Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #1  

Default Complete halt

Hi guys,

I've been on my journey now since Feb, and for the past three weeks, I've completely shut down and have eaten absolutely everything in my path and stopped exercising... and I don't know why or what I've done to myself. I'm scared and need some encouragement in starting up again. I'm terrified of gaining it all back. Help please.....
Naya23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 305.5/226.8/170

Height: 5'5"

Hey Naya23,
First of all, congratulations on sticking to your plan for six months. That, in itself, is an accomplishment. Second, don't look at these past three weeks as any sort of a failure. Sometimes you need a break when you've been hitting it hard for a long time. The important thing is that you're recognizing that you haven't given up, that you're still in this thing, by simply reaching out for encouragement. That to me says that you're still right on track, and you just took a detour. You've got this.
I yoyo'd around in the 270's for SIX WHOLE MONTHS after losing my first 35 lbs. At first I couldn't figure out what it was, but I finally realized it was because I'd become complacent in my weight loss method and needed a new 'challenge'...So this week I changed my method (in my case, from WW to Calorie Counting) and have already noticed a difference. I'm positive that by this Sunday's weigh in, I'll have broken through this loooong detour I've been on. All of that to say that you are not alone, that not everyone meets their goals within six months, and that the key is to never give up.
I'm stealing this thought from a quote I saw on "nicolejoy"'s signature earlier
but if you never give up then you never have to start over. You just pick up where you left off before
You've got this!!
LebenAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Excellent post, LebenAlles. Naya23, you can do this!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 145 / 102 / ?

Height: 5'

Naya--you can do this, but you've got to nip it in the bud. On the wagon since February is awesome!! You must feel so much better without the weight you've lost! It may take about 3 days of white-knuckling it to get over the hump, and get used to eating clean again, but after that, you'll be back in the groove. Do it now, though, because you're right--if you don't, you will gain it all back. (Says the girl who knows first-hand!)
HungryHungryHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #5  

Thank you guys! I don't feel so alone now... and your right I gotta nip it in the bud!!!
Naya23 is offline   Reply With Quote