Old 08-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #1  

Default Chocolate Mug Cake

How do I search the recipes to find this? I type in key words and it brings up listings with tons of pages. How do I find recipes quicker? thanks
proteingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/176/150

Height: 5'4''

go to google and type it in that way. btw, mug cake is DELISH!!!!

ggsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 258.4/163.6/168.4

Height: 5' 3"

I use one packet of the shake mix, mix it with water until it's smooth - mix in 1 egg white, 1 packet of splenda, and 1/2 tsp. of baking powder - then bake for 3 minutes in a giant mug or a bowl - I have one every day (except now I'm actually using the same mix and putting it into a mini-muffin tin spayed with olive oil Pam and making mini-chocolate muffins (I bake it at 350 for 10 minutes - they are awesome!) not sure how to search the thread though - good luck!
drakegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
I use one packet of the shake mix, mix it with water until it's smooth - mix in 1 egg white, 1 packet of splenda, and 1/2 tsp. of baking powder - then bake for 3 minutes in a giant mug or a bowl - I have one every day (except now I'm actually using the same mix and putting it into a mini-muffin tin spayed with olive oil Pam and making mini-chocolate muffins (I bake it at 350 for 10 minutes - they are awesome!) not sure how to search the thread though - good luck!
Have you tried it with any of the other drink flavors or just the chocolate? I do love the chocolate mug cake, but thinking maybe I want to try orange???
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

I asked this same question and was told when you search to use the "Advanced Search" button so maybe give that a try... I agree tho'.... this is a VERY active place and it's hard to find things sometimes. The good news is that the more you play around, the more treasures you find!
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #6  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

I was wondering about this Mug Cake, as my mother is on Ideal Protein ...

Here is the recipe, with lots of suggestions

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...do-i-make.html

BTW when I am trying to find a specific thread here, I go to google and enter any search terms I can think of - maybe include "ideal protein" as well - and add "three fat chicks" or "3fatchicks.com" to get to this forum. Works waaay better than the built-in search engine, which often gives hundreds of results ("mug cake" gave 490 results; using google it was the first hit)
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #7  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegirl View Post
WWWAAAHHH! I opened the oven to check em and they fell like a flat souffle Bet they still taste yummy! I used a full sized pan so maybe next time will go with the mini-muffins as you said. Also, I only added half the water of making the shake -- does that seem about right? You said "until it's smooth" but I didn't know if that was part of the problem

If in doubt, make another batch! MMMMMmmmmm.....
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/176/150

Height: 5'4''

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrochet View Post
Have you tried it with any of the other drink flavors or just the chocolate? I do love the chocolate mug cake, but thinking maybe I want to try orange???
I use the vanilla mix, adding in cinnamon and sometimes pumpkin spice seasonings. the vanilla one tastes more "eggy" to me though...someone told me to use liquid egg whites instead of the fresh egg whites and it would taste better. I havent tried the liquid ones yet.
ggsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #9  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
WWWAAAHHH! I opened the oven to check em and they fell like a flat souffle Bet they still taste yummy! I used a full sized pan so maybe next time will go with the mini-muffins as you said. Also, I only added half the water of making the shake -- does that seem about right? You said "until it's smooth" but I didn't know if that was part of the problem

If in doubt, make another batch! MMMMMmmmmm.....
The mugcake & pudding cakes are infamous for deflating/exploding...don't worry - this isn't Revenge of the Zucchini Chips...
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 201/192/160

Height: 5' 5.5"

OMG! I just made this in a soup bowl using Syntrax chocolate drink mix. It came out really good! It's close to the cake mix from Proti Diet (not as moist)but you get a much larger serving and it's way cheaper to make it this way. I can't wait to try it using vanilla shake mix and other flavors like SF hazelnut or carmel syrup for some of the water....

Karen
karenfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/175

Height: 5' 5

Does this same recipe work for the pudding mix too? Or is it only the shake mix??? I have plenty of pudding mixes but only the RTD shakes.
Lorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
Does this same recipe work for the pudding mix too? Or is it only the shake mix??? I have plenty of pudding mixes but only the RTD shakes.
I tried it with a pudding mix...did not work out at all! Texture was similar to very moist bread pudding, but just a little to nasty to eat.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote