight..I am finishing laundry!) I am able to be up around 7:30 and be functional...which is HUGE for me!

The anger is going away...a little snappy cause TOM is standing at my door knocking haha!!

Still trying to get the eating and the exercising under control. Tonight while waiting for Nathans football I took the kids to a park and then we walked the trails in the park. I have to face it I have four kids I cant go seclude myself for hours a day just to work out...I have to include them which honestly I NEED TO! They need the activeness as much as me!!

OK well I MUST get back to laundry...it is going to be the death of me...but I am down to matching two kids clothes and then fold mine and I am done!!! Tomorrow I will be finishing up the school room so we can start school as soon as the kids stuff arrives! Also my mom is coming in on the 15th!!! First time she will be out here so EVERYTHING must be unpacked and IN ORDER, and CLEAN...you get the picture...she is OCD!!! She will be living with us for a week so that will be a change never had her stay overnight!!! We can't wait to see her it has been 4 months since we have seen her (other than skype) The longest the kids have went without seeing her! They miss her desperately!!

IM DONE FOR REAL!!! OH...last thing..I put my scale away! I know if I am doing good or bad...I know if I am eating clean or not...I know if my pants are tight or lose...I don't need a number to tell me that and just frustrate me even more...so its away and I feel a weird freedom...Once I go down in pant size I will weigh in and update it but no more every other day crap just because its in the bathroom!!! WHEW!!! LATA LADIES!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

I've been struggling a lot lately. With weight loss, school and socially. My social anxiety seems to have reached a bad level.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #5  
on a journey

Hello ladies. I wanted to check in. I can't believe Sept is here already. I love this time of year. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year.

I am still struggling but not as much as I was. The Dr upped my Buspar and put me on another med to help with the anxiety. Between the 2 meds, I am just and I mean just starting to feel a bit stronger. I worked 2 days this week and I'm not collapsed on the couch fast asleep, wrung out. I'm awake and alert, tired but still pretty happy with how the day went. I still have a full day on Friday to get through and 2 hours to work tomorrow. I am taking it one day at a time.

As you all can tell, I don't talk about my weight. Honestly, I have been so sick, my weight hasn't even been on my mind much. I haven't been gaining which is all I care about, at this point. I only weigh in when I go to the Dr. When I get this anxiety problem stablized and I feel strong, then I will start to confront my weight again.

I hope you all are ok.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 09-05-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: wanted to add more
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:17 PM   #6  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Default Windy September Day

So, I went out for my interval walk workout and had do to the first half of it walking/speed walking into the wind. God's little extra challenge. I had a hard time getting motivated to really pick up the pace so I did what I use to do as a little kid. I used my imagination to make up a scenario where someone's life rested on my ability to go as fast as I could. Cheesy, I know, but suspending belief and setting aside woe-is-me-mode is sometimes the only way I can stay on track.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #7  

I find that it helps to run at a high pace. Sometimes my social anxiety makes me feel so "in my head" it's nice to do something so physically demanding that I don't have any energy to use my brain.

My major issue is social anxiety, which has led to genreal anxiety and some depression.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #8  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
I find that it helps to run at a high pace. Sometimes my social anxiety makes me feel so "in my head" it's nice to do something so physically demanding that I don't have any energy to use my brain.
I look forward to the day I can actually break into a flat-out run. At this point the best I can manage is a slow jog. The day is coming, though.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone! I'm new to this part of the forum. I had been on anti-depressants in high school (stopped them around 16) and got back on them about 2 weeks ago. I had been depressed for more than a year, but I thought that was just... how I was going to feel, and to get used to it. Well my doctor ended up suggesting I get back on an AD, and prescribed Effexor, which was a new one for me.

The first few days were hellish- I was SO NAUSEOUS! I'm still kind of nauseous but not as badly anymore. I don't feel much of a change otherwise, but I know I need to give it time. Although to be honest, I don't know what to even look for. I don't remember ever feeling "good", the most I ever got was "okay", so I don't know what "ok, this is good, lets stay at this med level" feels like.

On the plus side, being nauseous has killed my appetite, so the dieting is easier!
penmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #10  
on a journey

Welcome penmage. So glad you are here with us.

I am doing much better, everyone. The meds are finally starting to kick in. I am so very lucky, I feel like a new woman. I have been working both jobs for 2 weeks and that right there is a BIG stressor for me. I have been in good spirits but very tired.

I still have my anxious moments, I'm not totally 100% over the anxiety but I am 1000% better than I was before.

I hope you all are well and finding peace.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #11  

I'm feeling lost at the moment for lack of a better word. I don't know what I want to do with my life.
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 257/118/118

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
I'm feeling lost at the moment for lack of a better word. I don't know what I want to do with my life.
I'm in the same spot myself. My life has no purpose, I have no goals, I have no external motivation to do anything. I'm single, no kids, no friends. Basically I go to work, I come home, I do an exercise DVD, play Farmville, eat dinner, and go to bed.

I actually dread weekends because I have nothing to do.
txgeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgeekgirl View Post
I'm in the same spot myself. My life has no purpose, I have no goals, I have no external motivation to do anything. I'm single, no kids, no friends. Basically I go to work, I come home, I do an exercise DVD, play Farmville, eat dinner, and go to bed.

I actually dread weekends because I have nothing to do.
Single, no kids, no boyfriend, no friends here too...

I jog and do pilates. And spend way too much time online. It seems so empty to live in this way.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #14  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

Hey guys... I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news is that the week that your Father dies all food is low calorie and good for you. Even deep fried pickles and greasy burgers.

The bad news is that really isn't true and they still shoot through you like a bat outta ****. But it's nice to pretend that it is for a while.

Last edited by Aunty Jam; 09-15-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 246(s)/238(c)/130(g)

Height: 5'4"

Aunty Jam- Awww I am soo sorry!

Isabelle & Tx- I know that about every where I have lived there are places in need of volunteers. There are group homes, safe houses, Love Inc, ALL kinds of places that need someone to care enough to help. I am sure there is something around you that you have a passion for, kids, teens, elderly, autistic, etc... Maybe that would help. Because you will build connections and relationships with some people that maybe are struggling and need someone to really care about them! Just a thought!!

My mom is coming in the morning!! So excited. She will be here for a week! This is the longest my kids have been away from her so they are so excited too! It will be hard when she goes back home though!!
momof4under5 is offline   Reply With Quote