Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138/132.8/120

Height: 5'4"

Default In SUCH a good mood today!!!

I have been eating cleanly (currently weighing ~129-130) and took the dog on a 4.5 mile walk this morning. I am doing a Tough Mudder next weekend and am so excited. To top it all off, for my birthday present, my dad has committed to 3 weeks of a high protein/slow carb diet! He eats a ton of refined carbs and sugar (cookies, soda, etc.). My sister and I have been watching his waist expand and we are worried about him because we know that belly fat is the dangerous fat! We want him to live until he's 103. :-)

Just wanted to shout this out! Who else is feeling great today?
LovelyAndLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I feel great today...down 1.6 pounds !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:49 AM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I am feeling AWESOME today. Low weight today. Probably getting out of work a little early, made it to the gym every single morning this week, long weekend, and going to a BACON FESTIVAL on Sunday!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #4  
On the slow track.

S/C/G: 210/ticker/160

Height: 5'9

A Bacon Festival? That sounds FANTASTIC!
DietVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #5  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

My day is better knowing that bacon festivals apparently exist...

Great job on your progress and your success in getting your dad to adopt a healthier lifestyle! Good luck in the tough mudder--they sound super fun...if I could convince myself to start running, I'd totally sign up for a tough mudder and a zombie run...
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

That's awesome!

I'm having a great day because the too-tight size 8 jeans I bought are starting to fit more comfortably!!
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #7  
Maintaining since 2013

S/C/G: Sz 20/Sz 8/Maintain

Height: 5'11

I can just feel the positive energy coming from this thread!

I've never heard of a bacon festival! That's awesome. LOL My boyfriend would be there with bells on. If they made bacon-scented perfume he would probably buy it for me. haha

I too feel wonderful! I finally feel in control of my health. I'm now use to drinking water with my meals opposed to pop or high calorie juices. I'm working out every single day sometimes twice a day. I haven't had any sugar or junk all month and lastly I only use coconut oil to cook instead of veg. oil etc. In return I have clearer, softer skin, I'm sleeping better and I have more pep in my step.
SunnySide99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #8  
Health and Happiness

S/C/G: Restart May 2012: 206/161/fit

Height: 5'5"

This is amazing!

I feel great today. I've been astonished by that fact that as long as I keep my diet clean and workout hard I can say that almost everyday. Taking care of myself has changed my whole life by improving my mood and outlook. I love myself more and have become a much more pleasant person to be around. I've stopped using my weight as an excuse not to live my life to the fullest.

Plus my body has changed rapidly. And I feel like I'm banging out my workouts instead of struggling through them. And I can't even remember the last time I felt my normally out of control binge impulses strike. It's been at least a month, maybe even two since I've had anything close to a binge. I finally feel like I have control over my life and not like a slave to the junk food roller coaster.
GardenBurglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
LOL!

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotaruchan View Post
This!

Thanks for the kind words and this whole thread makes me smile. :-)

Ironically, I just got a huge plate of vegetable medley (cooked red/green peppers, asparagus, portabella mushrooms) from the cafeteria and saw that they had crumbled bacon in the salad bar. I sprinkled a little on my veggies, SO YUM! I also just bought BACON SALT on Amazon. Excited to try it...
Old 08-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

Another reason I'm in such a good mood-a co-worker who I don't see often just looked me over and said "you are looking good, you are looking really slim-have you been losing weight?"

I was so excited and happy, I'm thrilled people are noticing!!
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm in a good mood. I avoided a binge this morning and ran five miles on a treadmill in under an hour for the first time ever! Then at work, one of the executives I work with surprised me with a huge compliment, sending me a note (cc'ing my boss) about how much he appreciated all I have done for him. He had asked his admin to set up a fake meeting on the pretense of getting me to come to his office, where he presented me with a framed thank you, a crazy hat (don't ask -long story) and two $25 gift cards to Dave & Buster's. Made me happy all day.

Then as I was leaving work, ANOTHER executive I support sent a note that said at the bottom: "I have to say you are the best HR partner I have had in the 14 years I have worked here".

Nothing motivates me more at work than knowing I am appreciated by my client group. It is much more important than recognition from my boss (which doesn't come nearly as often because she is fawning over the new young guy who works for her, but oh well...).

Then I bought a new TV after work, and now I have a long weekend to relax. And the NFL starts next week

KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #13  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

How bad is it that already two items on my bucket list involve food? (One is to do a Triple D gastro tour, the other is to attend this thing called a bacon festival! What?!)

I'm in a super mood today. I had an awesome workout today. So awesome in fact, I want to go back to the gym and do it again! I'm feeling fueled by joy today!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #14  

I'm liking this guys! Lets keep the thread going! Even if you're day isn't perfect, you can always come up with a reason why you SHOULD be in a good mood ... and then maybe those feelings will take over. :-)
Old 09-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #15  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Bacon, eh?! Ever have this

Yum yum.
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote