View Poll Results: What Do You Try To Limit The Most When You're On Plan?
Fat 1 11.11%
Calories 1 11.11%
Carbs 2 22.22%
Sodium 0 0%
1 Or More Of The Above 4 44.44%
None......I Try To Eat Some Of All Of The Above 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 07:15 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies......(#4)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:18 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #3 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!!

Have a great OP day!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:51 AM   #3  
Carol

Good Morning!!!

Here I am the original screw up. The "Sugar Monster" has been chasing me for days and he finally caught me on Tuesday. I have had two days of eating all the wrong things. Just take me out and beat me!!

Oh Lord give me strength. Here I go.... I am starting again!! I really thought it "clicked" the last time and I was going to do it for the long haul. "sigh"

Gayle: I am so sorry. It is sad to lose anyone, but a young person is always the hardest. I know! We lost a nephew in a vehicle accident. He was only 27. My prayers are with them!

Sherry: I am so proud of you! You are going to be so skinny!!! I love it!!! Keep it up! You must be on cloud 9.

Debbie: You and Sherry are going to be the two skinnies people on that beach... You have the will power now!!! You go girl. I know it is a daily struggle, but you are winning the war!!! I am so happy and proud!! Just like a peacock!! :

Well gotta run.

To all of my floozie friends... Have a wonderful OP day!!

Hugs

Carol
Old 04-10-2003, 09:32 AM   #4  
Losing it!

Carol: I have a HUGE need for sugars most days. I can bypass the pretzels and chips but want to head straight for the package of chocolate. This great desire has resulted in a several pound gain and binges that I am not proud of...
Do you like meat, cheese, eggs and veggies??? I really would suggest the Atkins plan or something similar. I have noticed that if you can make it to day 3 or 4, your desire for sweets will be greatly reduced and you will lose most of the cravings. In my own opinion, never before have I been able to diet and not be near as hungry as on this plan. I really do believe it helps those out with blood sugar issues. If you are interested, just shout and there are enough low carbers on this thread to help you out!

Craziest diet that I have been on: Cambridge. Basically three shakes a day, no food what so ever!!! Tasted gross, lost weight, stayed on it 12 days straight, ate one meal gained it all back!!!!
Old 04-10-2003, 11:37 AM   #5  

Gayle, first of all sorry to hear about the accident.

Yuk, I remember that Cambridge diet. In fact we were talking about it last week, but I couldn't remember what it was called. I was on it when we were going through the adoption process with Mark. First of all, it messed up my blood work; and second, I ate so much celery just to hear it crunch.

I've also tried Atkins, and it generally did work for me as a jump-starter. Actually, I did pretty good with maintenance for quite a while the first time. The main thing I cut out was French fries, and still only have them occasionally. Usually what I do is have a few when I take the grandchildren out, and that satisfies me for awhile.

My newbie is a modified Weight Watcher/Wendie Plan/3 day diet. Hey, I can be creative. The "3 day" one was just in Woman's World. On that one, you diet 3 days with a menu provided but can make modification. We changed a couple of the veggies as 3 days of carrots was a bit much. Also, the next time, we're going to flipflop breakfast and lunch for the 3rd day. I almost think it was a misprint.

The other 4 days, you eat sensibly, so it's Weight Watchers. The Wendie plan still comes into play as you are varying your points. The 3 day plan does not have to be in a row, but this week I did Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I'd like to do Monday and Thursday plus either Tuesday or Wednesday, leaving my weekend out of it, but this week, and I think next, I have luncheons on Thursday. Today is some India place.

Sherry and Debbie: I am making some progress about Nashville. I still haven't talked with my friend from high school, but as soon as I can make contact, hopefully will be setting up a fact-finding trip. If/when I do, I'll definitely be in touch. I do have one question: "who would I contact or where could I find info. about substitute teaching in Tennessee".

To everyone else, I'm thinking about you, and will be chatting more soon. I wish I were having lunch with you instead of the group I am meeting. It's a group of the gals I used to work with, and frankly I really don't care to hear about "the good ol' days" or what might be going on there now. I DO NOT miss Revenue.

Hugs.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:41 PM   #6  

Gayle, I am so sorry about the accident. How tragic for the young man's family as well as all of his friends.

Love,
Ramona
Old 04-10-2003, 12:46 PM   #7  

Thumbs down

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!

Today I am going to post a real post.

My company left earlier than expected. We were expecting them to leave tomorrow morning. They left at 10 this morning. They thought it would be better for me to have a bit of a rest before my next set of company comes. They are right I am pooped. Too many very late nights and not enough sleep.

Gayle I am sorry to hear about your cousins accident. That is so tragic when you carry the burden of a death of someone. Such a sad time with Prom and all. They will be in my prayers.
Make sure that you post some pics of Liz at prom.
Have you repaired your pond yet? It was a funny story but I would have been so upset.

Tital Fan Dee......so what did you get in your package that you won from the radio station?

Doni sorry to hear about your friend that passed away. Did you find out if it was a heart attack? He was so young.

Carol let us help you keep on track. When you have bad days that is the days you should post. We are there for you. Glad that you are back here posting.

Jennelle being a teacher is probably going to be one of the hardest things that you will do in your life. Hang in there.

Ramona how is your hand infection? Were you able to keep it together for the "support the troops rally"? I bet there was a lot of people that came out. I guess that you solved all of our problems now with weight gain it is that darn anti bacterial soap.

Sherry your Easter eggs cracked me up this morning. They are cute. You are doing great. Wonderful weightloss and being on program for many days. I think that you have to make sure that you are eatting more though. It doesn't look like you are eatting enough. You really have motivated all of us to get back on program and do it together. Thanks.

Debbie wow aren't you an awesome chick. You will look sexy even with sand in your crack. Keep up the hard work. Hey I am glad that I got you thinking of getting us all together. That will be a blast.

Shelley you have one heck of a big library. How is that blood blister on you foot? I get them sometimes too. Gee to weight 117 and think that you were fat......I kinda know where you are coming from though. When I was 120 I wanted to weigh less too. I thought I was fat.

Jeanne you made some great choices at the mexican restaurant. Good for you. We need to remember that eatting isn't what is important it is the socializing.

To all my other floosie friends.....have a great day.

DEE
Old 04-10-2003, 03:02 PM   #8  

Dee, as expected there were several free lunch and dinners in the package. This is from a sports station, but their other topics are food and politics, and I'm not sure in which order. One expires this weekend so we're having pizza tomorrow night. Most of the others are long-term so I can scatter them through the spring and summer.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:16 PM   #9  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Hi girls

Tomorrow is Friday and payday, so I'll be fine now!! James has been off work almost 4 weeks and we have only received 1 insurance check. Time to tighten up!!

Gayle...So sad about the accident, and so young. My thoughts and prayers go out to his faimly and friends.

Dee Titan.....I send you a PM with a website for Nashville Public Schools. There is all kinds of information there, hope it helps.

Carol....How did today go for you? Just take it one day at a time and remember we are all here for you. You can do this!!

Sherry...I agree with Dee, you are such an inspiration to me!! I keep thinking back to that Saturday when I ate a BIG MAC and you got a salad and WATER!! Today is my 18th day being totally OP. Thank You!!

Shelley.....Have you always been a runner? I think I weighed 117 when I was a small child...LOL.

Jeanne.....How are you doing? I forgot my tortillas this morning, but I'm going to eat one for breakfast in the morning. Do I count 12 carbs for each one?

Hugs to all my floozie friends....Deb

Old 04-10-2003, 11:46 PM   #10  
Losing it!

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers concerning the accident. Whats sad is that my cousins kid has been allowed to do as he wants his entire life. The other boy just got caught up in it and paid with his life. I know this probably sounds heartless of me, but after speaking to my Aunt, it seems that he is more concerned with gathering attention during this time. How sad a young life is lost and how sad that some people think only of themselves.

Titan Dee: Your plan sounds GREAT! Do what works for you!!

Dee: Get some much deserved rest before the next set of company arrives. For the life of me, I can't figure out how you stay on plan with all of your entertaining and homemade wine! Pond is fixed and now contains 2 snails and 4 shubunkins (fishies) I will need to wait a few more weeks before I can add the plants.

Deb: How is James doing? How soon can he go back to work?

Girls, I found the perfect way to diet!!!! Lets just say: Don't ever use a large coffee can as a make-shift step stool in the kitchen when your to lazy to go get the real thing! To make a long story short, I have a HUGE bloody and cut lip, sore gums, scraped wrist and I thought I knocked a few teeth loose!!! The same time I slipped, all of my pyrex and glass baking dishes came tumbling out of the cabinet and right towards me. My lips and teeth caught everything!! On a good note: I have a clean kitchen floor now from cleaning up the coffee grounds, I did not break one dish, and I stayed OP tonight because it hurt to bad to chew. So egg drop soup for me!!! Whatever made me think that a person my size could stand on an aluminum coffee can without something giving! To make matters worse, I have no clue how I cut and scraped up my wrist!

I hope all of you are having a great day!!! Big plans for the weekend????
Old 04-11-2003, 12:47 AM   #11  

Debbie,
The carb count for the tortillas is 3. You subtract the dietary fiber grams (9) from the Carb count (12) for the total. Believe me, I wouldn't have been eating them if they counted as 12.

Titan Fan Dee,
You have a very creative diet plan...I love it. Nothing like figuring out a program that will work for you.

Well everyone, I'm not going to be around much until Easter because we are off on a camping trip this weekend and them we are going up to my mom's on Wednesday. I may check in on Monday or Tuesday but that will be it. So hang in there everyone for the final Easter Challenge stretch.

Chat with you all soon.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:50 AM   #12  

Gayle-Take care of yourself!! You must be very sore everywhere now!!

I wish I could get myself back OP, but I just can't right now. I have been very depressed over money issues and just don't really care about anything right now--I'm riding on a spare tire right now!!

Debbie-I've only been running for about 3 years. I have been a compulsive dieter for as long as I can remember. I don't know of anything during my youth that I was not on a diet!

Gotta get to work--I'll tell you my tire story this weekend.
Old 04-11-2003, 09:31 AM   #13  

SHELLEY{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} I hope things get better soon!

Gayle! You poor thing! Are you SURE you aren't my long lost sister? Maybe we should form the sisterhood of Klutz!!! Now, next time, GO GET THE STEP STOOL!!!lololololol

Debbie and Sherry, I'm so proud of how well you are both doing. Nothing can stop you now!!!!!

Jeanne, have a great time on your camping trip! It sounds like lots of fun!

Dee, I went back to the doctor yesterday for my hand. It has now formed an abcess. She put me on Cipro and told me to keep hot compresses on it for the next three days and then she is going to cut it open and see what is still in there. YUCK!!!

I'll try to get back and post to everyone else later today.

Love,
Ramona
Old 04-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #14  

Gayle please be careful. A lot worse could have happenned. I am glad that you will heal. That poor mouth of yours, try sucking popcycles. Glad that your pond in back up and running.

Jeanne where are you going camping? I love to camp but Dez and I had a near death experience the last time needless to say we haven't been back. That was about 7 years ago.

Shelley {{{{hugs}}}} know that I am here for you. Can you sell something to give you money to buy a new tire?

Ramona I anm glad that you went back to the doctor's yesterday. That isn't very good news though. Take care and keep it clean.

Titan Fan Dee that's sounds like a nice package to win. Winning anything is fun.

Debbie when do you expect James to go back to work/ Glad that it is your pay day, putting steak on the table is expensive.

Sherry take a break this weekend and do a minimum of cleanning. Enjoy the outdoors.

Well I better run I have to go out for my walk.

Have a great weekend.........my next few days will be busy so I will try to post short ones.

DEE
Old 04-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #15  

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Don't ya just love Fridays!!??)

I was going to post last night but after my walk, I layed down and was just too pooped to get back up!

I'm STILL OP!! Today was day 26!!!!!!! PINCH ME.....AM I DREAMING????????

Today was a 4th grader's birthday and his Mom brought cupcakes
for his class.Of course the extra's got sent to the office.At first I wanted to cram my whole face into one BUT THEN...I thought, "Sherry do you REALLy want one or do you just think you do?" I was good and said "No thanks!!"

This by no means mean that I'll go forever with no sweets.It just means that I will ONLY eat sweets when I REALLY want it and not when I think I need to!! Make sense?

Carol,
I was hoping that when I got home there would be a post from you.I'm so worried about you.Just because you didn't stay OP longer then 2 days doesn't mean that you can't try again! I don't know what I can say to help you.Maybe if you think about the trip that you're going on with hubby?! When you feel the urge to get off plan, think about the trip! Also....Why do you have those sweets in your house???? If they are for hubby, the kids or grandkids....start buying the things that you DON'T like! That has helped me. Please know that I'm thinking about you and I'm not giving up on you!! You can do it Carol!!! Hang tough and remember we're all here for you!!

**I was going to post to everyone but Wayne & Drew wants dinner. I'll try to get back on tonight and finish.

Hugs,
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry; 04-11-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Closed Thread