Old 08-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/191/145

Height: 5'4"

Question Is It Possible??

Is it possible to be kicked out of ketosis without cheating?? I've been on IP for 12 weeks now and the last few days I feel like I've been STARVING. I haven't cheated but am thinking I'm no longer in ketosis because I've been so hungry. Just curious.
brandissimo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandissimo11 View Post
Is it possible to be kicked out of ketosis without cheating?? I've been on IP for 12 weeks now and the last few days I feel like I've been STARVING. I haven't cheated but am thinking I'm no longer in ketosis because I've been so hungry. Just curious.

It is possible. What have you been eating? Any restricted? Any high carb veggies like tomatoes or egg plant?

Some people are real sensitive

Also, I have days when I am starving and 100%. Sometimes I find I don't eat enough, don't have my oil or salt. I am still in ketosis, but actually hungry and need to eat more.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

I'm having my TOM and am starving. But, I also worked a 15-hour day yesterday. I had some extra protein and veggies when I got home because I was so hungry.
AnnaBoBanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
It is possible. What have you been eating? Any restricted? Any high carb veggies like tomatoes or egg plant?

Some people are real sensitive

Also, I have days when I am starving and 100%. Sometimes I find I don't eat enough, don't have my oil or salt. I am still in ketosis, but actually hungry and need to eat more.
I have been having a restricted item every day, but that's because I ended up with to many restricted items and to have my three packets a day I have to have a restricted item because I have nothing else lol. I don't plan on buying any restricted items when I go to weigh in on Saturday because I want to get back into my habit of having 2-3 restricted items a week. Maybe that will help when I start that.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:33 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandissimo11 View Post
I have been having a restricted item every day, but that's because I ended up with to many restricted items and to have my three packets a day I have to have a restricted item because I have nothing else lol. I don't plan on buying any restricted items when I go to weigh in on Saturday because I want to get back into my habit of having 2-3 restricted items a week. Maybe that will help when I start that.
I would make sure you are getting in all your water, oil, salt, etc, and have your restricted things in the morning. I have a bar for breakfast every other day some weeks. My coach has me add these when I get into a plateau.

Also, it may be GOOD NEWS for you...most people feel really hungry before a big loss! I hope this is the case for you.

I bet you are still in ketosis. Just fill that tummy with water
Old 08-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #6  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Also, it may be GOOD NEWS for you...most people feel really hungry before a big loss! I hope this is the case for you.

I bet you are still in ketosis. Just fill that tummy with water
Ditto what Delgen said, I was always 100% and the days when I felt "true hunger" were quickly followed by a great WHOOSH.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Ditto what Delgen said, I was always 100% and the days when I felt "true hunger" were quickly followed by a great WHOOSH.

I hope you're both right!! That would be fabulous!! I'll keep trying to drink as much water as I can to see if that at least helps.... Thanks!!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #8  
Started IP 6/27/12

S/C/G: 240/184/130

Height: 5'3

Agh I want to be Hungry! I need a big whoosh!
jessicaolsonx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

I am OFTEN hungry before my TOM - true hunger - but I don't think I've ever been out of ketosis - just my hormones messing with me! Some months it doesn't bother me but some months - boy oh boy! Good luck!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 304/219.6/200

Height: 6'

I'm glad to hear that hunger might mean a big woosh. The last few days I have been hungry before lunch and supper and I'm only on week 2 (2nd WI tomorrow). I sure hope the hunger doesn't last.
Have a great night!
ddd849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicaolsonx4 View Post
Agh I want to be Hungry! I need a big whoosh!
LOL... that made me laugh!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 258/166.5/159

Height: 5 7"

I had that exact same question! I spent most of last week miserable and hungry - which was odd because I have been on IP for 20 weeks - 100% all the way and have had no issues sticking to the plan. I did not cheat last week despite the crazy temptation but my weigh in was a big fat zero! I talked to my coach (who is fabulous!) and she suggested I might be out of ketosis. I have ketostix at home and I checked. ... Sure enough I was not in ketosis. I have NO idea what kicked me out but I was clearly out for the entire week based on how I felt! Two days later and I am in the mild range of ketosis with the headache to go with. Despite the transition back into it - I feel much better - no insatiable cravings and "angry" hunger. Scale still has not moved but I will keep t it 100% and I know it will move in the right direction again!
Sugarcoatedcandygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:25 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarcoatedcandygirl View Post
I had that exact same question! I spent most of last week miserable and hungry - which was odd because I have been on IP for 20 weeks - 100% all the way and have had no issues sticking to the plan. I did not cheat last week despite the crazy temptation but my weigh in was a big fat zero! I talked to my coach (who is fabulous!) and she suggested I might be out of ketosis. I have ketostix at home and I checked. ... Sure enough I was not in ketosis. I have NO idea what kicked me out but I was clearly out for the entire week based on how I felt! Two days later and I am in the mild range of ketosis with the headache to go with. Despite the transition back into it - I feel much better - no insatiable cravings and "angry" hunger. Scale still has not moved but I will keep t it 100% and I know it will move in the right direction again!
Wow! Any idea at all about how or why you were out of ketosis?
Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarcoatedcandygirl View Post
There really isn't a "mild range" of ketosis. You are either in or you're not.
The amount of ketones registering on a ketostick have MUCH to do with hydration. If you're drinking all of your water, your color change will be minimal but you are still in ketosis. The ketones are easily diluted. It is a GOOD THING if you can't get the stick to turn dark. It means you're drinking a LOT of water to flush them out!

Many people are in ketosis and it does not register at all.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote